Ideal Carehomes

Ideal Carehomes Employee Reviews

Absolutely loved my job at as a care assistant for Ideal. Loved the residents and the staff! Unfortunately Covid-19 found its way into the home and living with vulnerable, sick mother in law after speaking to the deputy manager I was given permission to leave work, I handed in my notice as I didn’t know when it would be safe for me to return (which I was messaged the manager wasn’t accepting my notice) and I was told my job was secure and I would be able to return when ready to in the future. So lock down eased and I reapplies for my job to be told HR said because I left during shift I couldn’t return, even though I was given permission to leave and assured my job would be safe. Gutted as I loved my job there and the people we haloed look after!
Pros
Lovely resident, good team of carers and friendly staff
Cons
Under staffed, under paid and under appreciated
Harassing prospective customers, pressure selling to fill beds, sell your family home, your parents to an institution for a years care at ÂŁ46,000-60,000/year. How long, how far does the money last? What happens when the money runs out? Who cares as long as the manager fills beds, the manager above reaches targets, the company get their profits. Same slogan of compassion' from all homes, which look good on paper but do they really fulfill targets! All money orientated, all the same . What a sinful world and you require my full details for this! Anything from here will be an untruth, you don't need to know where/job title nothing, this is about your company not the home.
What a horrible place to work for ,staff turnover is terrible if your face doesn't fit you might as well not bother going to work ,management don't care about their employers do 1think wrong and that's you finished residents are lovely
Pros
Cons
Long hours not appreciated
Ideal care home executives treat people like absolute rubbish, their way or the high way, really horrible company, disguised in a luxury environment, ruthless money making Rottweilers with no concern for the employees just pound signs Don't bother, most people get finished before 2 years when you cannot meet the unreasonable targets, you can't do them for unfair dismissal but its a disgusting way to treat people all that glitters is definitely not gold!! Beware!!
Pros
salary isnt too bad
Cons
bullying culture
Theres nothing to say because management are bullies they discriminate you kick you out treat staff like rubbish have favourites who they favour rest are treat horribly no wonder they leave manager favours those who do over time rest he dont care bully you alot dont appeciate nothing when cqc come they run around like headless chicken making it look good on a normal day they dont care At all seniors make mistakes with the medication and they get let off and ppl who actually do a good job get kicked out gary is an horrible man he favours certain member rest he treats like rubbish he never comes on site to see the residents he done even care but when families are around he acts like hes always around them two faced people
Pros
residents are amazing
Cons
Management is rubbish and not fair bully staff
I worked at Coppice Lodge in Arnold, the home was always short staffed, residents were left waiting for the toilet for hours, often left soaking in urine, they ran out of Continence pads for nearly two weeks for the residents. when I first started I had to buy the residents toiletries as majority of them didn’t have any. I witnessed a lot of things that shouldn’t have been happening, residents neglected, nails dirty, when I went on to morning shifts there was 4 residents left soaking wet in urine and feaces so much so the continence pads were crystallised. I reported them to CQC and was sacked days later. Do not work for this company!
Pros
Lovely residents
Cons
Short staffed, management, people not backing you up even though they know what’s happening.
I started a job here as a laundry assistant I did all my training ect. They never told me my trail days and rang me randomly one day screaming down the phone at me telling me to get in ASAP for work to which I went in. A week later they then moved me onto domestics (which I didn’t ask to do or apply for!) just because someone else who’d worked there longer wanted to move roles. I ended up in hospital for a few days when I was due to me working my 3 days on, for them to sack me over the phone telling me they assume I don’t want the job after I provided hospital letters and notes
Cons
worst places I've ever work bullying culture lack of support for all not a good atmosphere for working in or living in should be investigated. Residence made to get up 5 a.m. dressed and put back into bed no toiletries personal care lack of clothing residence staff putting down false information regarding residents
Pros
A good way of getting experience
Cons
Staff unfriendly unapproachable
Mostly understaffed and overworked. Shifts are changed without any notice. It's exhausting. However, the home is clean and residents get the best care. It's just the staff that suffer here.
Pros
Good pay rates
Cons
Staff expected to do too much
I worked at ideal and it was the worst place I have ever worked , it is run by young staff and they think it is ok to bully and abuse staff. Shocking
3 on 3 off didnt happen, I had no balance of home and work. Management speaks to staff like they are dirt in front of others. Seriously don't care about the staff. Company has great morals just need to clear out the rubbish.
The staff are all lovely at Hambleton Grange ,it took me a while to settle as I had moved to a new area and job but the staff and management made me welcome and said there for me if needed them ,been there nearly 5 months and love it ,the residents are a delight to care for ,lovely company to work for ,always paid for my training and my wages paid in full in time every month
Put my all in to this job role and was supported by staff and managment in the early days! When I realised that the company would take take me for granted I made the decision to just work my contracted obligations.. I soon began to feel pushed out and uncomfortable when at work.. staff that once seemed nice suddenly went cold.. I can only put this down to influence from upper management? The attendance bonus wasn’t paid to me even though I earned it before they stopped the scheme. I was told by staff that my posts onto Facebook were not a true representation of the home..?? They were a true representation of my activity’s, which was my job... Although I loved this job role and the amazing residents I left after a year feeling really awful and as though nobody liked me and actually questioning my own personality... Since working here I have realised what I already knew.. it wasn’t me, it was them! So much happier now :) I must say, if your face fits it’s a great job and The Regional Activity Manager is very passionate about her job and will teach you well.
Was a lovely place to work, untill the new manager took over! He treats staff terrible, no respect for residents or families. Staff turnover is shocking! Such a shame as it was a lovely place to work. Care manager a disgrace aswell, covering stuff up together all the time. They lie to families then snigger at them when they walk away. Head office need to replace them asap.
Ive worked 2.30pm-10pm shift 8 mths now, Everyone tries to stick together care is demanding but the team are friendly and supportive some can be un motivated but we push them along to get jobs done, the Senior staff even the cleaners are chatty and supportive and the manager is kind but firm as he as standards to keep and rules and regulations to comply with. Fair pay, relaxed atmosphere and goodsrelationship
I worked for about a month as a chef/cook the kitchen is a mess the catering manager has no clue the management bury their heads in the sand and in this current climate like to break current regulations and laws and then fire you.
Pros
Cons
everything
It was a great experience, i was the first activity co-ordinator to start there so i found this very rewarding. Loved the organising and getting to know the residents. Great job.
I have worked at Ideal Carehomes Head Office for over 12 months and the team I work with is excellent. We work very hard but we still manage to have a laugh. We all get on really well and we support each other. I would recommend working for Ideal as the management take a genuine interest in all their staff and always looking at ways to make things better whether in terms of working environment, training needs and also regular pay reviews to make sure we are being paid better than the average.
The management in the larkhill hall branch is horrendously bad they have no shred of affection for the residents and they treat the staff like garbage they could care less about anyone but them selves
I work for this company in batley for a few years at first it was great and great working with all the girls that work their had a great team work great careers that look after the residence but when it comes to the manager and the deputy manager is a totally different is all about image and money and when you have a concern about a certain carer that is on drugs as you can smell this on this person and the manager and the deputy knows all about this but for some reason there cover all this up and especially when this lady is a senior and give out medication to the residents how can this company let it go on there seemed to hide at lots of things which I witnessed on a few times talking about the staff how some of them are rubbish and if your face fits well you will be ok but if it doesn't you know about it. If you have a problem and ask for help all you will get is stored in out your self the manager doesn't care about the great staff there have got and you wunder why staff leave and always asking for new staff and your stated time is 8AM but you have to be there at 7.45.7.50 so you can have the hand over and you do not get paid for this and if you clock in a 8am you will get told to be here at 7.45 and your fishing time is 8 pm you never get of there on time it can be 20.20 most off the time and yet again you don't get paid for it. The best thing I did was to leave and don't miss this place no more so if you do get a job there watch your back.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
No support at all from your manager.
never enough staff on all shifts ,staff are always back stabbing each other there not interested in the residents ,and the boss is a bully ,if you want rest of your holidays you have to work additional shifts otherwise she wont authorise them .avoid at all costs
  1. Employee reviews