IHS Markit

IHS Markit

IHS Markit Employee Review

Fantastic place to work for me

Unfortunately, I was made redundant. I miss my job so much. I miss my colleagues and my work. It was the best job I have ever had. I have another job now, but find myself feeling critical of the way they do things because I feel I was able to do things so much better at IHS Markit.

Pros

Cons

Redundancy

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Inconsistent

Due to the numerous acquisitions over the years, the company isn't well integrated. There is much jockeying for positions among mid-level managers, so it's easy to get lost in the shuffle. The top-level vision is well communicated in town halls and the like, but the execution gets lost by the top-heavy management structure. A lack of proper investment in some software products has led to the loss of business, prospects, and even employees to competitors over the last couple of years.

Pros

Some teams work well with each other

Cons

Lack of meaningful communication

A fun and rewarding place to work.

This was possibly the best job I ever had. Indeed the years at IHS Market were my most enjoyable from a professional point of view. Only the lack of career progression opportunities lead to my moving on after several very happy years.

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

Long hours plus office based working

Really incredible corporate culture

It will depend on your department and what role you are doing but there is a lot on offer not only benefits but holistically and opportunities to learn too. It is what you make of it.

Pros

Progressive company culture

Cons

Development will depend on your skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IHS Markit. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare IHS Markit with

Learn about IHS Markit in popular locations

• IHS Markit
  • Fantastic place to work for me
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?