IKEA

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Culture & Values makes IKEA more than just a workplace

Featured review

IKEA selected this as a representative review
When you are a part of this company you feel a strong sense of togetherness across the organisation and functions. This is a value-driven company with a culture that encourages collaboration and innovation across the organisation. The reason why I joined this company is because of the culture and the bigger IKEA purpose of creating a better everyday life for the many. You can see and feel this purpose in the big initiatives connected to sustainability and to be an employer that cares about people and planet. It could be anything from having a proactive approach to equal pay, to having staff benefits that makes life easier outside work. I think what's unique about IKEA is that you can actually feel the vision and the "bigger picture" no matter what function you belong to. In IKEA I feel that I can fully be myself at work and be surrounded by diverse and great colleagues. We encourage each other to challenge ourselves and to learn and grow without the fear of making mistakes. I have worked in 2 different countries in IKEA and although they are very different the culture and the inclusiveness is the same. Being a big retailer there is a lot of career paths and growth opportunities in various parts. I feel encouraged by my manager to have an active development plan and to take responsibility for my learning and development with the support from leaders. Like any other job, every day has its challenges and ups and downs but I feel that there is a strong foundation for me to grow and develop.

Productive and fun workplace

Always kept busy, get to try different departments, nice team to work withKept everyone on during lockdownsLots of opportunity to progress if you want to

Happy and equal working environment

the whole team is quite international and everybody are equal and there is not much pressure on the working environment. Also the company provides very generous staff discount and food at very low cost.

Asked to do things above your pay grade

The day to day life is pretty simple, and the people you work with a nice but those in management aren’t very aware of the real situation, that made it hard to reach expectations as it was always unrealistic

Good company culture to work.

The most enjoyable as a team is working with different backgrounds.And I am happy to learn a lot of different things which they would like to share from IKEA.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

need to work on a holiday.

Pathetic company

This place is a joke. Managers look down on you I disgust most of the time. You are basically on minimum wage while the managers are on £50000 a year.

Not satisfied

While I was working at IKEA in Peterborough I felt like I was getting stressed a lot of the time because of you need help you very rarely get it and when you do it can take weeks. I also feel that the management think less of the English people there and I am not the only one to be made to feel this way. Not satisfied and not a good place to work.

Good

Some wicked staff but let down by management. Salary pay is poor but hourly pay is good. Work life balance isn’t the best but it’s retail. Good training and progression it just takes a long time

Good place to work, friendly staff - relaxed atmosphere at times good management. Co worker discount, cheaper lunch meals when on shift, good holiday entitlement

Pros

Cheap lunches, friendly staff, good pay, free car parking, cycle to work scheme, sustainable, co worker discount and good holidays

fun

I think Ikea was a great place for me to start off it was somewhere that helped me exceed in confidence, being more independent and outgoing, passionate

Unless you desperately need a job don’t work here.

Lack of communication between departments, poor organisation and bullying. You really have to not care about anything otherwise you really cannot turn a blind eye.

Pros

Subsidised meals

Cons

Not many career prospects

Good pay and alright work

At times, it can become super busy but most people you work with are aware that it can stressful and do what they can to support. Good pay for a retail/food service job given most wouldn’t pay living wage. Free and cheap food, usually decent options. Only con is that getting your contract increased can be a hassle as they don’t seem to want to give you the benefits of more hours.

Pros

Food, pay, other co-workers

Cons

No full time available

Interview process was straightforward, workload wasn’t too intense with the self-serve approach, even when the store was busy. The employee restaurant was nice to have.

It's ok.

It's a job, you'll have a much better experience if you work on sales/comin or customer service than logistics or replen. If your good with words you'll go far fast. Do not necessarily need skill to progress it's who you know.

Good culture

IKEA was a good place to work. The company culture was great the pay was good and they looked after you. The only issue was the unsociable working hours. The work colleagues was the best part of job.

Goo place to work, great colleagues who work in unison. Great culture, constantly moving arranging things and setting up different furniture that is to be placed on display

great pay

when you start off working there everyone is lovely but once you’ve been there for more than a month they tend to just forget about you. very stressful and fast paced.

Great first job

IKEA was my first job, the pay was great compared to what others my age were earning. The job was never too difficult and if it ever was then the management was always there to help.

Great workplace.

I worked with an agency in ikea and All the workers are good to be around, they uplift you and guide you whenever you need assistance, i worked on market hall, textiles and i enjoyed it loads. Every day i was happy helping others around me and staying happily focused

Pros

free food, good pay, laughter everyday, happy people, all workers greeting you.

Cons

nothing

No communication. unrealistic expectations

Stressful working conditions. Not enough training to complete the job properly but expected to know what you're doing off the bat. Given an incident warning for the smallest of things. Expected to be there and ready for shift far too early before the shift start time, Managment too uptight sometimes. Not many routes for progression, if at all.

Stressful and Hectic

Work two late nights a week and have to work Saturday and Sunday three weeks out of four, can get moved around the store depending on what departments are struggling (code7) .Every team leader is trying to get one over the other one's. Loads of rules to follow, don't break them or you will get a file note and the team leaders love handing those out. Staff are friendly but the management are up there own backside.

Pros

Cheap canteen

Cons

Work 3/4 weekends and can be made to work six days on the trot.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IKEA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement