Huntapac Produce Ltd
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

Huntapac Produce Ltd Employee Reviews

Not a good place to workk

If you want a divorce it’s a brilliant job to have, office staff have a bad attitude towards drivers, don’t ever question anything they ask you to do, when picking up carrots 8 out of 10 times you’ll be over weight their attitude is you’ve got back so what’s the problem I could go on some people like them but their face fits if you know what I mean, you’ll get plenty of hours but you will also be parked up for long periods, but remember don’t question it.

Pros

Secure employment, clean trucks

Cons

Cab hoping, office staff, management, money

Oppressive

As a ex employee in senior management I can assure you as long as everything is going well and money is being made then life is rosey. The second a problem arrises even when it is beyond your control the blame culture appears and retribution is severe, people are treated as expendable comodaties. I left the company because I didn't like the way the company treated its staff and its real culture and agenda stinks

Cons

I left for personal reasons but Huntapac is a fantastic place to work good clean units and the work is easy. I'd recommend Huntapac to anybody who wants a good easy life I've worked at a few places and I'd put this company up there with the best of them.

Pros

New clean units office staff great to get along with

Cons

Cant think of any

Good place to work.

Like most places ya make it what it is. Tons of overtime goin, good clean cabs now we have cleaners for it, planners are alright too. Ya do get some weekends but its better pay so cant complain. Seen a lotta people saying long hours but if ya driving all over country, cant expect short hours can ya? I rekon its a decent place and if ya work hard theyll look after ya.

Pros

Cleaners for cabs. can do extra hours if ya want.

Cons

Be better if ya had ya own cab.

Good changes

Really impressed with the changes made to this company before I left. Used to have a few problems with truck handovers but they've got it together and hired a team of cleaners specifically for driver. Planners are fair. Left to start closer to home, otherwise would have stuck it out.

Pros

new tucks

Awful place to work

The transport department was ran on a wing and prayer, planners are rude and disrespectful to drivers and it’s created a big communication issue. Yes the hours were long and early starts but class 1 drivers are skilled drivers not idiots. Loads were also often overweight but the office don’t care and just push you to get back as fast as possible

Pros

Going home

Cons

Planners attitude, long hours

No company culture

Very bad place to work.company doesnt have any rules,very poor managment.no health and safety types.no apprecation for workers .sometimes very long working hours

Pros

Cons

Bad management

27 June 2021
You review is incorrect, Huntapac takes all health and safety seriously and has recently expanded the health and safety team. We also have health and safety champions and colleague voice committee which meets every six weeks to ensure we are dealing with issues raised across the business (farm, transport, office and pack house) In addition managers and supervisors undergo extensive h&s training from preventative measures to reactive for when an incident has occurred. From a colleague perspective we have extensive employee engagement activities, have recently completed first aid and FLT training for anybody who wanted it. We have employee of month, free food, free activities, raffles, rewards and competitions (such as FIFA and five a side). In a few weeks we have English language lessons starting for our colleagues. This is alongside an extensive apprenticeship training and development scheme.Hours during the two week peak May increase however always within legislative guidelines and this year we have only been working Monday- to Friday to allow greater work life balance for staff.

Good place to work you make it what it is

It is a good place to work. Hours can be long but you get paid for every hour you work. Payed parking paid night money one of the best jobs out there up to now. Good bunch of lads to work with but once again some office staff need more training. I do 4 on 4 off it pleases me not a hard job some loading unloading at times but part of the job. Only down fall is the yard if it’s raining it gets muddy other wise top job

Cons

Hours may be long at times but worth it

Dirty trucks

Cab hopping every week into dirty trucks. Pity management dont take a but more pride in making sure the interiors of trucks are looked after. The truth is that they couldnt card less about the welfare of drivers, hence they lose drivers every single week. Expect you to wade through a foot of slimy mud to couple up to bulker trailers because they wont pay for a decent yard surface. Could be a really good job if the values their drivers more. Most transport staff are ok but a bit clueless. One in particular has absolutely no people skills and is hated by drivers

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Dirty wagons and cab hopping

27 June 2021
We currently employ a team of 4 sanitisers for ensure the trucks are clean after every use. This is in addition to the driver clean down of the vehicle. These sanitisers work 24/7 to cover all handover abs deployment. As a response to feedback we have increased audits on the handover of vehicles and have very positive findings.Thanks

Came out of retirement

Due to the 24/7 operation of the company you will start anytime between midnight onwards. I went back driving after retiring in feb 2020 I work at the weekend 2 days work 1 night out. I must say that it is a good place to work the trucks are 3 years old so no problem with them. Management ok if you do what your told to do and RING in when tipped or wanting next job! Some drivers moan about huntapac but believe me there are a lot worse places to work! If a driver has any issues try talking to the management or speak to the driver trainer ( he will try his best to help any driver) Hardest part of job getting up at 01-00 hrs one of the best parts at that time of the day the road is all YOURS! Like any job you can make it easy or hard if you make it hard for yourself don’t blame everybody else.

Pros

Trucks are 3 years old so no issues with vosa etc! Paid weekly

Cons

Days can be long in winter but your paid for what you do

Not a good company to work for

Cab hopping early starts and got covid19 due to changing trucks all time never again . They will tell you anything to get drivers to start and clueless as regards planning the transport the traffic office is run by kids

Cons

Very early starts and bad planning

4 February 2021
Since Covid began in Feb 20, Huntapac have provided a team of cab santisers who work 24/7 ensuring all units are thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and fogged prior to being used again. This is in addition to all safety measures and protocols that we have on site (which are well documented on our Covid H&S policy - freely available on our website). If any community transmission is occurring it is likely because of an individuals failure to abide by the vigorous measures and social distancing policies that we have implemented in either their work or recreational environment.

Challenging but rewarding

It is a busy and demanding operational environment, lots of opportunity for overtime for production staff.It is a very busy operational environment, grading vegetables for supermarkets.Permanent AM or PM shift.

Pros

Pension, free parking, lots of overtime, prize draws

Cons

can be very busy, some weekend working

Stuck up managers and employees

Joined Huntapac with the promise of training and the understanding it will take up in there own words 6-12 months to fully understand what needs to be done in the factory and how to do it. I started and day one I was asked to help and engineer with a job he then left me to do it without explaining anything and said he would be right back he did not come back. This continued for the first couple months having to train myself all the while being put down by management and be accused of taking drugs on site with a ‘random’ drug test even when it indicated no drugs where in my system I was asked to swab again for no reason. They then hired a new employee and i was tasked to trim him up while I still hasn’t been given any training myself. I then made a mistake and was fired for it no trying to find a solution no making sure it doesn’t happen again just get out.

Pros

Absolutely nothing

Cons

Management and employees

27 June 2021
All of our staff undergo a huntapac induction covering the business and health and safety principles.For maintenance you then have a specific maintenance induction, and departmental sign off which is monitored in a skills matrix. As a company we complete drug and alcohol tests for a variety of reasons, whether it’s the monthly audit requirement for cause or suspicion. This is to ensure we can maintain the health and safety standards across site as we work with machinery, automation and trucks.Again with disciplinary procedures they are all outline in the handbook you are given at the induction and are online with UK law and ACAS guidance, however gross misconduct can be a dismissal if the disciplinary officer believes it was so serious.

Backside on seat, anyone will do

You are treat like an idiot from the start by the office, never in my driving career have I ever had to phone for permission to stop for the night and then been told what time to get up in the morning. Office always think they know best even though some in there are just kids with zero experience of transport. Avoid this place! it's horrible work, sleeping in dirty vehicles that shall we say less hygienic people have slept in the night before you.

Workplace

I have worked for a lot of Transport Companies, This particular company has no respect for drivers,they use them as and when and get rid. I worked their 2 months and left. I went in my normal shift, made me wait 3 hours and was told to go home. No Tractor units, got paid for 3 hours. not forgetting i had spend all day sleeping and cost me 2 hours travel time.any one giving you good feed, its their own people, some driver are desperate because of travel other issues. The management from top to bottom are absolutely pathetic. If you want to work their,,use agency, so at least you paid 8 hours minimum. Thanks guys and don't fall into trap.

Pros

Nothing good

Cons

Long Hours

Tractor driver

Cracking place to work only left due to distance for me to travel. Some days can be grueling due to working in all conditions. But on the whole a good fun place to work.

Verry poor

If you like cab hopping ,average pay, trucks not up to pulling heavy trailers small cabs. .everything on the cheap ,even disconnecting kick down to save fuel. Dirty cabs after other drivers. Bad planners,

Pooly Managed

I wouldn't recommend working here, all departments are poorly managed. All staff are depressed and under motivated. There are no incentives to try your best, it seems the worse you work the better your treated.

Class one

Average place to work . Cab hopping is the Norm for trampers . A lot worst Company's out there to work for . Driving a truck is a lifestyle and not a job .So if living in a Deferent Cab each week is your thing , then give them a try

Terrible place to work stay clear

This place is ridiculous to work for the hours are long,staff are horrendous at dealing with situations so are management,leave you to work long shifts by yourself,bad attitude,can't book holidays when you want even in advance horrible treatment given to workers

Pros

No one to look over you

Avoid if possible

Hours constantly changed by management without notice. Working on the 2-10pm shift it’s never a 10pm Finnish your lucky in you get away by midnight. Your expected to work bank holiday for normal time and overtime is paid at time 1/4 flat even on Sunday’s.

Pros

Pays the bills

Cons

Long hours, low pay, only get 30 min break even if you work 12 hour plus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntapac Produce Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8