House of Fraser

House of Fraser Employee Reviews

Shifts are 10 hours and you’re paid minimum wage - everyone I worked with was lovely and it was a nice working environment, but the long hours ruined it. Would be working 40-50 hour weeks and my work/life balance was bad. The store was also incredibly quiet, so often than not you would just be stood around.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
i work in house of frazer for a company inside ,i worked as a consenting ,but one company i worked with called the tea tarrance in house of frazer was one of the bad companies i encountered,and i will never recommend it to anyone to work there,house of frazer self it’s a good company to work with,
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short hours, your sent home when it’s not busy, no pay
I enjoyed my experience working at house of Fraser the staff where so excepting however I thought the pay was unfair and not very good for the stress and work you have to do
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay
The shop is always busy and my colleagues are all nice and amazing people however the management is really bad and your not allowed to talk. I dislike working there because of how rude the managers are.
Pros
Nice colleagues
Cons
Bad management and short breaks
I loved my time at HoF. I was there for the 2nd threat of closure as a Counter Manager and the management were fantastic in their support. I did lose my job and the Store Manager and Beauty Hall Manager went above and beyond to keep me in store. I became a Multi Skilled Service Specialist with the full support of the whole store! They were also thrilled for me when I secured another position in store as a Clinique Manager.The support, respect and friendship I received from both management and staff during my time (2yrs) at HoF was overwhelming. I have made some lifelong friends!!
Pros
Staff discounts. Supportive management team and staff members across the store.
Cons
Can be quiet at times.
Not one day is the same working at House Of Fraser I found it a fun place to work where colleagues are very helpful and friendly. Managers were very approachable with a firm but fair attitude. Work place culture was very much focused on customer service hardest part was learning all the brands and the products easiest part of the job was team work.
I used to love working at House of Fraser before Sports Direct took over. I fully understand that the company went into administration for a reason, and changes had to be made in order to stay open, however they stripped all benefits, lowered pay and staffing and increased hours, whilst doing nothing to address concerns of staff regarding their job security. We were forced to give terrible service due to process changes. I was unfortunate enough to also have a new store manager start following this, who created a toxic environment in store, and only released schedules for the following 2 weeks. She also changed this regularly and if we brought up any prior commitments following a change, she would accuse you of not being committed to your job. I have never had such a terrible work life balance and been so unhappy in a job.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
Toxic environment, low pay, not health and safety compliant, terrible work/life balance
I really enjoy working at house of Fraser in Aylesbury.Management is leaving you to get on with the tasks in hand which is very nice.So basically to just get on with it.I love it as also like I said earlier that the rules regarding the uniform has been relaxed so basically you can wear what you want within reason. I also love it as I find it quite relaxed working,and my colleagues are lovely.
Pros
There used to be a sort of business dress code but not anymore, as they have relaxed the rules on uniform.
Cons
Short trading hours.
Loved working at house of fraser.great management and staff. Always busy doing something. Get to know about all the different makes and products in store promote store cards and loyalty cards
Pros
Enjoyable place to work
Cons
Non
Great work place with a wonderful team. Fun but challenging atmosphere. Unfortunately the store is no longer there but House of Fraser as a company are great to work for
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at House of Fraser?
I started as a Management Trainee at HoF in 1977 ... I progressed through the Company in Various different Roles at Various Locations. It was a Great Place to Work. There were a lot of Loyal Staff who were V Happy in all the Locations who had Worked for there for Many Decades. My Last Role 2016 - 2018 was 40+ Years . There Were A Lit of Staff in ALL The Locations that had Worked for zhin Different Roles within House of Fraser.
Pros
Clear Guidelines, Good Structure and Sensible Communication.
Cons
I can't honestly think of any ...
A typical day would consist of sorting out the clothes in your section and fixing the delivery and then being in the tills or being asked questions about certain products. I learned more about how retail works and customer service , the management were good , easy to talk to and the workplace were good the people were nice and did their job the hardest part of the job was when the customers became irate and not listening and the most enjoyable part was working at the till and talking to customers
Pros
Staff room to eat
Cons
Stressful
Working at House of Fraser as a Fragrance Sales Adviser, you work with very expensive products. The security in that department were very unprofessional and did not live up to expectations as you would think. We had multiple drops in our sales and at the end of the day for stock take & a small meeting with our manager, the blame would be on us for not "looking out" on the shop floor. Management was defective. Your manager will not be the type of person that you can come to about personal matters. They make it direct in your interview and training that your manager will be the person you could come to about anything.
I would recommend to work in HOF you will gain experience in Customer services and many other duties on shop floor and at the back of the house. over all I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Staff disc.flex .hours
really chill work environment and very productive to keep the workers occupied but not too occupied so it was really balanced overall and working with the other employees with good attitude and enthusiasm really kept the flow
Pros
not so long hours
Unprofessional management , no ethics ,no morals , no rules - like abandoned circus ,understaffed , homophobic nasty security (some of them ) and some permanent staff . No respect and help for people with disabilities like cancer ... After being bullied there I have ended up with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder , miscarriage and loosing front tooth ... Hard to believe in truth ?
The store being so large there's a 1001 cliques of people. Managers are really lovely minus 1 or 2, super helpful if you're ever stuck. General vibe of work is a doss, can chat all day if you wanted (which I did). Security is crazy high which isn't a bad thing at all but weird knowing you're being watched 24/7. Customers will 110% treat you like a skivvy, just becuase the clothes are a little more expensive. HR is very good. VERY long days for full time staff, have to continuously make things to do cause you definitely be standing around a lot. Shoutout to Jake who was exceptional. Retail is same old at the end of the day.
Very slow paced, poor culture and poor processes. 0 advancement opportunities and no yearly performance - based pay rises, like other companies offer.
Under-appreciated and underpaid. You are expected to do a lot of work and don't get much back in return. There is a culture of coming into work despite illness or personal difficulty and sick pay is rarely given (without a doctors note). Pay is docked for being seconds/minutes late. Overtime is often unpaid.
I left HOF soon after the buy out with Sports Direct so i can only say that it was a fabulous company to work for at that time - i dont know how it has changed since then
store checks and delivery customer service very slow-paced yet the mangers do not want staff to talk the most enjoyable part is the staff can be friendly the hardest is one stands all day and is not allowed breaks often
  1. Employee reviews