Hydes Brewery

Hydes Brewery Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my time with Hydes brewery an learnt many valuable skills. The managers and staff where all very friendly which made it a good work environment.
the management care about their staff to the point they will go out of their way to help train. its always a friendly atmosphere and I cannot say a bad thing about the company.
I worked as a KP for a couple of months, and at the start it was all fine but seeing as though it was in the height of summer I felt that they expect far too much from one person. You end up working 2 hours after the chefs have left sometimes until half eleven/midnight although you are rota'd in till 10pm, and apart from 1 or 2 of the chefs who saw the mess of the place, would dive in and give you a hand, but apart from that, there was no team work whatsoever from the head chef and the sous chef didn't even acknowledge the KP's. You try to organise your station, but the chefs ignore that and just throw the dishes into the sinks. I found that if there was a two hour gap from one KP finishing to another starting, again, the chefs didn't help by stacking their dirty pans and trays and just lobbed them into the sinks. This meant you spend the best part of the first hour, sorting out the dishes and then trying to get your station in order. The worst thing for me was the rota was NEVER done on time and although they set up a WhatsApp staff chat, they head chef NEVER uploaded the rota onto this so you had to come in and see when you where meant to be working. I did cover the dessert and starter sections as well as being KP as they never had enough staff in to cover, and to be honest 2 chefs to do 250 covers is simply not enough on a hot June day in a popular tourist area.
Worked for hydes for 16 years enjoyed my job we only get out what we put in .fair pay holidays good pension plenty of promotion on products and support good training program
My time at the hornsmill was great, surrounded by a good solid team and really supportive management. Good work environment Good team Good food Decent wages Fair tip share Good relationship between front and back of house Effective menu Really busy
Pros
Great management
Cons
The kitchen gets messy quickly 😂
I enjoyed working for Hyde's brewery, the staff and management were always friendly and became friends! It was a pleasure to work in a fun place around fun people and making customers happy.
Okay so its a great pub/hotel and most of the staff are great but the overall manager is incompitent. Pay is funky and if you want to talk to someone about it then your out of luck. Overall the job is great if you already have experience but the manager will try and get on your nerves to make himself feel better about his poor life choices.
Pros
Good atmosphere and staff
Cons
A manager with a degree in journalism
Don't even bother, if you wanna work in a disgusting kitchen then crack on. Also among the list of absolute headaches about this place is the acceptance of deep frying French toast, and the incompetence of HR. But yeah amazing....... stay away 😚
Pros
feck all
Cons
feck all
Loved the staff i worked with and the management. They took me in when i was struggling to find a job and helped me become a far better barman than i was.
Pros
lovely pub
Cons
pretentious customers
Family run brewery, with great ethos and direction. Pubs are located throughout the northwest from pub dining, community sites and wet led establishments.
Pros
50% discount card
Working alongside some fantastic people, who work hard to achieve the best for the Company. No day is ever the same. Fantastic benefits, and salary available, along with structure progression across the estate.
Pros
50% discount card on food
Hydes Brewery is a good company to work for, they have great training options, a good pension scheme, and support their employees in general. My job as a Deputy Manager of a pub is hard work with long hours, but that is what I signed up for.
Pros
Discounts, training, pension.
Cons
Really good company to work for. They care about the staff and it is enjoyable to come to work. The pay is good and you also get tips. However, my only criticism is that you do not get enough hours if you are on a 0 hours contract and the late nights can be difficult.
Pros
Pleasant staff atmosphere
Cons
Late night finishes
The job itself was enjoyable although hard work for the money, easier jobs pay much more elsewhere. That can be said for the entire industry though. Never had any problems with management.
Pros
50% off food