IAC logo
IAC

IAC Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Not a bad place to work for

If you work hard the management leave you to do your job and give you the respect you deserve , the salary isn’t great as I was working night shifts and needs to be reviewed

Excellent and friendly place to work

A very busy and industrious plant manufacturing Instrument panels and centre consoles. The management gave excellent backing to the staff. My task was to PPAP Product to the Customer (JLR) and ensure full validation was made before shipping. I really enjoyed my time at IAC as the full team were very professional and always supported the whole Team.

Management and work culture

There is no work culture . I have never seen company with such a low morale and completely lack of work ethic. Poorly run with management bringing on site own friends and family embers. This is not family friendly company and not carrying about employees.

Deplorable cloak and dagger operation.

Worked here for a number of years in the main manufacturing area. Very cramped noisy and dirty. Found the management to be very favourite oriented. Promoting people dependent on who you go on holidays with or what bike ckub you're in. Giving relatives the option for overtime and ignoring others who deserved it. A very poor place to work.

Pros

Decent wage.

Cons

Dictatorial

Extremely productive workplace

Built unit 25 mouldshop from the ground up and in 4 years with a great time with me made it the flag ship for others to follow. We built the production team from current staff in other departments or recruiting from an agency, temp to perm after 13 weeks if they proved to be valuable members of the team

Pros

Jpb satisfaction

Cons

Long hours and some weekend working

Lazy People

Some great people working there but HR at Elmdon is dire! The HR Manager does just enough to their keep job. Staff retention is shocking and there are too many chiefs and not enough indians. Some middle to senior management walking about place holding bits of paper but doing nothing and spending LOTS of time with the girls at Extra Personnel. All the managers seem to spend lots of time in that office drinking coffee. Lots of lazy people doing lots of NOTHING!!!

Pros

Lots of nice people but they dont stay

Cons

HR are poor, no support, lazy managers

fun enjoyed working there

Iac halewood place is full of drug dealers had three different coke dealer s on my shift management just ignore.would never get told what was going on and there are lot of staff who can do what they want

Pros

Cons

no security job wise

Iac Solihull is a great place to work with friendly atmosphere and good management, people are here friendly and willing to help. Working for Iac solihull give me a lot of experience. there is only one bad thing about this place which is salary.

Pros

God management, Friendly staff, Multi culture, many opportunities

Cons

Salary

boring

typical factory work here! clocking in and out as normal it was so boring and half the time the machines was down so wa literally standing around not sure how people work their for 20 years!

Fast paced Factory

A great experience of working in a fast paced factory enviroment. Operating heavy machinarey whilst delivering set targets. Fellow employees offered good support at all times.

Pros

Fellow employees

Cons

Tempreture control in enviroment

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IAC?

Progression available

A typical day in my role in ensuring the training and SOP's (standard operating procedure) are all in place for the training of future employees.I have learned to be very flexible, and how important time management is.Like many workplaces there is a clique in work, which can be frustrating, but different opportunities are available, given the right attitude and work ethic.The hardest part of my job, is to maintain timescales of future car launches and upgrades, as the tasks need to completed with military precision.The most enjoyable part of my job is there is never two days the same. Which is taxing and also rewarding.

Pros

Good group of people to work for

Cons

Can be up to 21 days straight, when a new car is ready to launch.

Good working relationship with co workers all working together as a team

I do 3 shifts afternoons/earlies and nights We’ve learned how complete the job on time with emphasis on quality (getting it right first time) Management is good with good communication on where can improve the working environment in the workplace Hardest part of the job is maintaining high standards of workmanship (which is a challenge but a positive one) The most enjoyable part of the job is Work satisfaction as a team in getting the product right first time and on time

Pros

3 15 minutes breaks

Cons

Hours are long

Good to work at

Good to place to work at different faces meeting daily and people were just genuine but the staff could get a little better with the way they speak to people

Pros

Two 30 minute breaks

Cons

8 hours

great workplace

I found it great working here all the staff and management were very friendly and helpful I felt comfortable and able to talk to anyone.i loved working here

Have been working at IAC for more than 10+ years and had learn a lot in the automotive interiors field to augment my experience in CAE area Working hours are flexible and the manager is flexible too regarding vacation days off and have a good team to work with.

Not a good company to work for

I worked at IAC for 2 years, and It was a real roller coaster from start to finish! The salaries are ok however, the company does not really have much respect for its staff.

Pros

friday finish at 1 pm

Cons

management

Fast paced environment

I regularly helped to maintain the line's feed by making sure new vehicle parts were continuously placed in the correct order, so they could then be transported to the store room, where they would then be sequenced in order to create the new vehicle. During my time at IAC I learnt that teamwork was the key component to establish any given task. With the help of others, ideas can be shared and the way in which things are done can be modified and improved to benefit the company. As for the management within the business, I believe that it has a strong and positive impact on the workers as they are there offering support and guidance whenever needed. Co-workers are also a positive aspect of the workplace as team work has such an important role and being surrounded by kind people makes any job more enjoyable. I believe the most difficult part to my job was the pressure put upon each team worker. This is due to the fact one mistake made could affect the whole group and slow down the process. On the other hand, the most enjoyable part would be interacting with my co-workers and gaining the feeling of success after each days work.

Pros

salary

Moulding Company

A Moulding Company which make plastic parts for cars eg. Jaguar, Land Rover. A rotating shift patern including nights.

produtive and fun workplace

exciting place to work with great benefits and good people. very good management structure and very friendly. great hours of work and good holidays

fun workplace

lac is a good place to work within a team but as well future opportunity there is not much. ,y co workers are good to work with but when it falls down to management it is not that good were we are treated unfairly and in a non professional manor .

Pros

My shift 7 am to 3 pm.

Cons

unpaid and short lunch breaks/

fun

I learned a lot when working for IAC, I had to achieve a lot of goals and by keeping to them goals I needed help from the mangers help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IAC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement