Home Instead logo
Home Instead

Home Instead Employee Reviews

Found 507 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,379 reviews

Fantastically caring people with phenomenal management team

Featured review

Home Instead selected this as a representative review
Home Instead Senior Care Epsom & MV are about the best company I have worked for in terms of the culture and attitude to both staff & clients. They genuinely care & work hard to find the best situation/outcome for all. They are always keen to find clients that match your personality & are as flexible as they are able to be with regards to working hours. Management acknowledge good work & are always prepared to listen to any concerns. The office team are also incredibly supportive.

Pros

Incredibly rewarding job supported by a great management & office team

Cons

The nature of the job means that you will have to come to terms with losing clients. Never easy.

Very caring & supportive company

From interview to starting I felt welcomed and the assessment days were great. I feel I learnt a lot combined with the shadowing they really prepared me for my role. If i have a problem I have found the office team to be really supportive and will help when I get stuck. I enjoy meeting the Clients and the other Carers. The hardest part of the role is if a client you have built a working relationship with then suddenly goes in to a care home. When this happens it can be upsetting but I have always been offered use of counselling or the employee assistance programme which has a helpline if your are stressed or going through grief.

Pros

Employee assistance programme, support from the office team

Cons

Sometimes clients will go to residential settings

Supportive, caring company.

I have had the pleasure of working for home instead for the last 10 months. Office Staff are really supportive, caring & always a phone call away for any questions. I’ve really enjoyed caring for the clients and always come away feeling good knowing I’ve helped them day. Although I am on a zero hour contact I am never short on hours.I fully recommended working here.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Supportive and caring place to work

I have now been working with the company now for 3 months and they have delivered on all they said they would. I received full training on all my work duties legislation and, policies and guidelines I need to follow. And where my job requires additional training is being given so I can confidently and competently forfill my role. They are an incredibly supportive company to work for, there is always somebody at the end of the phone to provide guidance and support should I need it.I have been given plenty of working hours so much so that I don't work many shifts in my other job. There are times when I've been asked to do additional visits, and whilst I always like to be flexible and cover as much as I can, they understand when I can't.It is wonderful to be able to help people to live well in their own homes. The clients I work with are lovely and I find it very rewarding to work with them.The bonus of Home Instead is the minimum of 1 hour visits, it truly allows you to help kept the clients independent as it gives them time to complete their daily tasks themselves, with help from me where needed, there is no rushing clients.The hours are varied and there are breaks in the day but for me that is perfect. I have gone from long 12 hour shifts, and so to have some time in the day to sit down at home between visits and have a proper lunch is a pleasure. I would say that week on week I know roughly the hours I will work so life planning is easy around them.If you are looking for a job as a carer then I recommend Home Instead as the place to work.

Pros

The time with the clients

Cons

Varied hours could be a con for some

Employee focussed and fun

Great company, they really look after staff through regular 1 to 1s, options for additional training and shadowing. There are also great incentives such as access to a blue light card.

The most rewarding and caring place to work

As a member of the office team I have never felt so valued in a job as I do at Home Instead Havant.I am recognised for my strength.If I make a mistake its recognised as learning for next time and we work out a better way of doing it.The owner of this franchise is fantastic and is heavily involved in all elements of the office.

Pros

Great work ethic and recognition

Cons

Sometimes work hours are long

Not a nice place to work

Not a nice place to work business manager is terrible with new starters expects every one to know everything straight away . They expect everyone to work over their hours .

Way to much travelling

Started out OK I worked for the South Molton branch for nearly two years but in the end just got to much travelling and they DON'T PAY YOU FOR THE FIRST 20 MILES TRAVELLING EACH DAY some weeks I would travel 300 miles but not get paid for 100 miles also my hours went right down kept asking for more but not getting any . when offered more clients they would be over 25 miles away I am sorry to lose my clients but got a job closer to home just think about the travelling before you work for them

Pros

Nice clients

Cons

Way to much travelling between clients and not enough hours

very good company to work for

the only downside is they could not give full time hours as I would likebut overall, a good company to work for, very supportive to both their clients and staff

Pros

very supportive

8 years here - love it!

I have worked for Home Instead Northampton for eight years. Where I started as a part time CAREGiver. Over eight years I have had the opportunity to grow within my role where I am now full time with contract.I am now office based where our team work together, the environment is very supportive where we are able to help eachother. All of our clients are wonderful and being with them for at least an hour each visit really makes a difference, that with having the travel time also. There is no other care provider I would work for. If I left Home Instead, I would leave the care sector.

Cons

There isn't any!

Jobs at Home Instead

See more jobs

Management very poor with no experience of the job.

Loved working with the clients. Insufficient travel time between calls.Management have no experience of the job therefore no understanding of the problems. No loyalty to staff.

Cons

Zero hours contract.

28 May 2021
Our goal is for everyone to have a positive experience with the Home Instead network. Your feedback regarding this franchise office is really important to us and we invite you to contact Toni Schmitt/Tim Mudgett, Brand Advocate and Ombudsman, at our corporate office if you'd like to share any specific concerns. You can reach them at 888-484-5759. Thank you.

Part Time Carer in Epsom & Mole Valley

I had 4 enjoyable years working Part Time for the Home Instead Epsom franchisees. They are Very considerate management with a good focus on both client and employee satisfaction plus matching well to suitable placements. The training there, is very good and this branch has won national awards for excellence within the caring sector.I had to leave 2020 due to COVID , as I was 69.However, I tried to resume a part time career again just this month but in the Reigate area, under another franchisee, but found the interview to be very wrong, and decided within 5 minutes of the meeting that I was not interested working there. Since this Carer company is franchise based, only you can know how you feel at the initial meeting, but be very clear, as I always do, to say what you will do and what you will not do.

Pros

Good company but based on franchisee

Cons

Some hours may not suit.

Awful place to work

Do not even consider working at the Newport office for Home Instead. The owners and management treat everyone differently and staff turnover is high. It is by far the worst place I have ever worked, with incompetent management and owners who don’t care about their staff.

Pros

Wage was fair

Cons

Awful management and owners

Recommend working for them

I loved working for Homeinstead Northampton. Was there 5yrs. Friendly staff and management. Very helpful. Excellent training. Was sad to leave due to relocating.

Pros

Great training and support

Cons

Non

Not very professional

Not very professional Encourage you to lie and break the law with regards car insurance working from place to placeWasnt given enough hoursSome employees rather unprofessional too and rudeFrom home to first appointment no mileage paid or from last to home

11 May 2021
Thank you for your review of this Home Instead franchise office. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience with this office and to give your advice to management. If you would like to provide more details about your experience with this office, please feel free to contact Toni Schmitt, our Brand Advocate and Ombudsman, at 888-484-5759.

Terrible

This company made me ill. I ended up in hospital with stress and anxiety. They did not care either and deducted so much from my last salary that they didn’t pay me for in the first place. I was so happy not to be working there anymore I didn’t question it.If you value your sanity and mental health DO NOT work here.

Pros

Cons

Owners of Franchise were obnoxious and had no idea

12 May 2021
Our goal is for everyone to have a positive experience with the Home Instead network. Your feedback regarding this franchise office is really important to us and we invite you to contact Toni Schmitt/Tim Mudgett, Brand Advocate and Ombudsman, at our corporate office if you'd like to share any specific concerns. You can reach them at 402-205-8392. Thank you.

Busy, Professional and great clients

This has been my first job in the care industry. It is a lot harder than I thought it would be but very rewarding. The in-house training at Home Instead is good and I've taken the first level of my Care Certificate. My day consists of visiting clients in their homes, I love hearing about their stories and memories from the past. The best thing is seeing the smile on their face when you greet them, the worse thing is when you lose someone. It can be very emotional. The office staff are great and will always help if you have any problems, but they are busy and sometimes there are blips in communication when you can't get hold of someone or a message isn't passed on. It can be stressful at times but the pros outweigh the cons.

Pros

Lovely clients

Cons

Pay is ok but could be a bit better

Short stay

The reason I left home instead is because the work/life balance is awful. You are expected to work 16 hours a day 7 days a week which is completely unrealistic. Time between clients ridiculous, either not enough time for travel or too much time to go home so end up hanging around all the time.For eg this is a day of work. 7am-10am client 1 (20 miles away from home) 12pm-1pm client 2 (same street as you live) 1.10pm-2.10pm client 3 (18 miles away from home) 3.30pm-3.30pm client 4 (25 miles away from your home)5pm-8pm client 5 (same village as client 4)8.30pm-10.30pm client 6 ( 3 doors down from client 5)They expect you to give your life to the place and have no home life often given more hours on the same day without asking first. If you say no ever your given no hours then next month as punishment. However it is Decent pay, but very hard and stressful always getting complaints due to clients paying ÂŁ30 an hour and staff being paid ÂŁ10. Clients upset me when told the reason their fave carer is not here is because they have corona virus in hospital by office staff when you actually just have a dentist appointment. Not paid petrol properly or in between clients if more than 59 mins.Expected to do a lot of stuff in your own time

Pros

Lovely clients and making strong relationships

Cons

Long hours, tiring, people very poorly etx

Excellent Place to work

Home INstead Dudley treat all their CAREGivers with the upmost respect and they understand my need to work around my family. The training is first class and all office staff are engaged and suppoprtive.

Pros

Paid travel Time, paid waiting time, flexible, supportive, good selection of on going training, good communication between all staff.

Cons

loosing clients that you've built a relationship

25 April 2021
Thank you for your review of this Home Instead franchise office. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience with this office and thank you for your service.

Poor management

My time here was enjoyable, primarily because of the clients and their supportive families. I didn’t enjoy being in the office because I felt that the staff were waiting for you to make a mistake. Then I was bullied and criticised to the point I was upset every time I went home. I would never have gone there if I’d known it would be so toxic an environment.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

Poor management and frequent reviews

25 April 2021
Thank you for your review of this Home Instead franchise office. Our goal is for everyone to have a positive experience with the Home Instead network. Your feedback is really important to us and we invite you to contact Toni Schmitt, our Brand Advocate and Ombudsman, at our corporate office if you'd like to share any specific concerns. You can reach Toni at 888-484-5759. Thank you.

Amazing company to work for

I have worked just over a year with home s teas and what a year it’s been never have I ever been so happy the office staff are amazing always there to advise help and support we are like one bog family and my clients are amazing it’s such a rewarding job helping and caring for my clients on a daily basis I can’t see myself working anywhere else than home instead

Pros

Achieving so many thing with the support of the office staff

Cons

No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Instead. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4K