HYDE HOUSING ASSOCIATION

Working at HYDE HOUSING ASSOCIATION: 37 HYDE HOUSING ASSOCIATION Reviews

United Kingdom37 reviews

goodworkingmanagementcompanyjobworkhousingenjoy

Decent place to work

Good company. Good managers for the most part. Hours are good. Pay is fair, better than most in the area Biggest problem are the customers, feel they are entitled to absolutely anything

Pros

Decent wage

Cons

The customers

Very very good team

I worked as an intern in the IDP team (predominantly Investment) and honestly I can’t thank them enough for showing me how nice work and your colleagues can be to work with.As stated, Investment was the team I was primarily based within and all levels of the team were great to work with. Very knowledgeable and professional. I thoroughly enjoyed my time and my only wish is that I helped enough during my time there.

Insights into HYDE HOUSING ASSOCIATION

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks

Nice place to work good payment shifts are okay as well, kitchen is the best . Nice people good chefs managment as well higly recommend. parking food brakes

Responsive

A good place to work. Would not hesitate to go back .Very friendly and receptive colleagues.Adequate resources to enable you to fulfil your role stress free.

Fun workplace

Good company friendly staff but you will work long hours during the week the pay for the job should be more substantial than it is when I was working there

Awful place to work.

I worked for this company for over 12 years and the work environment as got worst each year since I started. When I first started you got acknowledged for your hard work, but that vanished over the years and was replaced with constant stress and punishment (didn't matter how hard you worked). Morale is really bad in most departments due to unsupportive management. Before I left I wasn't allowed to even ask questions or look for progression. The fact is if you end up in the wrong team, in the wrong location like I did, you won't be able to progess at all. As my manager (who worked at the other end of the country) said its a dead-end job and if you don't like it leave. If you ask questions, speak up or try to improve things they will make your life extremely stressful to the point that you will become ill and be managed out. They always make loads of promises that they don't keep.

Pros

Cons

Work place bullying caused by unsupportive management.

So nice I did it twice

I have work for Hyde on 2 separate occasions. Hyde is an excellent company to work for. The salaries are a little low but the benefits are second to none. Would gladly work there again.

Pros

Excellent benefits, opportunities to progress

Cons

Low pay scales

New CEO means change

New directors weekly with little ideas and no experience in social housing, little experience means massive changes for all and no idea of implementing this change.

Pros

The weekends

Easy life - boring work

Easy work for social housing gig. Started to implement trackers heavily when I left . On call is a joke, it looks okay when they talk about figures but poor allowance for travelling and it averages out as £7.50/hr. they use Buildbase to deliver all of their materials across the south coast - look forward to lengthy waits and when it finally turns up the wrong gear has been sent to you. Actively encouranged to not use initiative to find parts elsewhere

Data processing. Updating information about clients on housing list

Temporary job approximately one (1) month. Data recovery updating details of the existing tenant on books. Nothing memorable about this job. It was a time-filler. Best description. Boring.Did not acquire any new skills. Would do it again Am retired and working when available to supplement my small pension.

Below average

Zero progression, salary capped trades staff , no incentives, very poor management , office vs trades staff culture. Negative view on trades and staff no rewards for good work or high performance,

Enjoyable environment where learning and progression are encouraged.

An enjoyable place to work, with a focus on growing your skills and career progression. A very active workplace where I exhibited varied skills daily. Management encourages growth and provides secondment opportunities along with internal and external learning to assist building skills as well as learning new skills. The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable part: the variety of work on a daily basis. in my position, I assisted in project management, created reports, paid invoices and created purchase orders, updated records, stored documentation, assisted in meetings, and worked alongside internal and external stakeholders daily. The only constant was that all these jobs executed exclusively for South London and Kent areas.

Pros

Fast paced and varied work along with development of skills are actively encouraged.

Cons

High turnover at management levels made for instability.

Nightmare contract

A typical day was hectic and although I learnt a lot in the time i was there about housing. The Management there used intimidation methods to get work completed and threats. The hard part of the day was working with a manager who had clearly been there a long time but was clueless. She used threatening behaviour to pressurzed you to complete tasks, for example, she said once "if you do not learn this quickly and by the end of the week I will replace you". Pretty horriffic given you were working as a contractor.

Good

Working in a city such as London you would expect a serious environment however, the company ensured that all workers were satisfied with job parties, casual days etc

working in fear

Enjoyed my job but I experienced harassment and bullying/physical abuse and nothing was done. I worked very long hours to meet KPI's but overtime is not paid. if your face does not fit management force you to leave.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

bullying from the housing staffs and management

Fun workplace

I wasn’t here for very long, but it was a good experience working with so many people from varying backgrounds. I also had a very good manager who was able to suppport me from the start

Pros

Good work colleague

Cons

Poor pay

Working as a Housing Officer

I worked for Hyde as a Housing Officer and enjoyed the varied work. I enjoy resolving problems and having complex issues to attend to. As with most organisation the work loads increased and for me created a feeling of fire fighting and being reactive, not preventive.

Pros

Wage and Benefits

Cons

Too big an organisation and inept, self promoting top management

Good stepping stone company

A good company where you can learn and gain exposure if you're willing to work hard. Good working hours and staff members are always willing to assist with queries.

Great Job

i enjoy my work with Hyde as most of my job is to liaise with the tenants and help them with any concerns they might have I am backed up with a good Line Management which means I can carry out my job with confidence and assure the tenants that any repairs ect will be resolved.

Pros

I work with a great team

Cons

my budget seems to small

A good place to work.

The majority of the staff are good at their job, committed, with a professional approach to their work. The management are well in touch with their teams and maintain feedback through regularly held Team Meetings.

Pros

Free Health Cover; Good Pension.

Cons

Some Contractors 'let the side down.'

very busy workplace

It is good to get work experience here most of the staff are friendly but they do suffer from not having enough staff available so sometimes you had to work between 2 branches.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HYDE HOUSING ASSOCIATION. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement