Hotelcare

Hotelcare Employee Reviews

Happy place

Worked in the hotel industry for 18year to do at least 14 rooms a day lots of weekends to work monthly paid uniform provided clocking in beforeShift

Pros

Breaks

Cons

Need more staff

7 September 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.We are delighted to hear you are enjoying your role here at Hotelcare. We aim to create an inclusive environment where our employees feel supported and valued in a driven but fun space!Valuing colleagues is paramount for Hotelcare to succeed and this is something we will do, as our goal is for you to consider Hotelcare a great place to work.We strive to provide opportunities for our teams to embrace different forms of growth, broadening their skills and knowledge at Hotelcare. If you are interested in any of progression opportunities please visit our careers page https://careers.hotelcare.co.uk/

Nice place to work

Good company to work for. Worked with them 6 years .Good work-life balance and quite flexible with your needs. Management is great really supportive.

Hotel care just use people and use them like numbers

Don’t pay holidays, don’t pay salaries fairly.Don’t care about their employees, just use them .Didn’t pay furlough for anyone,only for the office staff, which are the ones who doesn’t do the hard work!They want you to clean 20-22 rooms for 8 hrs.Don’t work for them !

Pros

Cons

Lots of rooms to clean in few hrs

6 October 2021
Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear that you may have some pay discrepancies during your employment with Hotelcare. Please send an email to Hchr@hotelcare.co.uk with full details of your concern including your name and employee number and a member of the team will respond.

Just don’t bother

I worked here for 4 months and during that time, I made a firm decision on the company. At the interview I was told I would be offered a part time supervisor role alongside my houskeeper role. On my first day, I had no training whatsoever on how the site works, how rooms should look like etc and I never had any of the supervisor training that they promised me; leaving me always being told off for something I didn’t know. The lack of staff showed, especially when one cleaner had to leave earlier, leaving me with more workload than I could hold. The hours are ok. There was multiple weeks where I would only be working between 1-3 hours a day which isn’t great to live by. There was only one proper cleaning cupboard which meant you had to always carry your work bucket and all other equipment up and down the stairs which is completely tiring. When I gave in my notice and on my last working day, my employer still asked me to come into work the following day because they “forgot” I was leaving. I found that quite unprofessional and quite rude. Pay is good but you are never guaranteed proper hours and the work is just too much for some to handle, especially if you’re working alone.

Pros

Good pay, family life balance

Cons

Very short hours, bad management, stressful, can lead to back pain

6 October 2021
Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear that you feel that way during your employment with Hotelcare. We take feedback seriously and do have an internal complaint procedure. In order to investigate this matter, we will need further information. Please send an email to Hchr@hotelcare.co.uk with full details of your concern including your name and employee number and a member of the team will respond.

Nice company to work for

Good pay! Very friendly approach! I started with them on March 2021 and managed to get pay rise after 2 months of work! Very understanding and supportive management!

Pros

Pay

It is a disaster

Unfriendly, Non professional,unorganized people and place.Way too much stress and people who don't want to even listen or work.I had an assistant who has no idea of management no experiences messing up everything all the time General Manager is Way too rude and crazy person.

6 October 2021

Do not work for these people horrible

Do not work for these people horrible you don't get lunch have to eat off your trolley trolley is held together by tape causing injuries management except you to breach health and safety issues constantly keep away

Pros

Cons

No lunch break and it gets taken off you any way

6 October 2021
Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear that you feel that you were unfairly treated during your employment with Hotelcare. We take feedback seriously and do have an internal complaint procedure. In order to investigate this matter, we will need further information. Please send an email to Hchr@hotelcare.co.uk with full details of your concern including your name and employee number and a member of the team will respond.

Would not recommend at all!

First day I was given extremely poor training. I wasn't told clearly what I would be doing and what to do in certain situations. We ended up rushing just so the person training could clock out for 4 hours on their rota and not be pushed to do 8.Second day I was made to do rooms where I found out the staff are horribly under equipped be it for cleaning supplies, cloths and linen (which had to be used to clean the bathrooms on top). Rooms had to be cleaned in 26 minutes which meant the rooms weren't actually cleaned but made presentable to avoid complaints.Third day I was made to work all over the place instead of focusing on linen porter work. Management couldn't even get delivery times right for linen and then had the gall to say I wasn't doing linen despite bringing a full trolley through my entire shift and emptying it and would have gotten this all done if it weren't for being made to waste hours for other tasks they couldn't even be concrete where going to happen.The elevators are usually faulty meaning more time is wasted getting the elevator to work just so you can get to another floor for collect linen. Your rota for the week is inaccurate expect to be made to do 8 hours a day despite written for 4 hours on a zero hour contract that says nowhere that you can't turn those hours down.I feel bad for coworkers still there but there are some genuinely good people just getting by but also plan to leave.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

Poor management, unrealistic expectations of work, dubious contract, under equipped staff

24 August 2021
Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear that you feel that during your employment with Hotelcare. We take feedback seriously and do have an internal complaint procedure. In order to investigate this matter, we will need further information. Please contact us via the contact details displayed on our website so we can assist you further. About the times, as with all Operational roles, there is a target to be met. This is based on the contract we make with clients, a long history we have working in sites and time and motion studies carried out by experts. For specifics about your site, please contact us using details that can be found on our website.

would not recommend working here!

I am a 16-year-old school lever! I have just quit my job here due to how bad the staff treated me, The second day I worked I went home crying my eyes out because of how rude the staff was, telling me I wasn’t good at my job & that i should just leave.they also clean the toilets with pillowcases fresh off of the bed! they don’t clean their pots in the rooms with soap they just quickly rinse it. I also told them I suffered with bad mental health & they still continued to treat me like i was nothing. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.

Pros

none.

Cons

Long hours for not enough money! Bad staff & very dirty

24 August 2021
Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear that you feel that you were unfairly treated during your employment with Hotelcare. We take feedback seriously and do have an internal complaint procedure. In order to investigate this matter, we will need further information. Please contact us via the contact details displayed on our website so we can assist you further.

Worst place I have ever worked

Ibis Portsmouth-was so excited to start my new job after being out of work for so long. The manager made it sound like it was all going to be good. After being there a couple of weeks I noticed things weren't actually as great as she made out. These rooms are expected to be cleaned to a high standard with beds changed in approx 15/20 mins, it's ridiculous. Especially if the rooms are dirty (not all guests are as clean as others). Managers and supervisors are very rude, talking to each other in a language you can't understand leaving you feeling very awkward. In a nut shell not a very nice place to work unfortunately.

Pros

Cons

Worked like a donkey for minimum wage!

24 August 2021
Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear that you feel that during your employment with Hotelcare. We take feedback seriously and do have an internal complaint procedure. In order to investigate this matter, we will need further information. Please contact us via the contact details displayed on our website so we can assist you further.About the time frame to clean rooms, as with all Operational roles, there is a target to be met. This is based on the contract we make with clients, a long history we have working in sites and time and motion studies carried out by experts. For specifics about your site, please contact us using details that can be found on our website.

Hotelcare nonexistent

I was really looking forward to working here everything seemed good but the training for the rooms was awful wasn’t shown or explained what to do just a point at the finger or a grunt, not given enough time to take it all in and getting constantly picked on for the tiniest thing wasn’t shown were things are properly, felt out of place not professional at all, seemed to be a problem when you have commitments at home

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Long hours, communication, not flexible

18 June 2021
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and we take feedback seriously. Sorry to hear that you feel that way during your employment with Hotelcare. In order to investigate this matter, we will need further information. Please send an email to Hchr@hotelcare.co.uk with full details of your concern including your name and employee number and a member of the team will respond.

Productive and workplaces

Hotelcare is an ok agency and the hotel and its employees are very good.If the pandemic didn't come, we wouldn't leave the hotel because it was a good job

Pros

Free lunches

15 April 2021

I like what I do

I like it at work,nice people, hotel very good nice I settled in immediately, I'm not pressured at work because I'm doing my duty,wonderful people only that for the work done it is a bit low salary

Pros

free lunches

Cons

salary is low

5 March 2021
Thank you for your review. Due to COVID – 19, our response times are slightly slower than usual. We are delighted to hear you are enjoying your role here at Hotelcare. We aim to create an inclusive environment where our employees feel supported and valued in a driven but fun space!Valuing colleagues is paramount for Hotelcare to succeed and this is something we will do, as our goal is for you to consider Hotelcare a great place to work.We strive to provide opportunities for our teams to embrace different forms of growth, broadening their skills and knowledge at Hotelcare. If you are interested in any of progression opportunities please visit our careers page https://careers.hotelcare.co.uk/

Fun place to work

A great team to work, great management and friendly people on the hotel.Company don't care about employers send us home during this difficult times and say don't have money to pay their part of forlough, incredible for a company that says it is the bigger in UK. To a company be big need to have respect for the employers and not consider us just as numbers, if you don't have money to pay 20 p cent of forlough it's better you close the company, it's a shame.

Pros

Good working team

Cons

Don't care about employers

19 November 2020
Thank you for your review. Due to COVID – 19, our response times are slightly slower than usual. Sorry to hear that you may have some pay discrepancies during your employment with Hotelcare. Please send an email to Hchr@hotelcare.co.uk with full details of your concern including your name and employee number and a member of the team will respond.

They don't care about their staff

The true is, once you get a job, you get a job. But they will not take care about you ever. The whole company is just about numbers and cuts. As they basically only provide staff for other places, they do not really know their employees. Unfortunately I would not recommend them. Only if for a stable (but miserable) job.

29 October 2020
Thank you for your review. Due to COVID – 19, our response times are slightly slower than usual. We appreciate your feedback and We take feedback seriously. As with all Operational roles, there is a target to be met. This is based on the contract we make with clients, a long history we have working in sites and time and motion studies carried out by experts. For specifics about your site, please contact us using details that can be found on our website.

Competitive and self driven

One Should be well competitive and self driven while working,at the same time one should show cooperation in the field of work.Again a worker should be focused at all time and disciplined

Pros

Free launches

29 October 2020
Thank you for your review. Due to COVID – 19, our response times are slightly slower than usual. We appreciate your feedback and we take feedback seriously. Sorry to hear that you feel that way during your employment with Hotelcare. In order to investigate this matter, we will need further information. Please send an email to Hchr@hotelcare.co.uk with full details of your concern including your name and employee number and a member of the team will respond.

Janet halliday

My review of hotelcare they don't go through the correct procedures when they are going sack you and there staff don't know how react professional and there managers and supervisors are a complete joke

13 November 2020

Very long hours with no help. Management would want to be "in the green" with numbers and hours so sometimes we never got a proper wage.

I worked for a hotel in glasgow from August 2014 when Hotel Care took over the Housekeeping Department in june 2016.We were promised good working conditions, more money and a better way of working. To be honest , there was nothing wrong with the way housekeeping was run before they took over. Within a couple of weeks employees were leaving due to the lies of the Hotel Care management. They were also non approachable. Employees including myself never got help and were left on our own in the department.

Nice place for work

Company is under redundancy process- owners are change so often, so you can not expecting stability! It all about profit. However it is still nice to work with them they will treat you fairly.

Pros

they pay your expencess

Cons

sometimes you are overload

29 October 2020
Thank you for your review. Due to COVID – 19, our response times are slightly slower than usual. We appreciate your feedback and we take feedback seriously. We aim to create an inclusive environment where our employees feel supported and valued in a driven but fun space!Valuing colleagues is paramount for Hotelcare to succeed and this is something we will do, as our goal is for you to consider Hotelcare a great place to work.We strive to provide opportunities for our teams to embrace different forms of growth, broadening their skills and knowledge at Hotelcare.

fun workplace and a very close

it was always fun coming in to work. we were able to get work done as well relax and talk. during any cultural events we were able to make food and bring in, so it was very inclusive. everyone was very nice and comfortable to be around.

Room attendant

To much work, very hard. :( 25 rooms /day 👎 8:00 am till you're finished 9ph 2 pH Free meal Good pay, but....slave working. Maybe not for everyone. Good team and friendly . 👍🏻

29 October 2020
Thank you for your review. Due to COVID – 19, our response times are slightly slower than usual.All workload allocation at Hotelcare is based on Time and Attendance studies which are carried out in each brand and agreed with the client. This is constantly monitored to ensure that we can deliver the required standard of cleaning in a reasonable time.As a Room Attendant you are eligible to achieve a monthly incentive payment which rewards quality output and we are working very hard to support the teams so that 100% of employees achieve this.We aim to create an inclusive environment where our employees feel supported and valued in a driven but fun space!Valuing colleagues is paramount for Hotelcare to succeed and this is something we will do, as our goal is for you to consider Hotelcare a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hotelcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement