IKEA

IKEA Employee Reviews for Cashier

IKEA is a great company to work for. HR department second to none. Job itself is a bit boring but progression opportunity is there, as well as the chance to move between departments.
Bullied out of work, lack of support with issues at work, double standards depending on ethnic background, forced out of a job due to manipulative tactics. Good luck.
My job on the IKEA checkouts was quite stressful but the management were extremely supportive and there was a collaborative, communal atmosphere in the workplace. Whenever I made a mistake a team leader was always on hand to offer advice and support in a way that was both reassuring and constructive. My experience at IKEA was very positive and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in this role.
Not the best place to work. No full time hours on checkouts so you can’t really live off Ikea’s pay alone. Wouldn’t go back there. One good thing was discount on food at breaks.
typical day at work was really fun, every shift was not predictable at all which made it enjoyable to go in every time. the company itself treats you very well.
At the induction, they ask you what hours/days you can work, you specify, in my case no weekends as I have children, at the interview I was told I would have to work weekends. There were people there who didn't work weekends or at least had a Sunday off for church. I ended up leaving after a year because of my parental commitments. No one cared and after I left people were all awarded weekends off!
everyone seems friendly and happy someone to talk to and happy to help you if you need it the only downside is working so many weekends 3 in 1 off.
I loved working at IKEA. The staff are like family- a home from home. As a checkouts assistant it can get very busy but the days goes fast and you are well looked after there. With many opportunities. Only sad side was no full time hours which lead to my decision to leave but I would go back in a heatlrt beat if the hours where there. :)
Work is hard and but rewarding if working with the right team. Overtime is hard to find as hours are tight, especially in the checkout department so make sure you get the right contract for you. Training opportunities could be better, at the moment it isn't clear how to apply to extra training courses, and you have to be approved by your manager, so you rely on them to be on the same page as you or want you to have that training which I personally have been having trouble with. I love my team and a lot of the people who work there are such lovely people who make you feel comfortable at work. However, there is also a sense of 'groups', a definite divide between management and the co-workers and also between Showroom/Markethall and Checkouts/IF. Overall there is a good sense of teamwork, as long as you're in the right team and are friends with the right people. As someone on a 12 hour contract on checkouts, it is near impossible for me to move or develop as my manager does't want me progressing and I don't have opportunities to meet other co-workers in different departments so can't build that relationship which could help me move departments.
Pros
Separate co-worker restaurant, good pay
Cons
Limited hours, based on popularity
Working at IKEA was a great experience, they treat their staff very well. The staff facilities are really good and the have a number of opportunities.
I started working for IKEA in 2013. My buddy, for training, on my first day, was the Store Manager himself. I decided that if the Manager could help a greeter on their first day, and make it fun, it was going to be a great place to work!
Pros
Free healthy option lunches
Cons
Not too many full time positions in the UK
Ikea management treat and train their employees very well. They are understanding and flexible. Employees get lots of benefits and the pay is well above minimum wage.
Pros
Christmas Gifts
Cons
Weekend work required
Excellent company to work for, great benefits and salary A typical day in Checkouts consist in processing custome'rs payments and dealing with enquiries in a friendly manner. the managment team is really supportive towards the team in any situation,
IKEA offers many diverse avenues of opportunities ranging from logistics to customer service allowing co-works to diversify and explore routes they may never have considered before.
No single day was same as every day came with a new experience. Every day was like opening a Christmas gift, you do not know if you will love the day or go home saying what a day. But then there were certain colleagues and customers to put the smile back on the face.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
long late hours
There isn't a typical day at IKEA Nottingham. I grew up working there and became the reliable employee i am today from IKEA. A busy place to work with lots of customer interaction. Great people to work with all working towards the same thing. Worst part of the job was unfair rotas and holiday allocations along with the long weekend hours
Pros
All of the co-worker benefits, on the the better paid weekend jobs
Cons
long hours, weekend work and unfair holidays and rotas
If you get employed as a checkouts operator, expect to spend 6/8/12 hours standing at the checkout every single shift for 6 months (this is your probation period). Even when I only had a 4 hour shift, it felt long & dreary. Once you clock in, expect to stand in the same spot constantly the entire day - very, very boring job. I left after 3 months.
Pros
Free lunch on fridays
Cons
Long, boring days spent in the one place
As a corporation, it's one of the better ones to work for. No fulfilment but good pay and hours and perks. If you have a passion for retail, it's one of the best paid and best caring companies to work for.
Benefits- cheap food, 15% co-worker discount for the store and the Swedish food market, Christmas present. Hardest part of the job and disadvantages: Working under lots of pressure and most of the time we are understaffed, working on the weekends and bank holidays. Not enough working hours.
all staff get on well and help each other out as much as possible, a lot of team building days too.
Pros
free lunches, free gift every month
Cons
very busy!!!
very well looked after, great time, great people, good benefits
Pros
free drinks and lunch, discounts
Cons
just wasnt for me