IKEA

IKEA Employee Reviews

You may get the moody customers but everything else is good. Pay is good, discounted food If you want overtime there’s availability. Everyone is friendly
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Annoying customers
The Store management very poor. They have no idea what they doing. The other manager no communication no knowledge. Only promotion when you friend or family.
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Terrible managmrnt
The most depressing job EVER. Customers are allowed to scream all kinds of abuse at you and get away with it. You’re not allowed to hang up no matter what they say. For forbid you need to use the toilet outside of your breaks. 10 minute breaks at that. You get timed each time and I’ve you go over the set time a day frequently you’ll be called up on it to explain why you went over. No respect or care from any of the managers at all. No one is on your side there at all. If you work here make sure you take off 2 sick days even if you’re only sick for 1. Being off for 2 days works out better for your sick score and you in the long run.
Cons
Excellent company, very busy but fun. You are definitely part of a family when you work for IKEA. Great support from colleagues, Good lunches, decent discount.
Pros
Free lunch, family feel, Xmas party, bonuses, great atmosphere
Cons
Staff get into groups and if you are lucky you will fit in to one. People who creep get on really well but if you just do your job and cause no issues you get forgotten.
Pros
Good food most of the time
Cons
Staff very clicky stick to theie groups
I work in kitchens sales. You will never plan the same kitchen twice, so it is always changing. The IT tools that we have are rubbish, but the work environment is relaxed.
Pros
Staff discount, cheap/free meals
Cons
Work life balance is bad
Best company to work for, kind, compassionate, family values, values oriented. Living wage, uniform provided, employee discount, Easter and Christmas presents, staff parties and tertial department get togethers. Excellent company benefits.
Pros
Used to have face to face interviews, hand picked
Cons
Scotland chooses employees now
Good company culture, nice experience, different than typical English culture. I did enjoy this work a lot. Fun colleagous, tasty food, big discount in restaurant , respectful attitude from management to employees . Diverse culture, many different nationalities, friendly.
Pros
easy job relationships
Cons
no cons
It is a bad place to work for and there is a lot of bulling from a lot peopleManagement is scaring older workers that they are nogood and useless it's mainly one group people it is mainly due to the management like to o use fear tactics
Pros
Not alot
Cons
Lucy clark
Throw away the management and pay the engineers a wage that will attract them to come into the job, while I was there 10 engineers came and went. A combination of a lazy line manager & terrible general manager and laughable pay meant only the inexperienced and retirement engineers applied.
Pros
Meet some great people who became great friends
Cons
Pay is rubbish and management corrupt
Coworkers are respectful as to are the managers. Pay is good when comparing the job role to other companies or agencies. The company itself has its own culture and values which are unique.
When I first started at IKEA it was fantastic. Now it's not about the coworker it's about money. There is too much them and us. And some of the ones who become managers forget where they started and it goes to their head and you just get ignored . The team in the department are great. The pay isn't great for the workload involved and stress is far to common in the workplace at the moment
Pros
Subsidiesed co worker restaurant. Xmas gift
Cons
Too much hierarchy
Great people good company, a good job is a great career of others don’t spoil it at work for everyone. Good atmosphere for working with like minded colleagues
Pros
Good parking
Cons
Busy store daily
Eu trabalhei nesta empresa por 6 anos, e foi uma experiência sensacional.
Pros
Ambiente de trabalho
Cons
Gostaria de ter tido mais oportunidades
Worked in what used to be commercial services which is no longer in the contact centre but all in all, it's a good company to work for. Decent staff, a big company so you will get clicky groups.
Pros
Decent breaks, free lunch options
Cons
Management weren't very approachable
A re-structure where my role hadn't been affected was interpreted differently to suit the stores preference at the time, after challenging my position their mind was already made up and they were not prepared to accept a mistake had been made. I was made redundant and they employed someone else 6 months later.I worked extremely hard many years and felt that this had no value.I did however, have some incredible opportunities offered to me from higher levels but these were restricted terribly and further opportunities were taken away from me because I was lead to believe my presence in the store was required more importantly.
IKEA Lakeside is a terrible company to work for. Unless your a yes person and agree to everything up management say your given very little support, there is very little flexibility when it comes to working patterns and they want you to be perfect but they dont give you the time to complete tasks before given you the next one then they're surprised when things aren't done to their standards.
Pros
subsidised lunches
Cons
long hours, low pay, little advancement
working at IKEA you are expected to do quite a lot just in one shift whether it's busy or not, some departments have it a lot easier than others.there is loads of opportunity for overtime and is very good pay for students etcI enjoyed working here overall but management can make it less enjoyable sometimesyou don't get a break on a 4-hour shift which is annoying but you can get hot meals at a discounted price on your break
Pros
good pay, overtime, discounts
Cons
management
I worked at IKEA for a number of years and the culture of the entire company changed after the founder died. They expect you to go above and beyond for the buisness at the expense of yourself and your wellbeing. Instead of actually helping staff in need, the virtue signal and call themselves champions of mental health all the while putting more and more pressure on their staff. This horrible atmosphere had only been made worse by the pandemic and I was constantly made to feel unsafe while working. Make sure you dont suffer from any long time illness or mental health problems because you will be penalized because of it.
Pros
Subsidised meals
Cons
Staggered hours, poor management, bullying
When I first received my job offer from IKEA I was ecstatic, but 3 months in and I'm literally having to force myself into work. I have had 3 or 4 managers in the space of 3 months, I never really know what is going on due to poor communication from management, and I have not been trained properly. If you apply for a warehouse job, expect to teach yourself because the managers certainly won't teach you much if anything at all. On my first shift, I was handed over to a coworker for a few hours and that was about it. Most coworkers are lovely, but also seems quite cliquey. I'm socially awkward so I'm not great with people anyway, but I have felt incredibly lonely in my time here and I have cried more times at work than I'd like to admit. I work hard and always make sure I do as much as I can, but there is a lack of encouragement from management. Instead, they will focus on your 1-minute lates and talk about you. If not for the few lovely co-workers I have met, I would not have lasted this long.
Pros
Free healthy meal
Cons
very poor management
The company itself is not bad, but too many managers are corrupt, and don't follow health and safety laws, and also refuse to comply with COVID-19 guidelines. If you insist on following health and safety regulations you will be victimised. The so called "Code of Conduct" is a farce, because of the managers, not the co-workers.
Pros
The pay is not bad.
Cons
Corrupt management.
  1. Employee reviews