Housekeep

Housekeep Employee Reviews

United Kingdom270 reviews

Insights into Housekeep

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Nice work place

it is a cleaning company that covers a wide area in the country. plenty of jobs to do. you work when you can so flexible. the company is good. it looks after its staff well

Pros

flexible

Cons

some jobs can be very hard

Slow paced

There are hidden fees but work times are nice and flexible . The customers are often nice and friendly. But if you finish a job to early even if you have done good work they deduct it form the original pay.

Pros

Flexible time

Cons

Hidden fees

Very good as a starter

Days at work can be positive if you are focused to do the job to the best of your ability, and as the customer explained, and within 'Health & Safety' as well as the time limit. I learned that some customers are not appreciative, miserable, and lacking a caring nature. However, the joy of having a 'house clean' should give them a brighter day to 'unwind' and breathe freely. Nevertheless the Managers at Housekeeping are supportive to both customers and employees, with the tool of balancing both to make fair decisions. Hence the hardest part of the job is a customer who have booked less time for more work to be completed, as well as those who needs to book deep cleaning instead, and those who booked to provide cleaning products and items and fall short on delivering such promise, but still expects the Housekeeper to work magic. The support from Housekeeping Managers is excellent, meeting lovely and blessed clients, as well as the feeling that I am helping someone with their housekeeping. Whilst working and praying for the positive energy to dominate our environment, even when there is a difficult client; hence, releasing positive energy in the atmosphere.

Pros

Very supportive Managers and on time payment.

Cons

Advise customers that heavy things cannot be lifted or moved by housekeepers for areas to be cleaned, free from hazards and Health & Safety risks, advise that they book reasonable time for extra cleaning, especially those with pets, as most cleaning cannot be done properly under 3 hours, Managers should look at the tasks to be done, measure the correct time frame for a complete job, or some unreasonable customers will think that we are "superman and superwoman"

Unfairly sacked

housekeep charge a cancellation fee for cleaners and customers if you cancel 24 hours before. this is all fine, however if I am paying to cancel, that is punishment enough. housekeep can add jobs to your schedule before 6pm every day, so you can have two jobs lined up one day and then during the evening you come to see that another job has been added and you can't do it, so they force you to cancel and pay a fee and then you get sacked if you cancel too many times (which only needs to be a handful in a couple weeks) this company isn't fair at all, avoid

Nice managers

I worked for a few months for Housekeep, the screening stage was quick . I think the app is very good and easy to use. The clients are friendly and I enjoy choosing my own hours .

Pros

Easy app, flexible hours

Cons

Hard physical work

Productive and fun workplace

I love working with them they understand the staff working with them and customer are great they let u understand want to do and meet the job Easier

Productive and fair

The hardest part of the job is when the customer asks to do the job in a few hours when in reality you need extra extra time to do a proper cleaning this leaves me worried because I really like to do a good job

I enjoy working for housekeep.

I enjoy working for housekeep because you choose your own hours that work around your other commitments. The App is really good and staff are always there to help whenever you’ve got questions or if there’s a problem.

Pros

You choose your own hours, good pay.

Cons

It can take a few weeks for your schedule to start filling up with customers.

Flexible hours

I am happy because I can choose when to work and where.I have almost the same customers every week.I like working with Housekeep.Everytime I needed I received support.Some customers are very nice and friendly

Productive and rewarding.

Giving a good service to your customers provides excellent returns such as good reviews and ratings. It is worth the hard work and satisfying. Happy.

Would NOT recommend

The worst company ever. Management do not respect employees. You will be never appreciated. Customers lie about cleaner, which you will not be able to explain because they won’t listen do you . They just do not care.

Company at a professional level

I've been working at Houskeep for a few months, but I really like their approach to employees. Communication through the Houskeep application is also great. Cleaning is not an easy job and the good name of the company also depends on the well-done work of the cleaner.If you want to organize your working time yourself,cleaning is not a problem and you have sense of responsibility,so Houskeep is a pretty good decision. I appreciate the good communication, willingness to help and I also like the Houskeep app.

No work available

Advertising for work in Eastbourne but no work is available. Interview process takes 2 hours, but no work is guaranteed. I think it's more London based. You also can only have a maximum of 3 postcodes.

Good place to work.

Been with them just under 60 days and so far it's been a very nice and easy experience. Good customers. Easy to use app that has everything you need. Wages are a plus.

Pros

Great app and support

Cons

Late cancellation can be a little harsh.

Flexible and helpful

Finding it very easy to work with this company. Questions and requests are answered promptly. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for part-time flexible work.

Easygoing

From applying to being interviewed and getting the job it’s been stress free and very easygoing, Housekeep has an app that is easy to understand, help available if needed. All customers so far have been lovely.

I enjoyed working with Housekeep

I started working with Housekeep 2 months ago and so far so good . I am enjoying do what I am doing. Housekeep staff is always there to help when needed ☺️

Highly recommended for flexible work

I was a bit skeptical when I first joined housekeep, but turns out I had nothing to worry about. I love getting work to clean peoples houses through housekeep. You get sent work close to you, most of my clients are literally a 5 minute drive away from me. Its flexible and allows me to work when I want. The pay is good but they do take administration fee from you on all jobs you do but I dont mind its a small price to pay. I have a few steady clients already whom I enjoy working for and if you do a good job customers will tip you which is always nice.I highly recommend housekeep for anyone looking for flexible work.

Not worth it

Cleaning houses is not easy. The pay was and probably still is low. You have to work really hard and some customers have really dirty places, broken hoovers, not enough cleaning products or clean cloths. Yet they expect to find sparkling clean houses. A few were nice and appreciated the work by giving tips, but most don't tip. You pay a fee for using the platform as if they don't take enough money from your wage already. They also have late cancellation fees as if you are not self employed. Except for the help they give you when you have a problem with a job, everything is made to their advantage and gain. You also pay for your own travel.

Productive and enjoy meeting people.

I am very happy with the services provided by Housekeep for example, flexibility, being able to choose the days and hours I am available for work. Their policy on cancellation is made very cear and understandable and works well for me.

Review is 50/60 as I started this job

I’m happy with company 50/50 but that is ok because I’m new. Some customers first put reviews and not any tips for some works which I think it’s not very nice. And plus I prefer higher salary as some flat/houses are conditions or bad, sorry but that what is it. Some of customers are so friendly and offers some drink which That I think is great! Because Housekeeping/Cleaner ladies doing Great job All The Time.

Pros

No process

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Housekeep. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Housekeep with

• Housekeep
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?