Home Instead

Home Instead Employee Reviews

United Kingdom669 reviews

Found 669 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,171 reviews
lovelyclientcaregiverrotacharnwoodhomeinsteadpetrolcompanionship

Fantastically caring people with phenomenal management team

Featured review

Home Instead selected this as a representative review
Home Instead Senior Care Epsom & MV are about the best company I have worked for in terms of the culture and attitude to both staff & clients. They genuinely care & work hard to find the best situation/outcome for all. They are always keen to find clients that match your personality & are as flexible as they are able to be with regards to working hours. Management acknowledge good work & are always prepared to listen to any concerns. The office team are also incredibly supportive.

Pros

Incredibly rewarding job supported by a great management & office team

Cons

The nature of the job means that you will have to come to terms with losing clients. Never easy.

Lovely relaxed atmosphere and great support

Really enjoying being with home instead nothing ever a problem if u need anything and we have lot of lovely clients and have a lot of support from office staff and always there to help

Insights into Home Instead

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

A joyful organisation with fabulous values and a clear vision.

A supportive and flexible working environment from a team that listens and takes on board how you feel. Invest in their staff from Day One with an effective Training and Learning Platform and lots of opportunities.Lovely clients who the organisation strive to do their best for and put at the heart of their business. Supporting these clients, just making a little difference to their day, is the best part of the job - being new to Care the hardest part so far is the emotion as you build relationships with the clients. Just get a good feel from your first day and still have it 18 months later.

Pros

Culture, Support, flexibility, clients

Cons

Breath of fresh air in a struggling industry

Before coming to work for this branch I never thought I'd work in the care sector again; I'd washed my hands of it. The owner of this franchise has restored my faith in human decency, ethics, morals and integrity. I took the plunge to come back into domiciliary care, and with a company I had previously had an awful experience with (same company, different franchise), and I'm really glad I did. I feel valued, invested in, listened to, and empowered to do my job in a way that means I can sleep at night knowing I've done the absolute best for the clients and staff. I know that we have the right set of values behind us that mean I genuinely believe in the service we're selling, and I know that our clients are treasured as individuals and will receive the level of care they've been promised from the start. No empty promises with this company. They actually have a conscience. I'd advise prospective employees to read the reviews for the specific franchise office they're interested in as each one is so different. My experiences with the two I've worked for couldn't be further apart.

Wonderful company

Lovely friendly, caring company, probably the nicest most laid back company I’ve ever worked for, everyone is just so calm and stress free, from managers to carers , I only worked for a few months, as I struggle with split shifts and you are expected to do splits, so unfortunately I couldn’t stay, they couldn’t give me the 30 I requested without having to work most days and doing spilts, which was a real shame, but would very highly recommend

Pros

Too many to list ( everything)

Cons

Lots of split shifts, no block shifts so needed to work over more days

The best care company to work for!

After working in Homecare for almost 10 years in various roles for a couple of the largest companies in the industry, joining Home Instead Doncaster was a total surprise! I expected a better quality of care than I had previously experienced but found the service to go way beyond that. I’m extremely proud of the high quality service we provide and the way we value our care professionals. I would confidently recommend anyone to join Home Instead as an employee or client.

Pros

Job satisfaction

3 August 2022
Thank you for your review of this Home Instead franchise office. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience with this office. Thank you for your ongoing service in your community.

Very welcoming

A quick onboarding system, office is welcoming. Staff are very friendly. Clients are great. There is lots of career development either office based or on a care front.

Do not work for this company

Absolutely do not work here, there is no progression, the clients care packages are not reviewed, there is a clear divide between office and carers, it’s just not a nice place to work

Pros

Local

Cons

Pay, communication, training, progression

3 August 2022
Our goal is for everyone to have a positive experience with the Home Instead network. Your feedback regarding this franchise office is really important to us and we invite you to contact Toni Schmitt/Tim Mudgett, Brand Advocate and Ombudsman, at our corporate office if you'd like to share any specific concerns. You can reach them at 888-484-5759. Thank you.

Rewarding, challenging and busy

This job requires you to be conscientious and hardworking, able to multitask and be proactive in using your initiative to provide relevant care. However, you are well supported by the organisation through an on call line and by the office team.

The most rewarding role I have ever had

Undoubtedly the most rewarding job you could ever wish for. Clients are absolutely delightful, and care professionals are well matched to them. You get the choice of how few or how many hours you work, though obviously you can be asked to cover for absent colleagues, however there is no obligation to do so. I was completely new to the care sector, having worked in another field for many years, and I felt that training was very thorough, and I am extremely proud of all the new skills I have acquired. The work can be challenging, of course, and it is very difficult when the time comes to say goodbye to a client you have become close to, but the rewards of doing this job are indescribable - to know you have put a smile on someone's face, or that someone's day was a little easier or happier because you were there, gives you a feeling of joy and pride which is hard to capture in words. I intended only to do a few hours per week, but by choice, I have built up to full time and I wouldn't have it any other way. I would recommend Home Instead unequivocally to any prospective client, family member, or care professional. I can't speak highly enough of my experience of working here.

Pros

Wonderful clients and plenty of time to build up a rapport with them

Cons

Very difficult to say goodbye to a client you have become attached to

Rewarding

Homeinstead is a very good company to work for you receive a lot of support from office/management. All house training which is excellent Flexible hours good pay and a good pension

Stressfull at times

Was not given enough time to successfully complete each task,felt spoken down too and not appreciated.Wouldn’t recommend as you most likely will be overworked,not be given enough time for each client so they can get more clients in which isn’t nice for the client or carer when you can not provide the proper care.

A great place to grow

Lewes District and Uckfield branch is fantastic. Achievement is rewarded with bonus', advancement and gratitude. A company that truly cares about its workers as much as it does for the clients. Dom care is hard work but you feel like you have the support of the team around you and regular clients and a good amount of time to care.

Incredibly rewarding

Unprofessional, Not Supportive Unless it Suits Them. Your time doesn't seem your own. The clients however are so lovely

I loved my clients & the work I was doing. I made the office aware of change of circumstances & asked for support for 4 weeks (4 shifts) however instead of talking to me about this, I received an email with 1 days notice & the money I had to pay back for training that is done in-house, inductions to clients which you have to do to do you job!!!. I emailed saying I didn't want to leave but wanted to work with them however not 1 reply to any emails from admin OR directors, my number was blocked from admin. I was not paid the bonus for completing my 3 months & Care Certificate & they took my salary even though I asked them not too. I took a career change over Covid to make a difference to the vulnerable however this experience along with the 2 previous care companies has completely put me off working in this industry which is very sad. This company were aware at the beginning that I have 3 people with Autism at home and I was assured of the support but it is all words. I am still utterly upset that this company would not work with me for a short period so the clients were not effected. Plus I never got to say goodbye to my clients.It is not nice writing this when all was Ok until I asked for some support but as this has still upset me I feel people should be made aware that this company are very good at making you feel good to get you through the door but not when you need their support. Admin also don't like feedback on themselves & take it as a criticism instead of feedback that can help them. Such a shame

Terrible Company

Always asked to work extra Shifts at short notice. Travelling 2 hours round trip to a Client. Pay often messed up. Phone Calls constantly on Days Off. Expected to complete 1.5 hours Care in 1 hour.

newcastle office

Just how people keep hold of their franchise with such huge turnover of office staff, no continuity for poor clients or their families, owners only interested in saving face and looking good themselves, treat people working notice period appallingly even when leaving to develop career , paperwork a mess and care plans not relevant or updated due to office staff spending to much time covering care calls before work, after work and weekends, office manager family friend of owners so everything gets back to them no peer support or confidentiality upheld within office team, owners have no people skills or respect for those working for them, easy come easy go attitude, spoiling the good name of a reputable company.

Friendly and supportive management, great company to work for!

Home instead is a great company to work for. Everyone in the office is so supportive and friendly and will help you with anything you need. As a caregiver you do mostly work on your own but you still feel part of the team due to the good communication and organisation from management. Plenty opportunities to do further training. Couldn’t recommend them enough.

Pros

Good terms and conditions, Job satisfaction

Poorly run

Shortage of staff. No proper training. Expected to work at short notice Put in dangerous situations even after being told about the situations Very uncaring office staffOnly thing the company cared for was money.

I enjoyed my job but found it difficult being away from home for so long

I overall enjoyed my time with Home Instead very supportive management team who took care of their staff, always there when you needed someone to talk to.I left because I found live in care very difficult as I would rather do my shift and then go home, being away from home for two weeks could be a bit depressing at times and made you feel low.I would recommend this to someone who didn’t mind being away from home, the pay was excellent and staff were lovely.

Pros

Lovely clients, free food, two weeks off

Cons

Being away from home for two weeks

14 June 2022
We're glad to hear from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts about this Home Instead franchise office.

A great team to work with and for.

Friendly and Caring family-run company that value their staff as much as their clients. You get to build wonderful relationships with your clients and plenty of time too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Instead. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Home Instead with

Learn about Home Instead in popular locations

• Home Instead
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?