HomeServe Furniture Repairs Ltd

Working at HomeServe Furniture Repairs Ltd: 7 HomeServe Furniture Repairs Ltd Reviews

United Kingdom7 reviews

Shambles

Poor management, no benefits only the managers received those. Pay isn’t the best if your I’ll you loose your attendance bonus as well as days pay. Overall poor company the list is endless. Only benefit is you get pizza every now and again🤷🏽‍♀️

I still don’t understand what my role was

I spent a week working here before I quit. I enjoyed the casual dress and the casual work environment. I just don’t understand what my role was. I was a claims administrator and listened into calls, managers and staff would mute the customer to swear/make fun before taking theirselves off mute and referring to the terms and conditions. I hadn’t seen these T&C’s and was so worried for taking a call. Lunch was 30 minutes within a 9 hour day. Managers were unprofessional. And the wage was dependant on ago and there was a lot of under 25’s working there, clearly so they wouldn’t have to pay out much.

Pros

Casual dress

Cons

Unprofessional

Insights into HomeServe Furniture Repairs Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energising work tasks

Not inclusive

Very fast paced and can be stressful. They say they are like a family and friendly, and relaxed with each other and to a certain extent this is true but they do discriminate against certain groups such as single moms because of flexibility and thinking they don’t have as much job commitment. Minimum wage with no commission but instead they pay a bonus each month for not having any days off which shows it’s more like bribing people to turn up to work when they are genuinely ill or have children who are sick or need to have time off work (eg with recent school class bubbles having to isolate with positive cases) Good job for younger ones who have just left college but no real career progression available.

Pros

Casual workwear

Cons

Minimum wage for a stressful job

I love my job here

I absolutely love working here - not something I have been able to say about working for a company for a long time.The working environment is relaxed but very busy. It's hard work at times but time flies and you never find yourself clock watching.Everyone is very friendly, it's a typical Black Country company. Dress code is relaxed also which is nice.The management team are so enthusiastic about the company that it really rubs off on you.A very forward thinking and job-secure company who do appreciate their staff and have worked so hard to keep everyone in employment during the Coronavirus situation.I am so glad I left my old job (which now seems like a distant nightmare) to come and work here.

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, great management team, training, job security.

Cons

None.

Poor wages for long hours

No life outside of work as you never know what time you will be finishing. Expected to do a minimum of 8-9 calls a day as well as travelling between calls which are expected to be repaired first time when 70% of the time this is unrealistic. As well as being expected to reply to pointless emails all day, working when you get home from work as the run for the next day needs to be done. Expected to make sure parts are collected as they are delivered to your home when you are at work, which you are expected to store yourself at home ie cushion interiors and recliner mechanisms. And expected to repair mobility scooters with only a day's training, upholsterers expected to become cabinet repairers with a day's training training and cabinet experts expected to be able to carry out upholstery repairs with a day's training. Makes a mockery of the skilled trades that take years to master.A joke of a company, Avoid.

Poor management

Management are very poor and you will have no life outside of work due to no travel times being added to your daily diary, so you are expected to travel on top of the minimum 8 calls per day

Too stressful

Too much is expected from their technicians, Long working hours are expected for less money that can be earned on a production line working less hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HomeServe Furniture Repairs Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare HomeServe Furniture Repairs Ltd with

• HomeServe Furniture Repairs Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?