Home Instead

Home Instead Employee Reviews

United Kingdom707 reviews

Found 707 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,422 reviews
lovelyclientcaregiverrotacharnwoodhomeinsteadpetrolcompanionship

Fantastically caring people with phenomenal management team

Featured review

Home Instead selected this as a representative review
Home Instead Senior Care Epsom & MV are about the best company I have worked for in terms of the culture and attitude to both staff & clients. They genuinely care & work hard to find the best situation/outcome for all. They are always keen to find clients that match your personality & are as flexible as they are able to be with regards to working hours. Management acknowledge good work & are always prepared to listen to any concerns. The office team are also incredibly supportive.

Pros

Incredibly rewarding job supported by a great management & office team

Cons

The nature of the job means that you will have to come to terms with losing clients. Never easy.

Rewarding

Fantastic company to work for. Management is very supportive and informative. Education and training is also provided to a highest standard. Overall great and rewarding experience.

Insights into Home Instead

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Not worth the stress

At first I loved working at Home Instead with the values and training. Then a change of management sent the place downhill. Carers not made welcome negative atmosphere and attitude. Head of HI have a great idea but they don't keep a close enough eye on managers of franchises. They get away with treating staff badly. High stress levels. Read all the negative reviews they're true. Avoid.

Pros

Good salary, hour long calls (mostly)

Cons

Management, carers not valued, fear of hours going down if you say no, expected to cover a lot of sickness

Interesting and varied clients managed sympathetically

Strong attempts are made to match the varied and individual skills of Care Professionals with the ever-changing array of clients.Ongoing training is in place and keeping up to date is encouraged.The office staff are approachable, friendly and do their best to resolve any work related problems. It can feel isolated out on the road following the schedule between clients and beyond the odd staff meeting I rarely meet my colleagues. The accrued mileage can be high but is managed as equably as possible.The clients are the stars - I have met a range of people who have lived very varied and interesting lives, have marvellous skills and who usually welcome the chance to chat and share their experiences. This can be very rewarding and give great job satisfaction.The most difficult part of the job is coming to terms with the passing of clients with whom a good relationship has developed.The job of a Care Professional is spiritually rewarding and I feel as though I make a positive difference to the lives of those clients I visit. It is not, however, a job where you will get rich financially. Home Instead is a good franchise to work for if you are comfortable with the above.

Good communication and support

I have only been at the company for a week on my induction it was very good also the training they try very hard to meet your hours as well the management there door is always open if you have any problems or queries they give you support so far I found the company to be good .

Cons

kind caring place to work

Very kind caring place to work. gives me all the hours i need and travel is really good! Since I've joined my colleagues have been amazing and helped me to fit in.

No 2 days are the same

Home Instead is a company that prides themselves on delivering high quality care in a person centred way. At times there can be lots of travel. This can’t be helped due to the location of my clients . The people I support are wonderful. Not one day is the same. Office staff communicate well and are at the end of the phone if support is needed .

Pros

Supportive management team, flexible hours, pay is not bad

Cons

Travel at times, with current mileage prices

Difficult work unsociable hours

A rewarding job but difficult to earn a good salary, hours are unsociable and spread thinly across a week including every other weekend, a lot of travelling and no guarantee of any income at all, a great deal of responsibility with a low income, management are very supportive but wouldn’t recommend working for them.

No time given for clients

I felt there was no time given for clients. Expected to much in that time. To much information to put on app while trying to care for clients. Not a lot of time given between clients to get from one to the other. Worked 1 day with an employee to learn the tasks then expected to work on my own.

Flexible

Good company to work for if you want flexibility but be prepared to do all the training in your own time. What carers get paid compared to what the company charges is depressing.

Pros

You work the hours that suit you

Cons

Poor pay

Caring environment

Great company with lots of caring individuals who work out in the community in the private sector . Great training provided which is all up to date with industry standards.

Until today I am sticking with Home Instead.

I enjoyed working with HomeInstead as a Live In CAREgiver so much ! Some of their franchises such as the Oxford, *St Albans* and maybe Southampton were absolute amazing work places for me. But I also had to see the other face of the medal where few other franchises were not so helpful and not so transparent... But overall this is a very very great Company and if If ever I would surely recommend this to anyone in search for a job / quality care.

Pros

Good management

Just no…

When I started working for home instead I had a great schedule and management were seemingly understanding of my availability that soon went out the window when the manager decided to bring in a new system which left me with with little to no hours or they would schedule me on days I wasn’t even free then act annoyed when I couldn’t do them, if you want a job where you still have somewhat of a social life DO NOT WORK HERE! The manager also thought it was okay to threaten me with a bad reference if I didn’t work after I had handed in my notice…

Official response from Home Instead

25 October 2022
Our goal is for everyone to have a positive experience with the Home Instead network. Your feedback regarding this franchise office is really important to us and we invite you to contact Toni Schmitt/Tim Mudgett, Brand Advocate and Ombudsman, at our corporate office if you'd like to share any specific concerns. You can reach them at 402.205.8392. Thank you.

Always chaning ur rota and a lot of unpaid milage

Don't get milage if clients visits are over1 hour in-between each client was doing 400 miles plus a month without getting paid for it always having to complain, a lot of lovely carers and clients but the office staff let's it down lack of communication between them all, always changing ur rota without letting u know.

Cons

Long hrs unpaid mileage not always local

lovely team/family feel. felt really appreciated

always someone at the end of a phone for any questions or queries. continual learning with courses and online programmes. no rushing clients. given plenty of time to complete tasks.

One of the better care companies

Good care company, good rate of pay but expect to be busy, not enough time between clients. Most clients are nice & easy to work with. Managers can be demanding, wanting you to work extra hours.

Pros

All visits are a minimum of an hour.

Cons

Rushing to get to next client especially in traffic.

Very nice experience

The management is wonderful and always very helpful, the job itself is nice and gives you lots of satisfaction. Unfortunately the hours are not stable and it is hard to make more hours weekly due to transportation to each client. The coure you have to pass before working is very nice and informative. I recommend this job as a side job.

Different to what they say in the interview

Homeinstead advertises differently from the roles that they actually give you. They say that have befriender roles but there is none. They also don't tell you at the interview that you have to work every other weekend. Also that you have to work over Christmas.

Best job i have ever had

Home Instead really care about their staff, are responsive to requests and are organised. Management are supportive and the office team are great. I love my job

Pros

Great pay, great work life balance, support

Official response from Home Instead

19 October 2022
Thank you for your review of your continued experience with this Home Instead franchise office. We’re glad to hear how positive it is. We appreciate your service to the older adults in your community.

Focus on top quality care

I currently work for HI Stockport &Tameside. HI are professionals in care. I have worked for other community care companies who do not put the clients & staff first equally. HI try their best to do this. There have been moments where busy work loads have been pushed on to us & therefore mistakes happen, despite this it has been a learning curve appreciated on both sides. The travelling time is better than other companies but still not enough between alot of calls we have to go to, therefore the cost of our time and fuel comes out of our salary which with fuel costs being so high is a financial loss to care pros. The hourly rate too is not as good as other care companies but the management are supportive, especially over worries about safeguarding of clients and staff. Overall I am impressed with HI Stockport, just a few things that need changing.

Pros

Rewarding work with inspirational clients & care pro team

Cons

Hourly rate low compared to other care companies

A truly lovely company to work for.

I loved working here. I was valued and the work was rewarding. I left with great reluctance due to an increase in hours at another job. I thoroughly recommend Home Instead. I cannot praise them highly enough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Instead. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement