Hywel Dda University Health Board logo
Hywel Dda University Health Board

Hywel Dda University Health Board Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Best place to work..

Its an excellent place to work with , good team work, good benefits. I really enjoying working with N.H.S. Everybody's working so hard to achieve the N.H.S. plan that sets out the pathways for new service model for the 21st century.

Pros

shops and restaurant discounts

Cons

Enjoyed my employment

Enjoyed working 10 years. Reception, secretarial, medical (continence) knowledge gained. Able to work autonomously and as part of a team. worked well with Senior colleagues.

Not too bad

Ok but seem to be having a time with ongoing plans for future hospital set up. Was a lot worse but seems to be bit better these days. Good luck. Beautiful beaches down here.

Fantastic community

I loved working at the hospital where I made lots of friends. The salary for my working hours was fantastic. The training you receive as part of your job is very good. I learned a great deal about office work and received several qualifications during my time in this job.

Avoid the bank!

Can’t speak for in-hospital management, but the nurse bank office is tragic. Withheld pay for 9 weeks because Admin staff had ‘lost’ our training files and they were not externally reviewed, plunging me into so much debt that I couldn’t afford to drive to work. Refused to let me onto the general bank roster/text service to pick up shifts, only to let another colleague (interviewed and trained on the same dates as I had) onto the system 10 minutes after I had requested!! We were sat right next to each other making the calls to the office and spoke to the same member of staff. Worst employees I’ve ever had, and I’ve worked for some shockers!

Pros

The work is satisfying.

Cons

You are a number on the system and you will be treated as such.

Good and Bad

The fellow members of staff are incredibly friendly to work with and in most areas there is a great sense of togetherness. There are lots of ups and downs but on the whole, everyone is trying hard to help the patients.

Health Service

Nursing in various areas.Hardworking teams in decent hospitals. However relationship between hospitals poor leading to lack of cohesive future planning and co-working. GOOD TIMES,BAD TIMES

productive workplace

The hospital members of staff were very helpful in terms of patients care and passed a lot of knowledge to me. My supervisor was always answering and addressing my questions and worries. Overall, I have learnt a lot through volunteering in the hospital and working with elderly patients. I have developed my understanding of confidentiality, dignity and respect.

Pros

talking to people from different cultures

Jobs at Hywel Dda University Health Board