IKEA

IKEA Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Shift patterns play havoc with your home life. Very clicky. You get promoted because you conform and agree with the managers. If you have ideas you are seen as a threat. Managers taken on from outside the company soon leave as their ideas and suggestions are side lined. There are some good TL’s but most suddenly become busy when you are in need of help if you have a call you need assistance with.Free parking and lunches are a bonus as well as cake on lots of occasions.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Unsupportive Team Leaders
The most depressing job EVER. Customers are allowed to scream all kinds of abuse at you and get away with it. You’re not allowed to hang up no matter what they say. For forbid you need to use the toilet outside of your breaks. 10 minute breaks at that. You get timed each time and I’ve you go over the set time a day frequently you’ll be called up on it to explain why you went over. No respect or care from any of the managers at all. No one is on your side there at all. If you work here make sure you take off 2 sick days even if you’re only sick for 1. Being off for 2 days works out better for your sick score and you in the long run.
Cons
Worked in what used to be commercial services which is no longer in the contact centre but all in all, it's a good company to work for. Decent staff, a big company so you will get clicky groups.
Pros
Decent breaks, free lunch options
Cons
Management weren't very approachable
In IKEA it's all about who you know not how much work you put in. You can work really hard and if the manager has a friend's he wants to work on a team your hard work goes unnoticed because they will concentrate on finding faults to get you out then to praise you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management
Managers don’t care about you at all and favour people. They don’t take harassment seriously. Good pay for retail but don’t think it’s worth your sanity.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Unprofessional. No advancement.
In the Sheffield Callcentre ...Seems a good place to work but don’t be fooled. The team managers have never done the job that you are doing therefore you know better than them really. They all have their favourites if your face doesn’t fit you won’t last long. A lot of staff get away with doing nothing, personally I had an opinion so I was regularly summoned for meetings even though I exceeded all my targets. My manager was weak, and clueless, the team to be fair were really good but scared of the manager. Any of the team leaders would throw you down the stair to keep their own job, On a daily basis I was sworn at and threatened by customers who thought that the goods they purchased were poor quality ... NEVER ..if you pay £30 for a wardrobe you get a £30 wardrobe . Do yourself a favour the cons far out weigh the pros don’t do it !!!!!!!
A typical day at work was hard. Really fast paced enviroment. I learned how to deal with customers and problem solving skills were imporved. Great people and friendly atmosfair
Job role is stressful and support from management is minimal, training is very basic and doesn't prepare you for the job role sufficiently, throw you in a the deep end type of enviroment.
I learned a lot of customer skills at IKEA and how to deal with all kinds of customers. On a general day i would sit in my allocated seats and wait for the calls to come through aiding the customer in which ever way was required.
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Ikea. Not once did I meet someone who made me feel uncomfortable in my two years of working for this company. Everyone is absolutely lovely
I have worked here for nearly 2 years. You make really good friends. The pay is good, it ÂŁ9.30 an hour. Its always busy so you always have something to do. It gives you lots of opportunities and is full of challenges.
co worker and friendly, however the pay is terrible. A lot of managers promote only friends, unfortunately. The parking is far and not easily accessible on foot especially during the night,
Employees given every opportunity to advance themselves. Chances of working in other countries and cultures. A good attitude to family/life arrangements. Enjoyable due to the amount of knowledge that can be shared worldwide at the flick of a switch or one to one phone calls. Good IT backup.
Not much I can say about ikea unfortunately, working in the customer service part I’m dealing with a lot of stressful calls from customers with very little help or support from the managers... if you can ever find them. The staff there is what makes ikea and okay place to work. Discount is only 15% and there is no family or friends offer and there a loop holes to jump through to use the discount. Think twice before applying please
I work in the restaurant which is renowned for being busy however, I have made so many friends through working there. I will leave with friends for life. The management are also always helpful, understanding and are always on the coworkers side. The benefits are amazing when working there and is perfect for students who hate working weekends - with having one weekend off a month.
Management is poor , they don’t really take their own values serious. Everything about them and their target No social life Very controlling Place to work U see a lot of cultures in certain places in company not very diverse , they make you think they are diverse but they are not! Forget about progress , cannot live on your salary alone Just
IKEA was one of the best places to work, you make friends within the store no matter what department you are on. Never any dull moment, always something to do. Only problem i would say is not much room for progression, this is only reason for me leaving IKEA.
it was interesting and supportive.the training thought me about confidentiality, money handling and respecting peoples diversity.i was also introduced to time management and other responsibilities for example orders and complaint (which were few and easy to solve)
Checking for new orders, booking in the dates, contacting customers if dates to be changed. Checking if orders being sent from store or if customers ordered online. Booking remedial jobs, if any damaged goods to be replaced, some times order bookings error, goods to be re ordered and charged for. My Manager was great, very helpful. The team I worked with all friendly and provided a great customer service, when at the customers homes.I enjoyed speaking to the customers and trying to book the dates they preferred.
An excellent place to work, new challenges each day with friendly co-workers. Customer services, in particular, is a rewarding role at this company. I would recommend this workplace.
It was a fun place to work and I enjoyed my time there . I usually would look forward to working there and I liked assisting people from diverse backgrounds . Furthermore the hardest part of the job was helping customers where solutions weren't clear however every problems has a solution.
  1. Customer Service Representative