HomeSense

HomeSense Employee Reviews

I didnt receive any training got left by myself to figure out what to do. I felt I couldnt talk to the managers if I had a problem. Didnt feel welcome by the managers. I didnt enjoy going to work.
Pros
discount
Cons
bad management unsociable hours
I was only there a short time but management treated staff well and staff were loyal to the company.Management tried to accommodate requests re shifts, and shifts were posted a week or two in advance.
Lovely place to work, equal pay for all ages, very easy job and loved working for them such an amazing company, really value staff and very easy work, good for all ages
Pros
Good pay easy job
Cons
Hours they are open
Friendly co-workers and lovely team of staff. They take the time to teach you the skills that you need for the job and help you grow as a person. Was a great first job for me
Excellent team to work with. Helpful, empowering, creative, hard working management, fun environment. Look after their employees. Relaxing staff lounge with honesty box for snacks and drinks, free tea/coffee.
Pros
Fun, hardworking, creative environment.
Cons
Short notice rota, especially at Christmas/New Year.
It is monotonous but not stressful at all. Management was very helpful and shifts were flexible. Proper training provided. I was always paid on time .
I would work twelve hours a week but the rotas would not be released until two days before my shift so juggling finding out the shifts and college was a bit of an issue. The managers are lovely and the workplace is calm and chilled but can be stressful particularly in the Christmas rush.
Cons
Hours not released until two days before the shift
Managers are extremely rude to everyone which resulted in HR having to get involved with the problems in store. They are all unorganised, don’t listen to availability at all and are forced to work hours you cannot do purely because they didn’t check before making the routa. Associates are made to stay after shifts and not being able to rearrange transport home even though people were waiting outside. Many associates were made to cry on the shop floor and many have said it very much effected their mental health
Really good job for any young person wanting to make good money. Good management, and everyone was quite friendly. Would definitely recommend, definitely enjoyed.
fun and productive work place, fast paced and has loads of opportunities to progress in the field. Lovely staff and management is great easy to approach and interact with. loved my time there.
Always cleaning up others mistakes (Including management) because no one respected any authority and everyone was constantly undermined no matter what
The job itself i really enjoyed however the management at lakeside store are horrible. They talk to you like your dirt. Your best isn't enough. Overtime is forced onto you. There is only a couple of days notice of your rota which is continually changed without you being asked. You fill out an availability form of what hours you can work between but this is always ignored then you are made to feel guilty when you can't do the hours they put. If you question anything regarding your hours you are just told NO. There's no flexibility at all. If you stand up for yourself you are bullied via the rota. Night shift is just given to you even when you state you can't work nights. Avoid at all costs.
Throughly enjoyed my time working at homesense. If you get the chance you can be sent away to other stores and do store opens where everything is paid for.
Homesense is a busy shop floor. The variety of goods rapidly changing over providing a stimulating environment. Great effort put into refreshing and displaying stock. Enthusiastic hard working friendly team. Great interaction with customers.
A good team very fast pacing especially around Christmas. Processing room very hard and physical work I did enjoy the work however had to leave due to personal circumstance and really regret my decision
Good balance of hrs , relaxed environment to work in . If wanted to progress, options are there . Always extra hrs going to cover sickness and holidays and seasonal Christmas
Bad they don’t have any respect for you They are rude and had sacked my other colleague due to her asking about her pay being not what it should be and this is wrong
There are several Homesense stores throughout the UK but where I work in Sheffield is brilliant. I'm not saying it can't be tiring but when the store is busy its better because your shift goes really fast so you actually prefer it being busy! The managers are very 'can do' and there isn't really any negativity in the work place unless were having a joke about a crazy customer or something which isnt really negative lol. You do work hard for your money but because I genuinely enjoy my job I don't mind. Managers are flexible and will try and accommodate you where possible with holidays and time off, they really support their staff and take care of us. Just to clarify I'm working in a combi store with TK Maxx and Homesense but I work on the Homesense and I'm glad I work in the Homesense bit as it's generally more relaxed.
Great place to work staff are friendly and are always happy to help. But like with most jobs there is always that 1 jobsworth that thinks he's the boss
Cons
5 hour shifts 4 times a week.
Productive environment with each day being different.
Nice place to work, good team of people. Working hours ain’t great but that’s just my opinion. If you want progression work and hard and be mates with management.
Pros
Good pay, environment, friendly company
Cons
Shift patterns, progression
  1. Employee reviews