Hydes Brewery
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Hydes Brewery Employee Reviews

United Kingdom23 reviews

Ok

Good pay Good Management was ok Good amount of breaks The job overall was great Multiple task to do in one shift Long shifts An ok Atmosphäre Good tips

Nursery Inn

Stressful for everyone and understaffed, managers expected to work more hours than stated on their contract and do not get paid any more. Kitchen only ever staffed with one person apart from the weekends, hard to train staff as manager cannot work with anyone until the end of the week. Higher Up Management in the company are great though

Pros

50% Discount

Cons

Long Hours, no breaks, solo kitchen shifts

Insights into Hydes Brewery

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Busy place

Busy place for work, payment always been on time. But not happy with wages. Tips gone down and that is the reason for me to leave. Otherwise good working atmosphere ( depends on the staff ).

Great company

Great company to work for, Area manager for food led sites is a great guy to work for, fair and firm. Corporate team are all helpful and some couldn't do enough for you, (Head of HR Head of payroll & Head of marketing were brilliant) Its long hours and unsociable, but thats hospitality

Pros

great company to work for

Cons

Unsociable hours and long hours

Good customer, management medium

The work environment is ok, the landlady is nice but her partner is unprofessional, drinking on shift and is very vulgar and inappropriate, I left because of this! But the other staff were great to work with.

Pros

Good customers

Cons

Only allowed to take a 20p tip

Fun workplace

I enjoyed my time with Hydes brewery an learnt many valuable skills. The managers and staff where all very friendly which made it a good work environment.

The best workplace I have worked at ever

the management care about their staff to the point they will go out of their way to help train. its always a friendly atmosphere and I cannot say a bad thing about the company.

good family brewery

cask ale focused customer focused, with a lot of regulars will teach to run a pub to its best potential all training provided to improve own skills fast paced

Understaffed and Incredibly Busy

I worked as a KP for a couple of months, and at the start it was all fine but seeing as though it was in the height of summer I felt that they expect far too much from one person. You end up working 2 hours after the chefs have left sometimes until half eleven/midnight although you are rota'd in till 10pm, and apart from 1 or 2 of the chefs who saw the mess of the place, would dive in and give you a hand, but apart from that, there was no team work whatsoever from the head chef and the sous chef didn't even acknowledge the KP's. You try to organise your station, but the chefs ignore that and just throw the dishes into the sinks. I found that if there was a two hour gap from one KP finishing to another starting, again, the chefs didn't help by stacking their dirty pans and trays and just lobbed them into the sinks. This meant you spend the best part of the first hour, sorting out the dishes and then trying to get your station in order. The worst thing for me was the rota was NEVER done on time and although they set up a WhatsApp staff chat, they head chef NEVER uploaded the rota onto this so you had to come in and see when you where meant to be working. I did cover the dessert and starter sections as well as being KP as they never had enough staff in to cover, and to be honest 2 chefs to do 250 covers is simply not enough on a hot June day in a popular tourist area.

A good company to work for

Worked for hydes for 16 years enjoyed my job we only get out what we put in .fair pay holidays good pension plenty of promotion on products and support good training program

I loved working for this company

My manager was amazing to work for great company and many training courses to do if you want to progress pi would highly recommend working for this company

My time at the hornsmill was great, surrounded by a good solid team and really supportive management. Good work environment Good team Good food Decent wages Fair tip share Good relationship between front and back of house Effective menu Really busy

Pros

Great management

Cons

The kitchen gets messy quickly 😂

Excellent place to work

I enjoyed working for Hyde's brewery, the staff and management were always friendly and became friends! It was a pleasure to work in a fun place around fun people and making customers happy.

Bad management

Okay so its a great pub/hotel and most of the staff are great but the overall manager is incompitent. Pay is funky and if you want to talk to someone about it then your out of luck. Overall the job is great if you already have experience but the manager will try and get on your nerves to make himself feel better about his poor life choices.

Pros

Good atmosphere and staff

Cons

A manager with a degree in journalism

Joke

Don't even bother, if you wanna work in a disgusting kitchen then crack on. Also among the list of absolute headaches about this place is the acceptance of deep frying French toast, and the incompetence of HR. But yeah amazing....... stay away 😚

Pros

feck all

Cons

feck all

Busy!

Loved the staff i worked with and the management. They took me in when i was struggling to find a job and helped me become a far better barman than i was.

Pros

lovely pub

Cons

pretentious customers

Great Company

Family run brewery, with great ethos and direction. Pubs are located throughout the northwest from pub dining, community sites and wet led establishments.

Pros

50% discount card

The most enjoyable part of the job

Working alongside some fantastic people, who work hard to achieve the best for the Company. No day is ever the same. Fantastic benefits, and salary available, along with structure progression across the estate.

Pros

50% discount card on food

Good company, with diverse work

Hydes Brewery is a good company to work for, they have great training options, a good pension scheme, and support their employees in general. My job as a Deputy Manager of a pub is hard work with long hours, but that is what I signed up for.

Pros

Discounts, training, pension.

Great

Really good company to work for. They care about the staff and it is enjoyable to come to work. The pay is good and you also get tips. However, my only criticism is that you do not get enough hours if you are on a 0 hours contract and the late nights can be difficult.

Pros

Pleasant staff atmosphere

Cons

Late night finishes

Fun place to work

Job itself was fun and staff and management friendly. Hard work for the pay, although that is an industry constant. Good amount of paid holiday and 50% off food.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hydes Brewery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement