Ifor Williams Trailers Ltd
Happiness score is 42 out of 100

Ifor Williams Trailers Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom82 reviews

Productive and a fun collaborative place to work

Featured review

Ifor Williams Trailers Ltd selected this as a representative review
Depending on the nature of the work you do it can be challenging to hit your targets which give you an incentive to push yourself harder to achieve the days goalsIve learned to be a better team member and my confidence has grown because of this.The managers take on board any issues or daily challenges we may face an ensure they try to resolve them to the best of their ability if they are unable to they will always provide an update as to why they can't and try to provide an alternative to the issue to resolve it.workplace culture is diverse and i have made many new friends the hardest part of the job is to hit the targets but it is achievable if you apply yourselfthe most enjoyable part of the job being part of a team

Pros

On site parking Company Pension

Cons

There's no real cons can be long days when working 12 hours

Mainly positive experience.

Uplift in pay welcomed, if a little overdue. Regular challenges and tasks for those wishing to progress. It isn't too hard to get recognised if you put the effort in. Typically promote from within first for most jobs as they (correctly) favour home grown talent. Current salaries are an improvement. As with any business, some managers are good and some not so good, but in general its a good place to work. The days certainly don't drag!

Insights into Ifor Williams Trailers Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Don't bother

Awful place and people to work for. Work lads are great and will have a good laugh most of the time but management are completely clueless!Always getting the basics wrong and treat the workers like rubbish. Pay is dreadful. They have started implementing new contracts but if you read the fine print you will understand why so many current workers have refused it. Be careful what you sign for if you are going to work for them.

Shocking !

You are just a number and easily replaceableDont really care about employeesSerious amount of employee turnover !Theres a reason for that ! Avoid like the plague !

Pros

Home time

Cons

One break in 12 hours and

Friendly and enjoyable but underpaid for work

Only been working here for 7 weeks ish but find colleagues friendly and helping and supervisor encouraging but I would say the pay to work isn't enough and does need revising as staff don't feel they are appreciated for their efforts

Boring

The work is good but the manager and one of his little team leader makes you feel like you are nobody, talks to you with no respect. And makes you feel like you not enjoying being there.

A masterclass in getting it wrong

For such a large and well know company, its amazing just how flawed it really is. Every single aspect of how this company goes about its business is truly backwards. People are leaving this company daily, and yet this company seems to not grasp why. They have implemented new contracts with big wages as there selling point, but trust me, read the fine print and you will understand why very few are interested. I couldn't recommend anyone to work for IforWilliams, but if you are interested in applying, just be careful what you're signing up for.

Pros

There's a carpark

Cons

There's too many to list here

Management ain't got a clue and treat people like pigs

Get blamed for things when management make mistakes because management can't take the blame for there poor management skills, the whole company needs sorting out top to bottom, owners need to take a long hard look at the business before it's to late

Avoid...

I worked at ifors Williams for many years and at the start was promised a full time position as I was taken on temporarily as an agency. And let's just say after the years I learned there wasn't a full time position at the cynwyd site.During my time the work got more and more stressful as people we're leaving so more jobs had to be shared and taken on and when the TL we're told I can't do that or I'm struggling to balance everything just got told to get on with it and suck it up... was doing a 2 man job for a wage that was slightly above minimum wage. No Thanks. My time was done.

Pros

Free cup of tea at break time. Probably the only positive

Cons

Everything.

Loads of opportunitys

This company is really investing in its peoplle. Their are loads of different contracts you can chose from with different types of shift patterns. Loads of opportunitys to apply to move upwards. Their is a welding academy running and you can apply to move into team leader and deputy team leader jobs. Good place to work but it is hard work but hard work does get recognised and rewarded.

Pros

Good facilities during break times

Dependable enviorment

Wish didn't have to feel as a prisoner every time I would ask for anything. One of the team leaders won't leave you even for a second and he will be automatically unhappy no matter how good job have you done. Makes you feel unappreciated. Wish there was more sense of care towards the staff. Less arrogance and more emphaty will deffo help the place.

Stressful, badly managed.

Was a good place to work for 2 years, then went down hill worked in man weld if it wasn’t lack off parts which was biggest problem, then you had no welding set or no torch and then had to go looking for one to take out off another bay and leave them with nothing. I don’t know where the £50 million investment went but not into the first stage of manufacture. Pressure from the time off management when problems are not created by yourself. Many team leader have left and people from HR and above have left.

Pros

No bonus at Christmas but a mince pie and coffee

Cons

PPE was hidden by people so we couldn’t use it.

Great hours and guaranteed 3 day weekends.

Its my first job but hours suit and its good money. The team are a laugh and we all get on with it. Theres lots to learn and Im shown what to do, the guys are always willing to support me.

Pros

Every weekend off

Cons

Only 1 break

Hard work

Really enjoyed working here. Hard graft and fast pace but if you can keep up its actually is easy and simple.The lads i worked with where boss and i was gutted i had to leave.

Pros

Good work mates. Always having a laugh

Cons

Fast pace heavy lifting

Good Teamwork and trying to make a better place of work.

I think Ifor Williams is definitley now trying to encourage good employees with decent pay and contracts. It looks like they are looking to the future.

Pros

Good money for the new contracts, stability.

Cons

Long hours, but you'll get used to it for fair pay.

Machine Operator - Good job security

Shift goes quick your always busy. Good lads on my shift and Team Leader looks after us. Would recommend if your looking for steady job and good pay.

Pros

Good team to work with

Cons

Cold sometimes on shopfloor

Terrible place to work!

After working there for nearly 5 years i can tell you that staff are treated bad by management and are not appreciated at all! To anyone thinking about applying here, I highly recommend you don't bother.

Pros

Long term work.

Cons

Bad management and many others!

Poor management, H&S awful, Equipment very old and not reliable,

Don't work here management are inept, no support always telling you how bad your work is, the new shifts are a joke avoid at all costs, colleagues are good everything else is dire. Oh you do get free water (no cups thou)

Pros

Cons

Free air

Poor management

I was delighted when I first started at IWT. I heard that the company was a respected one, a leading trailer manufacturer, and an overall good place to work. Starting off great working with a good group of people, but then things changed. Due to managerial issues and the lack of good descions, things quickly went south! Stress, depression, anxiety, no help, blame culture, few of things I and other colleagues went through during our time with the company. We constantly asked for help, but nothing was done about it. Not once were we asked if we were ok, or if we needed help, nothing, no thought for our well being or mental health. Great staff have come and gone, all feeling the same way, all because the managers wanted to turn out a few trailers! Seeing there new careers website, please don't be fooled by the smiling faces. Looking at their current careers drive, nothing much has changed.

Pros

Excellent staff

Cons

Poor management

Decent work force

Believe times have changed since I was there especially money wise as overall it’s not a bad place, work lads are good and probably ideal if your local to the firm as drive can be a nightmare at times though was like being in school with management at times especially trying to get a toilet break or just a quick drink

Pros

Weekends off

Cons

Driving there

Horrible place to work, poor management, no communication between anyone at any level and generally a toxic environment - quite clearly favoritism within the company and there was no personal growth

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ifor Williams Trailers Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement