Howletts & Port Lympne Estates Ltd

Howletts & Port Lympne Estates Ltd Employee Reviews

Tough place to work with nice company

Very Long hours, with little to no breaks and you will be lucky if you get food during your shifts. Late finishes with the possibilities being from 11 to 3 in the morning to finish. Great people there but no work-life balance

Cons

long Shifts, Awkward shift timings and late finishes

Fun, stressful, busy, enjoyable,relaxing, one of life time experiences

Great working team lots of people to see from all walks of life. I enjoyed my time there until the management changed witch made me leave the job. Wouldn't have left if they kept the same managment.

Pros

Free animal visits and tours

Cons

Can be very busy and will amtpe to make you work through breaks

Insights into Howletts & Port Lympne Estates Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Beautiful setting, but chaotic

I love working at Port Lympne but there is a lot of clickiness between staff and management. Management are quite harsh and rude at times but overall the girls are lovely and the time flies. Good to keep yourself to yourself and just get on with your tasks and enjoy the surroundings.

Pros

Good hours, lovely setting, good perks

Cons

understaffed, under paid

Fine for a part time job, avoid if you’re looking for a full time position

Worked here for nearly 2 years, left the company after overall feeling completely undervalued by management. Long hours for minimum wage, no matter how much you put in and go the extra mile it’s not appreciated, or recognised via raise/promotion. Management was disorganised, clearly favouritised by who got along with managing directors more rather than skills and competence. I enjoyed the relationship with other colleagues, we had fun and got the job done. Made the work more bearable.

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Long hours, minimum wage, poor management, lack of appreciation for hard work

Appalling management close ranks. Hated working there hometime is the best and are inadequate to be left in charge!

Management ie (estates management) worst I have known clicky self righteous,treatment is appalling you are definitely not valued at all . BEWARE!!! Do not work there if you can help it. Worst place I have ever worked literally.

Pros

Hometime

Cons

Wages and hours

Not professional

A typical day consisted of coming in and pretty much being left to your own devices serving hotel guests and park visitors. Little to no staff training. The coworkers and customers were the best part of the role, but staff turn over was extremely high. Management was unprofessional, disappear for long amounts of time (unexplained), and asked you to work back to back shifts without any consideration of home life balance. Would not recommend

Pros

Some of the coworkers

Cons

Long hours, low wages, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Howletts & Port Lympne Estates Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement