IKEA

IKEA Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Felt great over there. Too bad when the busy time ended they didn’t need that many people so plenty of people had to go. Would love to go back there and pay rate was amazing.
When I first received my job offer from IKEA I was ecstatic, but 3 months in and I'm literally having to force myself into work. I have had 3 or 4 managers in the space of 3 months, I never really know what is going on due to poor communication from management, and I have not been trained properly. If you apply for a warehouse job, expect to teach yourself because the managers certainly won't teach you much if anything at all. On my first shift, I was handed over to a coworker for a few hours and that was about it. Most coworkers are lovely, but also seems quite cliquey. I'm socially awkward so I'm not great with people anyway, but I have felt incredibly lonely in my time here and I have cried more times at work than I'd like to admit. I work hard and always make sure I do as much as I can, but there is a lack of encouragement from management. Instead, they will focus on your 1-minute lates and talk about you. If not for the few lovely co-workers I have met, I would not have lasted this long.
Pros
Free healthy meal
Cons
very poor management
I worked for IKEA very recently via the Blue Arrow agency.The worst part is the silly hours and shift patterns, absolutely bizarre in this day and age.There is no work/life balance so you will feel very tired and stressed all the time.There is a them and us culture with Blue Arrow and IKEA staff.The IKEA and Blue Arrow team leaders are absolutely clueless with no regard to your skill set.I found them very arrogant and nasty at times.They will bark orders and not talk normally to you.I became depressed working here,I felt very undervalued and underused and had to leave.The current COVID-19 precautions are exhausting as you have to walk miles on a one way system and the clocking out procedure when you go home takes far too long and is overly complicated.The only reasonable thing is the pay,it is £10.50 after LLOP training but you will not always get to use one once trained.The banding of pallets which I had to do is an old hat victorian era system and IKEA should immediately improve that process,a man made stick with banding attached through a rope loop is caveman like.It is every man /woman for himself in the Peterborough depot and I grew not to trust anyone in it.There are backstabbers everywhere,they pick on you for the slightest thing.They are bullies!!The IKEA mythology and ethos is an absolute joke and blatant lies.Not world class at all,in fact bottom of the class.IKEA are you listening?
Pros
adequate pay to start
Cons
silly, bizarre shift patterns, no work/life balance, stupid managers, old machinery and archaic work processes
The whole job revolves around driving/picking orders, heavy wardrobes, kitchen, bathroom equipment. Backache problematic.Even if you're given another Job it's lifting when packing smaller orders 25 kg or loading into lorries 25kg.
Pros
meals for £1.50 subsidised.
Cons
lifting very heavy equipment compaired to Amazon.
good work place ,good wages,good time work, car park ok,beneficts ok.breaks pay good company for work,management is not perfect,but same managers is fine others leave
Pros
wages
Cons
managment
It was ok We would have a laugh together Help costumers who were struggling Showing them the aisle were a challenge bexcuse I couldnt find them all.
Great place to work , team work is everything here . Go the extra mile for the customer. Pay is good for the area , staff restaurant on site , travel to work scheme.
Was quite fun meeting new people, usually its very tight schedule and you constantly have to be on the move to meet deadlines, but you do meet interesting people.
Great people and work place. So many changes for self development. Unfortunatel I left but I‘ve took many friends from there. The reason I have left is was the rota. Icouldn’t span
Pros
Good money
Cons
Rota
local to transport links lots of parking busy job, house can work around home life met some good friends on the job breakfast is good and food is cheap for the staff
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at IKEA?
No respect. No overtime all back in lue. Makes you work even if you dont want to. Had to get someone to cover my shift for a funeral because I wasnt aloud it off.
* great place to work * Free car park * large selection of food on the canteen * Free coffe ,tea ,and fruit * Lots benefits * Lots. trending *nice friendly work in a teamstart contact only 24 hours per week -
Completely corrupt. Only certain people can advance if their face fits. Very cliquey. Full of lazy people, especially in my department when people dodge heavy picks which puts more stress on those who actually are there to work. Cannot stress enough how unfairly treated my department is compared to every other department, we are mostly just seen as the ‘grunts’ of ikea so to say.
Interesting place to work, many different departments to learn new skills and experience. Staff privileges such as food, work events and meeting new friends.
Some people employed there make things difficult which makes it hard to enjoy your work as u don't know if someone is going to complain and start a investigation
There really isn't anything positive i can say about Wincanton. I was employed as a team leader, (which i never did.) The workforce, including myself were constantly be sent home with out pay. (Through lack of orders.) The work rota was also constantly being changed, then changed again. I have never worked for a company who's workforce had such low moral.
Pros
Cons
To many to list. It's a shinning example on how not to run a company
Awful hours only have you 1 day every 2 weeks! Shocking. Also try sending me to work barnsley/chesterfield when you rely on public transport. Nice people who work in the warehouse.
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
No hours
This job is focused on meeting customers expectations in the very best way of work, unfortunately H&S is not that high like KPI. Management focused on achiving goals and co-workers points of view less important.
I really enjoyed working at IKEA, great people and delicious food. I personally enjoy making sure that the store has up to date stock and really enjoy assisting customers and seeing them leave with a smile.
Pros
Store discount, company pension
Cons
Can only work 39.5 hours a week max
Casual environment where a productive workforce is required. I learnt how to use an RF scanner, and the management was supportive. Simple but effective job.
Pros
Team spirit
Cons
Hard work
Good salary, start busy of the warehouse, rotation shift 6-14, 14-22. Unfortunately heavy product to picking (wardrobes, beds, kitchen, bathroom) The company provides every employee training for FLT and Reach trucks.