Home Support Matters

Home Support Matters Employee Reviews

United Kingdom16 reviews

An alright company

If you drive then this job is good, unfortunately as a person who doesn't drive there was a limit to what I could do but luckily they do have double ups where 2 carers are required. Didn't really get much work since I was being trained despite having training one month before and they put you on a zero hour contract while you are training but the problem is I rarely got any work to actually train. But if I did then I probably would've stayed

Pros

Residents are lovely, free phone and uniform, paid travel

Cons

Zero hour contract while training

Hard work pays off

Office team - pretty good always seem busy but willing to listen and assist were possibleCarers - 90 % hard working, caring and reliable Always willing to upskill members of the team. My coordinator in Lowestoft always seems to listen and solves my problems, if he cant then will point me in the right direction.

Insights into Home Support Matters

What people like
  • Energising work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Excellent company to work for

Before I started working for this company I had worked for a couple off others and I do not receive the support that this company gave. I cannot thank them enough for all there support they provided while I was employed by them they listen to there staff and engage with them. They provide all the necessary training and more. The Pay is realy good compared to other company’s. I honestly cannot fault the office team or management everyone was exceptionally supportive. Highly recommend this company for anyone who is looking for a career in health and social care or would like to change care companys.

Pros

Exceptional support from all office staff, great pay, Cannot say a bad word about them

Love my job!

So happy to be employed with home support matters. They are so flexible with hours and understand when you need to change your shifts. Management are always happy to help you, always friendly on the phone and there when you need support. I feel happy and relaxed in my job and our clients are amazing!

Great company to work for

Great company to work for. Support in all aspects of my job role. Coordinators are very helpful and also I have received great training. This includes my induction and any update training that I have needed to attend. Flexible working hours and mileage paid.

The job itself is great, shame the office are incompetent!

I've worked several years for this company. Management and the office are a complete sham. I've had numerous dreadful mistakes made by people that have no idea what they are doing. They only care about covering calls at the end of the day. It's always short staffed and has a high turnover, that should tell you everything you need to know.Payroll are CONSTANTLY getting it wrong. I've been left struggling on £300 for the month, when I should've got £1500! They don't admit they have made mistakes, they are often rude! So many nice carers and other members of staff have quit due to burnout and the toxic environment. They constantly promise extra pay for helping out, and it's NEVER paid. I also haven't been paid extra when working the entire seasonal period. Mileage allowance is rubbish, and you travel a heck of a lot of miles. Training is dull, mostly done via e-learning.Avoid, avoid, avoid!

Pros

More secure than most

Cons

Office is dreadful, pay errors, rudeness, bad mileage, high staff turnover

Wouldn’t bother.

Company doesn’t seem to care about clients or carers, just getting the next visit covered. I ask for more hours and get less than what I already had! The company has the potential, which is a shame.

Cons

Can’t get through to phones. No support

Overworked and Underpaid

Whilst working for HSM i was working on average 4 days and 5 nights despite being a part time member of staff. When requesting less hours they’d simply say ‘there was no one else who can cover those shifts’ and we’re generally rude. The offices lack of communication and organisation has caused medication to be missed and their clients to suffer.

Okay

I enjoy working for the company, sometimes there are problems, but between the office and the care assistants it always get resolved. I really do enjoy my job, the people I work alongside too.

Would not recommend you apply to this company

Complete joke of a company so dont waste your time applying unless you want to wait months for work, communication is none existent between manager and staff, cant get through on the phone, more interested in you completing training than giving you work

This company is semi-professional

Whilst I have learned about different aspects of care on a professional level, I have experienced unacceptable difficulties with communication between the staff and management. You also have to work one month in hand and a zero-hour contract does not specify your pay per hour, which can cause problems in communication with other organisations, such as Council and Tax Credits. Also, the work culture is pretty basic with no staff 'getting together' opportunities. The hardest part of the job is the training that consists of both online learning and getting things right in practice. However, occasionally, you find satisfaction through work you are doing by building working relationships with individuals you support.

Never feel appreciated

Office staff are very unorganised, can be very rude especially if you cant work. Clients can be lovely but some are very rude and the office doesn't keep clients up to date with changes. Pay slips are given a day before pay which is ridiculous.

Worst company ever

I could only stick this job for a year, management are clueless! There is no confidentiality if you raise a concern, your concerns also get ignored, even after 3 times being raised and several staff members leaving. There is no support, the office and staff are an absolute joke. You get forced into working shifts and bribed (although they don’t keep there end of it) over worked with rubbish pay. Payroll is always messed up as well. Terrible job and would never recommend to anyone!

Good company to work for

Very busy, a wide range of services offered. Covers a large geography over Norfolk and Suffolk. Good supportive management team open to feedback to improve services.

Pros

Secure

Employee Focused

I've worked as a care assistant at Home Support Matters. Home Support Matters is employee focused. They focus on the wellbeing of each employee and strive to make the working life of each employee as happy as possible whilst also delivering a fantastic service.

Flexible ways of working. Really empower their staff at all levels to get the job done. Great office environment. Makes coming to work...

I have worked for Home Support Matters as a care assistant for the last three years. Flexible ways of working. Really empower their staff at all levels to get the job done. Great environment and great people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Home Support Matters. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Home Support Matters with

Learn about Home Support Matters in popular locations

• Home Support Matters
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?