IKEA

IKEA Employee Reviews

I work in kitchens sales. You will never plan the same kitchen twice, so it is always changing. The IT tools that we have are rubbish, but the work environment is relaxed.
Pros
Staff discount, cheap/free meals
Cons
Work life balance is bad
Staff get into groups and if you are lucky you will fit in to one. People who creep get on really well but if you just do your job and cause no issues you get forgotten.
Pros
Good food most of the time
Cons
Staff very clicky stick to theie groups
Best company to work for, kind, compassionate, family values, values oriented. Living wage, uniform provided, employee discount, Easter and Christmas presents, staff parties and tertial department get togethers. Excellent company benefits.
Pros
Used to have face to face interviews, hand picked
Cons
Scotland chooses employees now
Good company culture, nice experience, different than typical English culture. I did enjoy this work a lot. Fun colleagous, tasty food, big discount in restaurant , respectful attitude from management to employees . Diverse culture, many different nationalities, friendly.
Pros
easy job relationships
Cons
no cons
It is a bad place to work for and there is a lot of bulling from a lot peopleManagement is scaring older workers that they are nogood and useless it's mainly one group people it is mainly due to the management like to o use fear tactics
Pros
Not alot
Cons
Lucy clark
Throw away the management and pay the engineers a wage that will attract them to come into the job, while I was there 10 engineers came and went. A combination of a lazy line manager & terrible general manager and laughable pay meant only the inexperienced and retirement engineers applied.
Pros
Meet some great people who became great friends
Cons
Pay is rubbish and management corrupt
Coworkers are respectful as to are the managers. Pay is good when comparing the job role to other companies or agencies. The company itself has its own culture and values which are unique.
When I first started at IKEA it was fantastic. Now it's not about the coworker it's about money. There is too much them and us. And some of the ones who become managers forget where they started and it goes to their head and you just get ignored . The team in the department are great. The pay isn't great for the workload involved and stress is far to common in the workplace at the moment
Pros
Subsidiesed co worker restaurant. Xmas gift
Cons
Too much hierarchy
Great people good company, a good job is a great career of others don’t spoil it at work for everyone. Good atmosphere for working with like minded colleagues
Pros
Good parking
Cons
Busy store daily
Eu trabalhei nesta empresa por 6 anos, e foi uma experiência sensacional.
Pros
Ambiente de trabalho
Cons
Gostaria de ter tido mais oportunidades
Worked in what used to be commercial services which is no longer in the contact centre but all in all, it's a good company to work for. Decent staff, a big company so you will get clicky groups.
Pros
Decent breaks, free lunch options
Cons
Management weren't very approachable
A re-structure where my role hadn't been affected was interpreted differently to suit the stores preference at the time, after challenging my position their mind was already made up and they were not prepared to accept a mistake had been made. I was made redundant and they employed someone else 6 months later.I worked extremely hard many years and felt that this had no value.I did however, have some incredible opportunities offered to me from higher levels but these were restricted terribly and further opportunities were taken away from me because I was lead to believe my presence in the store was required more importantly.
IKEA Lakeside is a terrible company to work for. Unless your a yes person and agree to everything up management say your given very little support, there is very little flexibility when it comes to working patterns and they want you to be perfect but they dont give you the time to complete tasks before given you the next one then they're surprised when things aren't done to their standards.
Pros
subsidised lunches
Cons
long hours, low pay, little advancement
working at IKEA you are expected to do quite a lot just in one shift whether it's busy or not, some departments have it a lot easier than others.there is loads of opportunity for overtime and is very good pay for students etcI enjoyed working here overall but management can make it less enjoyable sometimesyou don't get a break on a 4-hour shift which is annoying but you can get hot meals at a discounted price on your break
Pros
good pay, overtime, discounts
Cons
management
I worked at IKEA for a number of years and the culture of the entire company changed after the founder died. They expect you to go above and beyond for the buisness at the expense of yourself and your wellbeing. Instead of actually helping staff in need, the virtue signal and call themselves champions of mental health all the while putting more and more pressure on their staff. This horrible atmosphere had only been made worse by the pandemic and I was constantly made to feel unsafe while working. Make sure you dont suffer from any long time illness or mental health problems because you will be penalized because of it.
Pros
Subsidised meals
Cons
Staggered hours, poor management, bullying
When I first received my job offer from IKEA I was ecstatic, but 3 months in and I'm literally having to force myself into work. I have had 3 or 4 managers in the space of 3 months, I never really know what is going on due to poor communication from management, and I have not been trained properly. If you apply for a warehouse job, expect to teach yourself because the managers certainly won't teach you much if anything at all. On my first shift, I was handed over to a coworker for a few hours and that was about it. Most coworkers are lovely, but also seems quite cliquey. I'm socially awkward so I'm not great with people anyway, but I have felt incredibly lonely in my time here and I have cried more times at work than I'd like to admit. I work hard and always make sure I do as much as I can, but there is a lack of encouragement from management. Instead, they will focus on your 1-minute lates and talk about you. If not for the few lovely co-workers I have met, I would not have lasted this long.
Pros
Free healthy meal
Cons
very poor management
The company itself is not bad, but too many managers are corrupt, and don't follow health and safety laws, and also refuse to comply with COVID-19 guidelines. If you insist on following health and safety regulations you will be victimised. The so called "Code of Conduct" is a farce, because of the managers, not the co-workers.
Pros
The pay is not bad.
Cons
Corrupt management.
The environment is fast paced and can be stressful at times, but the staff and management are all very supportive and will help with training as needed. There are many contracted hours to choose from to suit a wide range of people - there is a real good mix of backgrounds there. You can work with other teams to do overtime and learn more about the organisation, as well as take career breaks and the like. Really enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Reduced food cost, very supportive team, good mix of people, great learning opportunities
Cons
Very busy at times, upsell vital
At IKEA you get alot of benefits, free food, and discounts in multiple other shops. Every Christmas you yet a free gift, previous gifts have been a nutri-bullet, amazon echo and Sony bluetooth headphones.I worked in 2 IKEA stores (Southampton and Wembley) and I loved one and hated the other. The management at Wembley are not nice, and could learn alot from shadowing the Southampton store. Wembley is not efficient at all and it was very stressful to work in an unorganised environment.
Pros
Cheap Lunch
Cons
Varying management styles
Shift patterns play havoc with your home life. Very clicky. You get promoted because you conform and agree with the managers. If you have ideas you are seen as a threat. Managers taken on from outside the company soon leave as their ideas and suggestions are side lined. There are some good TL’s but most suddenly become busy when you are in need of help if you have a call you need assistance with.Free parking and lunches are a bonus as well as cake on lots of occasions.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Unsupportive Team Leaders
I worked for IKEA very recently via the Blue Arrow agency.The worst part is the silly hours and shift patterns, absolutely bizarre in this day and age.There is no work/life balance so you will feel very tired and stressed all the time.There is a them and us culture with Blue Arrow and IKEA staff.The IKEA and Blue Arrow team leaders are absolutely clueless with no regard to your skill set.I found them very arrogant and nasty at times.They will bark orders and not talk normally to you.I became depressed working here,I felt very undervalued and underused and had to leave.The current COVID-19 precautions are exhausting as you have to walk miles on a one way system and the clocking out procedure when you go home takes far too long and is overly complicated.The only reasonable thing is the pay,it is £10.50 after LLOP training but you will not always get to use one once trained.The banding of pallets which I had to do is an old hat victorian era system and IKEA should immediately improve that process,a man made stick with banding attached through a rope loop is caveman like.It is every man /woman for himself in the Peterborough depot and I grew not to trust anyone in it.There are backstabbers everywhere,they pick on you for the slightest thing.They are bullies!!The IKEA mythology and ethos is an absolute joke and blatant lies.Not world class at all,in fact bottom of the class.IKEA are you listening?
Pros
adequate pay to start
Cons
silly, bizarre shift patterns, no work/life balance, stupid managers, old machinery and archaic work processes
  1. Employee reviews