Ifor Williams Trailers Ltd

Ifor Williams Trailers Ltd Employee Reviews

You waste loads of time looking for stuff' And bringing jigs in and out from outside jigs are all rusty.. Just no organisation in Corwen that's why they have a high turn over of shop floor staff, A very frustrating place to work it was for me anyway.
Pros
Weekend off and bank holidays
Cons
Shifts
Bad bad place to work stay well clear team leaders think there big time just a proper poor place to work was only ever temporary for me feel sorry for anyone that works there you have to be desperate
Pros
Cons
Horrible team leaders poor management
I worked here for several weeks as an agency worker as a stop gap. I am of an age that my parents forced me to work from 16 so i do understand the expectation of work!! I must admit reading some comments on here before starting i was a bit sceptical but I enjoyed it. I have worked in manufacturing for 30 years and most factories are the same labour turn over is high here half of the younger generation walk in when they want to and turn up when they like and try and get away with the bare minimum. My team leader was very help-full and i must admit I sympathise with him as every day we were missing parts. Health and safety within the factory was very good. Lots of excess stock around the factory needs a warehouse! The pay is not in line with other manufacturers that are similar there is no shift allowance on shifts, no attendance bonus Im told although there are people missing daily on the lines. Some very good workers need to keep them.
Pros
Relaxed, good experience
Cons
No shift allowance- pay slightly under the average.
Very unfriendly and pressurised place to work in. Seems good from the interview and at the start but a lot is expected of you. You are just another number to them.
Pros
Successful growing company
Cons
Stressful
Joke of a company with no regard for its workforce or human beings on the whole. Clueless team leaders constantly cracking the whip whilst you break your back for peanuts. Company interviewed people and gave jobs to them for a shift that never even happened. Not so much as an apology was forth coming from the powers that be to all the people they lied to and messed around. Lost count of the amount of people that left daily in my short time there.
Pros
Cons
Plenty
I worked here for 6 months during 2019. I began at the company with the hope of forging a new career in a new work sector. However once I started, I knew from the get go that I would not be staying. The organisation was non existent with the entire factory an utter shambles with materials stored in a way which resembled a jumble sale in a village hall as opposed to a modern day manufacturing site. Metal components dumped outside in the yard and getting corroded to the point that they were getting rejected. The lines were always stopping because the materials were not at lineside where needed. Health and Safety was poor with a couldn't care less attitude - rubbish and stock blocking walkways. Management were appalling and treated staff so - no wonder they are always advertising.
Cons
Shift work is 6-2 & 2-10 with no shift allowance. Management are incompetent, ignorant and disrespectful. Pressured into doing overtime with threats of lay offs or disciplinary action. Unfair pay with ever promised pay rises which never materialise. No empathy towards family problems/situations leading to off.. instead discipline you. 0/10
Cons
Very disappointed with the way I was treated but the people who work at ifor Williams on the shop floor are good lads its just a shame the management of the company aren't the same.
Working at ifors was very fast paced, they wanted more minutes instead of quality of the work so it was hard to get used to the fast pace and get every little thing spot on but to gain experience it was good.
The company was very good to work for, the people were amazing and it was almost like a family! The managment on the other hand were the opposite and at some parts seemed like they were out to get you. The shift patterns were good for a basic life style and social life style, the main benefits has got to be the pay! But managment weren't the best at all
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ifor Williams Trailers Ltd?
Shift pattern was 6-2 or 2-10 revolving, good rate of pay, but you have to be dedicated and punctual. Worst shift was overtime on Saturday after late finish on Friday, but we’ll worth it financially. Only left because I was offered a permanent job elsewhere.
I say it was good, however they were very picky and choosy. you had to really be on the ball. they were also very picky. i really got into the paint spraying side of it though.
Where do I start, the PPE is terrible, they have machine operators working next to open drums of welding extraction dust and label the drums as "oily rags" they cancel your holidays without notice, 2 lates and you are fired despite the fact they are based in literally the middle of nowhere with some of the worst roads in North Wales to contend with. Night shift manager is a doddery old man who clearly lost any pride he had for his job many years ago. They don't pay you what they say will after begging you to do overtime to pull them out of the mess they make for themselves. The steel is all Chinese trash these days, from what I have been told by the older heads who worked there a while it used to be a fantastic company but since Ifor stepped down it has gone to ruin. They won't employ agency staff full time, instead they would rather just have a revolving door policy and throw as many people through the front door as they can to find those nuggets who will tolerate being there. I can honestly say this company is on the decline in a big way. Disgusting place to work.
A good company to work for as long as you are willing to work hard a good bunch of lads work there and it’s a secure job as long as you turn up to work on time and do your fair share of work
Job very repetitive, always part shortages and continual change overs. Trainee operator train other trainee operator so mistakes are being passed on from operator to operator.
I really enjoy working with Ifor Williams, great support, great structure! I can see my self developing a long career with a good level of personal development.
If hard work and constant pressure to achieve impossible targets then try working here. 1 half hour break in an 8 hour shift is the only time you'll rest. If you hit the target they just put it up even higher, no praise or thanks from the team leaders when you hit the target. Been here 6 months and desperate to get out. Huge turnover of staff, people constantly leaving. AVOID at all costs unless you are desperate for money.
Pros
Money has just gone up
Cons
Hard work no rest
shocking work environment, horrible treatment rubbish pay!
Pros
Cons
everything
I have just left working there, the main reason was health and safety, as in they have little regard for it. I was employed as a flt driver and was there for 15 months, and it progressively got worse. It is chaotic, and out of control. The management is very poor, and spend most of the day firefighting( because they are constantly looking for parts ), and not seeing the bigger picture. The factory is a tip, people working in cramped conditions, surrounded by stock and waste packaging strewn accross the floor. Flt drivers having to lift wide and heavy loads over workstations, and stock!
Pros
25 days holidays plus bank holidays
Cons
Everything else
Official response from Ifor Williams Trailers Ltd
31 July 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.At Ifor Williams Trailers, the health & safety of employees is our first priority. All employees attend a full site safety induction that includes training on hazard reporting – SEE IT, REPORT IT. In fact, we have a strong H&S record. We have robust mechanisms in place to identify any potential H&S issues. This structured system allows us to implement any relevant changes, as and when necessary, in the timeliest manner possible. Our Group Health and Safety Manager visited Sandycroft 7 occasions in the past 4 weeks with no adverse finding and with no concerns reported by FLT drivers. Feedback such as this is taken very seriously and we have very recently taken the opportunity to conduct a refresher safety briefing to all FLT drivers in Sandycroft reiterating our safety requirements.As to the balance of your wider comments, your description is not one that we recognise. The Sandycroft site is a busy and successful site but standards of tidiness and safe operating procedures remain at the forefront of all operations on site. Best of luck in your future career.Richard Hughes, HR Manager, Ifor Williams Trailers Limited
I worked at the Sandycroft site for almost 6 months and really enjoyed my time. The only reason I have left is due to my partner having different hours. Great operators, helpful Team Leaders and overall decent place to work. I would return if my circumstances were different.
Pros
Rotating - Not staying on the same job
I have been working at the Sandycroft site for a few months now, to start with the atmosphere was ok. I started to make friends and if it wasn't for them, I would have left the first month of starting. Staff constantly come and go, no training is given to anyone who starts as they expect you to shadow someone for a few hours and then you are left to it. The team leaders are awful, especially one in particular as he thinks he is above all and will speak to you like you are nobody. Factory is more quantity than quality, the amount of Horseboxes that get passed damaged is appalling considering customers are paying £££ for their trailers. They have no stock around you so you are walking out to the yard to get it yourself as the wait for a forklift driver will take about an hour, then you get mouthed at for being behind with your work and told not to go outside. Team leaders have no idea what they are doing, my team leader told me the job I do, which takes me 33 minutes, they could do in 10!! Unless you are management, you are treated like nobody. If only management would look after their employees and treat them with respect, maybe they would hit target on Horse-boxes and willing to work. Currently, the attitude of management needs improving, no wonder staff are not hitting targets anymore as they are being pressured and spoken to like dirt. We all understand there is target to hit, but nobody should ever feel to be a nobody. So today I keep myself to myself as all the people I made friends with over the last few months have now left to better opportunities.
Pros
Hourly rate is ok
Cons
Management have no idea. Shift pattern isn't the best.