Ian Williams Ltd

Ian Williams Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom159 reviews

williamsschemetargetvanbonusavoidprogressearn

The Hub, customer service advisor

Ian williams are a good company to work for under challenging circumstances. If you cope well under pressure, are focused and can remain calm in sometimes challenging situations this is a great place to work. The people really make this job. The management are some of the friendliest and most supportive I’ve had. Even higher management will regularly give thanks and praise, note that you are working hard or when it’s been a challenging day. Regularly organise team night outs, management buy lunch and treats etc they really do appreciate the hub staff and recognise hard work. The planners deserve a higher wage for how hard they work, constantly dealing with upset tenants and rude client staff aswell as the operatives and unhelpful management from other departments. It’s a hard, challenging role but if you’ve got what it takes to thrive in that situation you’ll be supported and acknowledged.

8 August 2022
Thank you for leaving us an excellent review. We're pleased you are enjoying your work, and building a social life in work also. We'll be sure to feedback your review. It’s important our employees feel supported and your review reaffirms the hard work we contribute daily. So thanks, once again, for your kind words.

Terrible management.

One of the worst places I have ever worked.Fed nothing but lies from the start.Rubbish training and induction .No time to organise vehicle .Didn’t get van stock till too late.Business manager a disrespectful idiot.(former electrician) no good for Managment.

Pros

Cons

No e

Insights into Ian Williams Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Energising work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility

Laid back great staff

Nice work, laid back atmosphere and a decent chance to earn bonus on most jobs. They want more characters but I’ve said all I can. It’s a nice place to work. Highly recommend.

Pros

Bonus

Bad work place

They you use never keep to there word to you Alway on you back asking about the same job Bonus you make you never get only show you things once never again people who work there are click don’t help you

Cons

Horrible place to work no mangement ,

Poor mangement , a lot of employees full of self righteousness, no supervision on works , none management abandonment, Like being at school , working with employees ,

Pros

Do ur own hours

Cons

Get to go home when u want

Fair and a good place to work

Not a bad place to work at all the option to earn money if you are willing to work for it friendly and fair made me feel really welcome and the opportunity to lern something new is always there and consistent work

Pros

Pay travel and fair

Cons

Using my own vehicle a lot

run by cowboys

run by people who can't tell their elbow from a hole in the wall, cowboys, no one knows what they are doing, total shambles, no one cares.work life balance is poor its not worth the stress of working for them,

Pros

Cons

everything

Awful

Awful just truly awful Lied to in interview with promises of bonuses etc. Staff leave within a month Poor management with no idea of what to do Managers lie constantly to you

Really bad company

The contracts manager doesn't have a clue what he's talking about and the contracts manager knows even less I don't work here anymore because of them

can be a better company

let just say if you qualify for a new job opening forget about it as they all palie palie with each other let just say if do plastering and you get a foreman job you should only be over other guys that plaster not multi tradesmen because most guys that plaster don’t have that much knowledge about other trades no disrespect to all the the plastering guys but you only ware a jacket that fits

Having started as multi trade operative back in February 22 I was made to be part of the team very quickly and after a few weeks of hard work my manager see my potential and made me a foreman having this promotion gave me a insight into how the business is run and gave me opportunities to meet fellow managers and senior members of Ian Williams all which have been very helpful and keen to get my views on Ian Williams and if there's anyway they can make the company better in any way. all round a very fair company weekly bonus scheme overtime on hand average weekly earning holiday pay work hard and your efforts are rewarded. One of theThe best companies if not the best I've worked for.

8 August 2022
Thank you for leaving us an excellent review. We're thrilled you feel part of a team and we'll be sure to feedback your review. It’s important our employees are satisfied and your review reaffirms the hard work we contribute daily. So thanks, once again, for your kind words.

Friendly and proactive Company

I very much enjoyed my time at Ian Wiĺliams; the people were kind and always keen to help.The environment was modern and accountable for anyone with a disability; such as automatic doors and a lift being available.I would always recommend somebody to work there.

Pros

Hybrid working and sensible hours

8 August 2022
Thank you for leaving us an excellent review. We're thrilled you enjoyed your experience and we'll be sure to feedback your review. It’s important our employees are listened to and accommodated for, and your review reaffirms the hard work we contribute daily. So thanks, once again, for your kind words.

Very poor, lack of leadership and communication

I held my position at Ian Williams as a contract Manager for 4/5 Months With in this period I resigned from my position twice, my experience was very poor I was never aloud to manage which lead to frustration, decisions were made which in turn had a detrimental impact Then contract managers expected to pick up the pieces

8 August 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we respect the feedback you have provided.Please feel free to reach out to hradvice@ianwilliams.co.uk with any further comments, concerns or suggestions.

Disappointing! Avoid!

A large company with little direction which is a real shame. Staff turnover is unlike anything I’ve seen anywhere else. Some good people there but these get overlooked for promotions which are given to those in the senior management circle. Has huge potential but fails to deliver. Targeted work very rarely works out as contracts are under priced.

Pros

Honestly can’t think of one.

Cons

Upper management circle.

8 August 2022

They say it's about the people, and it really is the people that makes it enjoyable.

It is a fast paced environment, but no matter when, if you're comfortable with being open, there is a supportive, collaborative team environment around you. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here. Is it perfect? No. Is there anywhere that is though, so as long as you contribute to the solution, short term or long term, it's a great place to work.

8 August 2022
Thank you for leaving us an excellent review. We're thrilled you acknowledge the people make a happy working environment, we'll be sure to feedback your review. It’s important our employees are satisfied and your review reaffirms the hard work we contribute daily. So thanks, once again, for your kind words.

Terrible, don’t even bother

Was sold dreams and left a good job for being told it was a great opportunity, false now I’m worse off than ever, worst decision I ever made now I’m in debt and need to beg for my old job back

8 April 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, it is a shame your experience did not meet your expectations, and we respect your feedback.Please feel free to reach out to hradvice@ianwilliams.co.uk with any further comments, concerns or suggestions.

Company of liars

Bonus scheme is next to impossible when supervisors are taking hours off for work they are not doing, away from that constant wait for materials and this is coming from a painting and decorating company that doesn’t possess 80 sandpaper majority of the time and for the last week if any.Basic pay is poor bonus is a battle even if you do hit your target and they leave out the fact you only get 50% of your bonuses then the other half once signed off, which probably does happen but never told as it then goes in the supervisor or managements pockets.You’ll always get a good run of work (if you enjoy scraping paper without steaming it first) but a good run of stress to go with it oh and all this tools provided total nonsense, mine where used by other colleagues for weeks on the jobs I was on, lying third rate firm, avoid.

8 April 2022
Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback with us, and we respect your feedback.Please feel free to reach out to hradvice@ianwilliams.co.uk with any further comments, concerns or suggestions.

Bad management

Once upon a time a good company, with good benefits , with good teams to work along side new management made it a company to Stay well clear of , clueless on man management

Pros

Employed

Cons

Bad management

8 April 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and we respect your feedback.Please feel free to reach out to hradvice@ianwilliams.co.uk with any further comments, concerns or suggestions.

It’s a shame

I had high hopes for working with this company but feel severely let down and disappointed. Targets are impossible as the planning is not smoothly run. No training in systems.Some great people working but there are equally some very bad managers.

8 April 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and we respect your feedback. It is a shame you felt your experience did not meet your expectations. Please feel free to reach out to hradvice@ianwilliams.co.uk with any further comments, concerns or suggestions.

Poor management, lack of quality work

Management very poorly organised never knows where their workforce is at or what they are doing. There is very often miscommunications and misunderstandings that leave the workforce frustrated. Plenty of days just doing pointless running around because of this. Lacking variety of work and poor welfare services often on jobs with no running water or proper toilets

Pros

The boys on the tools all work well together

Cons

Management, quality of work

8 April 2022

A great company that looks after their employees

I have worked for Ian Williams for just over 2 years. I came from a very different background and didn't have any experience within the sector, however, they have supported me and helped me develop my skills. The company continued to remain steady through a difficult time with Covid-19 and with so many other companies making redundancies, Ian Williams were doing the opposite and creating employment opportunities.

Pros

Flexible/hybrid working, great employee support, bonus scheme

7 March 2022
Thank you for leaving us an excellent review. We're thrilled you are loving your experience and have felt safe and supported throughout the last two years. It’s important our employees are satisfied and your review reaffirms the hard work we contribute daily. So thanks, once again, for your kind words.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ian Williams Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Ian Williams Ltd with

Learn about Ian Williams Ltd in popular locations

• Ian Williams Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?