HomeCare Direct

HomeCare Direct Employee Reviews

Good company to work for

Finally a care company that puts its clients and staff above money. Great communication and support from managers. Lots of training opportunities. Regular supervisions to make sure there are no issues. Really love working for HomeCare Direct.

Pros

Great support and training

Fabulous

Good companyvery detailed training person centered care for clients head office good excellent communication between staff and client regularly updated care planskind friendly head office teamgood bank holiday pay ratesFab sick welfareGood company benefits10/10

Pros

communication, pay

terrible

worked for them for approx 1 year, wages never right or paid on time. Constantly being told someone will call me back and no one ever does. given different advice by each person you speak to. No managers ever available to speak to. took 9 weeks to resolve an issue with my holiday pay. No flexibility at all

Pros

none except my client

Cons

everything else

Review

Overall my experience with HomeCare Direct has been a great one. Everyone has been lovely and very well informed. Everyone I have come into contact with knows a great deal and all have everyone's best interest at heart.

Good* place of work

While Homecare direct has been beneficial in sourcing training, letters and documents tend to disappear into the aether of their bureaucracy. This has led to me feeling like the company does not listen to their workers.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

Takes a while to action worker feedback

Brilliant

Excellent company to work for. Always there to help you. The only problem lemon I had was being paid by cheque. Someone is always in the office to help you.

Fun, worked my own hours

I enjoyed working for Homecare. A lot of walking involved which I didn't mind. Typically it would take a day to deliver catalogues to homes, a day to pick them up. I had several areas to cover, which I tried to do each week. The hardest part was the walking in some cases up some very steep hills/drives/stairs to get the catalogue at the door. Loved meeting different people - especially older folk, or people that don't go out very often. I learnt not to go where there are dogs! Also, for delivering the orders I had to be respectful of keeping appointments and I had to learn to handle rejection. Not to take things personally. The team I worked with were great. We didn't meet very often, but when we did, we all had stories to tell.

Pros

No expectations - if we didn't get the whole area covered, it was ok

Cons

The pay is shocking

Jobs at HomeCare Direct