Hunter's Lodge Residential Home Ltd

Hunter's Lodge Residential Home Ltd Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom10 reviews

Very strict place to work and not many breaks ,management a bit belittling and favoured certain staff.

Unrealistic targets and over loaded with work due to being unstaffed, understandably find it hard to hold onto staff.long shifts 12 hrs and quite a slog a lot of fine twiddling ur thumbs .

Pros

Good training

Cons

Long hours and arrogant management

Stressful and underpaid

Although on the surface the home looks to be ok, the staff are undervalued and underpaid. The home is extremely fast-paced, with a mixture of dementia and mental health patients. You don't get much training, just a shadow shift and some online modules to complete. The home is impeccably clean and the domestic staff work tirelessly. There is a good staff bunch, there are a couple that don't pull their weight but you'll get this anywhere, generally the staff are what make the home. There are numerous errors with the wages, which are normally sorted when mentioned. The home is recently under new management who does appear to be good and making positive changes, however the owner of the home let's it down.

Pros

Good team to work with (mostly), New manager who looks promising and making good changes, Very clean and domestic staff work hard to keep rooms stocked well with PPE ect

Cons

Owner does not care, is never there and pays his staff incorrectly most of the time, and pays his staff at the same level different wages as and when he feels like it, Very busy, often not a lot of support between staff members and management when you are short staffed, Difficult to get to in bad weather conditions Certain staff members 'get their way' more than others, Very short staffed, working with agency most of the time

Insights into Hunter's Lodge Residential Home Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Inclusive work environment

No Day the same

In General the home is a good place for the service users, i cant say they are not looked after and cared for.Staff wise if you speak up against them then your in the black book alot of back stabbing goes on. Management doesnt treat staff all the same,be careful what you say to the Manager as it will go around the home .Training is generally good in certain Areas ,but no backup in others . as someone else has said if your face fits youll be fine if your someone who doesnt speak up youll also be fine ..it is a fast home your always on the move ...but you have to ask yourself if its a good home why are the good staff leaving ??

Pros

Service users are generally well looked after ..some more than others

Cons

to many to name

Simple work but Mentally challenging.

As a chef working at Hunters Lodge, I found it mentally challenging. The actual work load is not an issue, it's the environment. I feel I need to explain to prospective chefs that this is a totally different sector of the industry. It is not as simple as just cooking two home cooked meals a day. There will be no feedback from the residents as their dementia doesn't really allow this. There are dietary requirements and this may include anything from diabetic to no fish or citrus fruits also puréed foods. This latter statement was part of my issue. I was given zero training on what the consistency of the foods should be. I come from fine dining so know about purees, but you need to be specific about the consistency of the foods as it is very important to some of the residents diets. So there was always a battle with the carers as to whether it was right or wrong.If you have no experience of dementia then this is quite a sad and challenging environment. I would advise anyone to have had some previous experience with such a place. The staff are generally lovely and i respect them a great deal for having to work in a sector that is challenging and demanding for them. Also, try and get your breaks in. There is a lot of washing up to do, even with a kitchen assistant. And there doesn't seem to be enough time to fit in the breaks. You get deducted half an hour pay(which is standard) if you have your break or not. It's not a bad place to work, as long as you're of a caring and tolerant nature, but be prepared to see the sadder side of life.

Pros

Generally great staff

Cons

Too much washing up even with a K.A. Challenging environment. Cheap equipment.

Nice but busy

Hunters lodge is a busy and full on place to work but they care so much about the residents and that means alot.Each section of the home from housekeeping to activity staff all pull together to make it not just a place of work but a real home.Work is hard as a carer but isn't it always if done correctly?Management are wonderful and make you feel nothing is a problem.Training is up to date so you never feel out of your depth. A good place.

Pros

Good home

Happy place

6 or 12 hour shifts. Can be very fast paced but the care for the residents is second to none. Yes some staff can be a little clicky but that's the same in most places. Make an effort and work hard you fit in.Training always given and the management is always on hand for encouragement and a chat if support is needed.A happy place to work as long as your happy to work.

Pros

Happy team

Cons

Fast paced

The residents are lovely

Most of the staff work hard and are caring. The care is tasked focus . The management is awful your ok if your face fits . I would avoid working here .

Pros

Nice residents

Cons

No support from management

Official response from Hunter's Lodge Residential Home Ltd

21 January 2021
Residents and staff are lovely and a shame you felt this way as everyone is made welcome and are given support.

Run if you get the chance

Staff are over worked and under paid, if your face don’t fit.....just leave. First day training was alright but if you want help afterwards, there know point in asking as you won’t get it Working ridiculous hours..... don’t plan anything for your social life as you wont have one Honestly just run if you get the chance

Highly recommend

Such a lovely place to work everyone is helpful and nice I wish I never had to leave. Residents are always cared for by the staff. Housekeeping always ensure the place is spotless.

Making a difference

No day is the same they can be intense at times however it is rewarding work with great residents and staff. Management are open to changes and ideas, always have an open door policy. They are quick to resolve problems I have. Always receive lots of training in different formats from online, to in house training and away courses. I have been able to develop my role from a carer to a senior position at my own pace, whilst being given support throughout. I have had different roles throughout my time at Hunters Lodge from starting on domestic, to care assistant, activities and now a senior shift leader. Felt supported and valued no matter what role I had. I think the best part of my job would have to be the residents and knowing I made a positive impact on them especially when it comes to end of life.

Pros

Bonuses, staff, residents, rewarding

Cons

Can sometimes feel like long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hunter's Lodge Residential Home Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Hunter's Lodge Residential Home Ltd reviews by location

Learn about Hunter's Lodge Residential Home Ltd in popular locations

• Hunter's Lodge Residential Home Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?