HRM Homecare

United Kingdom64 reviews

Insights into HRM Homecare

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

I love the job just not the company

It’s the most rewarding job and I love it.... But the company has a lot to improve on. From poor communication to the way they liase with staff is poor.

Avoid this company

Poorly paid compared to other establishments. Tasks to be carried out in 30 minutes for each client is shocking, most of the clients require actual care homes, no person centred care involved, extra clients added on constantly. High turnover of staff. This company can't sustain the service as they don't have enough support workers to cover. Constantly phoned on your days off.

Pros

Meeting clients Other than that absolutely nothing

Cons

C.... P pay, Can't enjoy your time off without, being phoned up. Clients and their families fed up with different staff all the time.

Left to your own devices

No prober induction.Expected to find your way around computer systems with no help from senior management. I had to work it all myself. Someone with basic IT skills is definitely not suitable for the position due to poor leadership.Seniors will ORDER you to do something without explaining who to do it.I can handle pressure well, but when you have no back up behind you then its a shot in the dark.Care coordinators are very very often out on shift, this causes you to fall behind on your own work.Overall this company is poorly managed and new staff have very little guidance.

Comfortable and happy working here

This was my first job in care and despite being flung in at the deep end after only 2 shadow shifts I found my feet quickly and now absolutely love my job, there are challenges at times but it only makes you stronger, never had issues with management or office staff although I feel sometimes the other carers don’t have your back . Under paid, find it hard getting shifts that fit round my young kids but other than that a great place to work.

Pros

Easy app to follow, rewarding, plenty overtime

Cons

Low pay, extra clients added last minute.

productive place

Its amazing company to work for! People are very supportive and helpful. I would recommend HRM to everybody. Training is great, support is fantastic and very warm atmosphere

An established and well organised company.

My experience of working for HRM Homecare has been a positve one. I generally have a regular agreed shift pattern with the same group of service users, with the occasional change to cover holidays etc. Additional shifts are available if I choose to do them. The company is well established and organised with clear communications, easy to use systems and supportive staff.

Good Place to Work!!

Working in home care is always challenging but the difference with HRM is the support you get from management, there is nothing the management team would ask anyone to do that they wouldn't do themselves. I have worked in other company's in the same role and i can honestly say i have had more support in my first few months of my role than i had in my previous company and that is what makes the difference to staff - when they feel supported even if they make a mistake it is not a blame culture its a learning curve and its what can we do differently next time. They encourage training and taking as many courses as you can, they absolutely value and develop the staff.

Pros

Good team work

Cons

the best home care company i have worked for in a long time......

Since I started with HRM the Management and Staff have been nothing but accommodating to me.I was given time to ease into my new job role at a steady pace and always had support from the team and my manager.

Pros

salaried, local to my home, new challenges

Su lovely, company terrible.

Be prepared for your mental health to be affected by working for this company. Hard work, long hours , low pay, constantly harassed and bullied to work and constantly cover shifts, constantly left in the lurch. Carers do not work as a team , Not a good experience working for this company.

Pros

Cons

Low pay, long hours, constantly harassed

Poor

Poor, overwhelmed, overworked, unreasonable expectations from management. Shifts changed at last minute without consulting staff. Unrealistic timeframes.

Work here if you want treated like sh!!t

The office staff are c*ws I worked here for 3 years as it suited me when I was at college, I was on the bank and even at that the girls in the office treated me with no respect, gave me a lot of stress and on numerous occasions even wrote about me their own employee ON THEIR PERSONAL FACEBOOK!!! don’t work here, low income, bullied, harassed!

Pros

The service users

Cons

Office, Staff, Managment

Joke of a company

If you apply for this job then your life is over does not care about anynody but themself and only care about money coming in for them and add on before your shifts starts shocks the company still running and not been shut down JOKE OF A COMPANY A BEG U PLEASE DON'T APPLY FOR THIS COMANY THEY LET THE DAFTYS AWAY WITH MURDER AND THE WORK AT THE BOTTOM. BOTTOM OF THE LIST

Pros

Cons

Dont care

Worst company to work for

The only good thing about working there is the people you work with. The management are terrible and don’t care about the employees. Staff start and leave a few days or weeks later.

Pros

Cons

Loads

Not the best company to work for

I have worked in care for years and this company was by far the worst one I ever worked for the attitude of management was unbelievable they were very rude and very disrespectful also there lack of care for there service users wasnt great over all I would never work for this company again or recomend them to anyone

Amazing place to work!

Great

I have learned a lot from working with HRM. Great management. Plenty potential for you to grow your skills and make you way up the ladder. Home work life balance is okay

Fast paced and challenging work environment

Due to the nature of the industry, its a fast paced and a challenging work environment however its fulfilling being able to help others. Staff are always encouraged and supported to take courses. It's far from a perfect work place however the management is always trying to improve the way the company operates.

Hrm carer

I love my job friendly carer some of the office staff are hard work sometimes cheeky but i just get on with my job and dont give them the chance to be cheeky love all my su that what makes the job worth it

Terrible company to work for

Absolutely awful experience working for hrm they do not give you a break even on your days off you are pestered with phone calls the office staff use bullying tactics to get you out on shift even if you are unwell. And when you or your children are unwell they make you feel terrible for not being able to come to work. Worst company I have ever worked for

fun place to work

I loved working there but the hours are long. I learned hwo to use a hoist and got better with relationships for my normal day to day jobs now. the managed where brilliant.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Very bad management and competitive care workers

Bad management Can’t handle service users confidential information correctly (switching illnesses and contact information with other service users) Not filling in paper work for care staff accordingly (filling in holiday forms on behalf of care workers when not requested and putting people on shift without permission on their days off) Constantly hounding you to do extra shifts Not taking complaints you make and concerns you raise seriously Discuss your private business in front of other staff that you don’t want knowing Con

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HRM Homecare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9