Human Appeal

Human Appeal Employee Reviews

The Human Appeal charity is still a great charity to donate your part to the homeless. However if they were more organised then it would be beneficial for more contributors to get involved in.
I worked here last year and there is genuinely such a toxic work environment here.They say they are for everyone but it's all middle eastern/ pakistani/bangladeshi/somali people that work here and the white people leave like 1 day into training because of homophobic 'jokes' The girls all talk about each other behind each others backs, but smile at your face and the boys literally just mess about. Management will only show their faces during Ramadan and even though you're working to make money for the beneficiaries, its TARGETS, TARGETS, TARGETS.
Pros
longer break on sundays, slightly more than minimum wage
Cons
toxic enviroment
This job helped me gain the experience needed and also met a few people who have great character, very helpful and very understanding. It also helped me gain my time management skills as shift times were being changed so I also stayed on top of that.
A very good experience volunteering as I enjoyed it immensely. Not only was it fun and enjoyable but the other volunteers and workers were also friendly, welcoming and helpful.
During my tenure with Human Appeal I was able to enjoy myself on a day to day basis due to the fact this helped boost my confidence. It was a friendly working environment and the management made sure that each individual felt welcomed.
I have been raising funds for Human Appeal as part of a collection. I enjoy volunteering at fundraising events, raising money for worldwide causes as I believe in human rights and justice. Being a part of the Human Appeal taught me many skills, for example, bringing in the audience, getting other individuals more involved, assisting with different undertakings and setting up stalls to draw attention. I found this opportunity to be particularly inspiring and aided my confidence engaging with others.
Pros
Helping others
overall planning an organising events in a team was enjoyable and easy, beneficial overall, attending meetings regularly were always enjoyable. can be challenging arranging events and ensuring everything goes to plan
Pros
fun and helps others
Cons
organising events can be challenging
Mostly voluntary work. It was fun and very inspiring to see how much teamwork could pay off. We sold basic cosmetics and swapped roles such as maintaining the role of a cashier, sales assistant, being the mascot and collecting money.
Most enjoyable part has to be learning and growing with people who have the same goals and work drivin ambition as you. Really enjoy working with Human Apeal.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
I had an enjoyable time working there. I met new people every shift and made good friends and had a lot of interaction with customers. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Tiring
As a volunteer I can only praise the people you are surrounded by. The senior members offer a lot of support and guidance which adds to the experience.
Very relaxing work, not very busy but in Ramadan its a very busy, hectic and crazy environment with lots of community spirit. The hardest part of the job is Ramadan as we have to do a lot of overtime for example workng 12 hour days maybe more for some people.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain skills as well as helping the poor, it is a excellent place to volunteer and help make a difference by taking time out to help the needed.
Pros
Free lunch
Although it has been quiet for awhile human appeal allows various opportunities and allows people to grow and be part of amazing causes and is amazing in terms of getting to know people
Pros
Free lunches, amazing people
Cons
I have had an amazing time at Human Appeal. I am very lucky to have worked in such a friendly environment and gain new skills as I have volunteered through the years I have been there. Thanks to Human Appeal I have learnt team leadership, different types of fundraising, event management, child care, customer service, as well as working under time restricted conditions which will benefit me as I grow. The hardest part of this role is to reach the venue where the event is held which sometimes is taken care of by the employees and the most enjoyable part is working as a team with the kind and friendly team.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No cons
The management was amazing, they were always very helpful and caring. The hardest part of seeing many people go through so much pain and not having the care and love that many get, however seeing them overcome this with our help of Charity work and foundrasing made me so happy and was the most enjoyable part of the job seeing their faces with all happiness. I learnt so much, as much it was a sad time seeing all the little kids suffering but it was something I've always wanted to do, help people through tough times but overall I loved it so much and I will carry on doing it because it's such a rewarding thing so do.
Pros
They would give out free gifts to people to premote what we were doing.
Cons
The hours were all different, when they needed me I'd go.
As Human Appeal is a charity it is not exactly a work type place but we have organised events and I’ve taken part in many and it has been good experience
Human appeal was an amazing job the work and job life balance was just right and the wage was also what I had hoped. The only problem was that this was a temporary job but it helped me gain experience in finance and to improve my office skills.
Pros
salary
Cons
hours
The freedom to organise whatever sort of event to raise money was very fun and useful because it improved my communication and negotiation skills which benefits me massively
I learnt how to work as part of a team . I also learnt how to communicate with people from different ethnic backgrounds. The management department was excellent because we all knew what we have to do and what we will be doing.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
I was very rewarding to raise money for a charity as a team. it was difficult initially but got easier with time. the organisation was very good and efficient
  1. Employee reviews