Immigration Advice Service

Immigration Advice Service Employee Reviews

Really enjoyed my time there, and was sad to leave. The management was very friendly, helpful, and good-humoured. I learnt a lot and was sad to leave due to external reasons. Good & honest work helping people out, which I liked, so would happily recommend as an employer. If you like helping people, have a good work ethic, and are open to learning new skills & work practices that are very transferable to other jobs and areas of life.
Pros
Helping people and making a difference in their lives.
Cons
Some, not all, of the clients can be a bit rude, but on the whole not many are difficult
At IAS I find myself working with a great team of people who value your input and make you really feel included. It's really rare to find a workplace where even the Company Director is approachable and even rarer to find one who gets stuck in to help when its needed and that's just what IAS has to offer!! Working as part of a large team daily, we all have different strengths and weaknesses and its great that everyone pulls together to be supportive of each other and values each others opinions equally - after doing call center work most of my life, this really isn't just "another one" its unique in a good way and there's room to grow within the business too if that's what you are looking for
Pros
Commission, Always Paid on time
Cons
None personally
My time working at IAS has been great, from the moment I joined I felt very welcomed despite the work currently being remote. The content team are all very friendly. Settling in was easy, and I was always given help when I needed it. I've learnt so much during my time here already and now feel like a valued member of the team. I really enjoy that every workday is different, as the projects that I'm working on always vary. The management are great, I'm trusted to work independently but help is always just a message or call away if I need it and the whole team meet and chat regularly. Overall, it's been a pleasure working for IAS and I look forward to what the future hold here as my department continues to expand.
Pros
Opportunities to learn lots of new skills
Cons
N/a
During my time working at IAS I have watched some of the brightest, most talented and hardworking people be demoralised and squeezed to their limit. I have also personally felt taken advantage of as someone with a good work ethic. Burnout and micro-managing are both very commonplace here. Senior staff members constantly move goalposts and set unattainable targets based off no personal experience of what it actually means to meet them in practice. A lot of the time it feels like guesswork, but it's sadly at the expense of staff members' happiness and morale. Bad practices in senior management over the last few years in particular have become rife, including some really demotivational and upsetting practices. From experience, I know that working for this company made me feel very demoralised, and that others felt the same way. Internal progression is non existent and carrot-dangling and threats are very commonplace. All the staff in the content teams were working incredibly hard during my time there, many to the point that they were burnt out. Despite this, praise and support was rare and even people who went the extra mile were made to feel as if they were not valued and that they were not doing enough. It is such a shame because this company has such a high potential and I was reluctant to leave after becoming very invested in the industry itself and my own role there. Sadly it reached a point where myself and many people in my department were dreading their workdays due to the way they were being treated and the fact they didn't feel valued or cared for. Hopefully - more...
I can only speak from personal experience in the marketing department but I found working here very depressing. Work was primarily done by interns who weren't paid anything more than expenses and were expected to deliver professional work and weren't given any credit by management. Management themselves rarely oversaw or had anything constructive to say, there was plenty of infighting and petty arguments I saw during my time here.
Pros
Free cake on peoples birthdays!
Cons
Low pay
Working at IAS is fast and challenging, however you great sense of achievement from assisting people during this stressful and emotional time. Work colleagues are friendly and supportive and there are great opportunities to progress.
Pros
Work From Home Opportunities
Great company - great manager who gives you more than enough support for the role. I have done many sales roles and I must admit this is the best I have done.
Pros
Hours
Cons
N/a
I learned a lot about the UK immigration law and the firm is always pushing us to do our best. The lawyers there always have the time to help or to satisfy any curiosity about their job. It was an internship full of human relations and an oasis of knowledge. Thank you very much for it all.
The company has a power struggle, most of management would benefit from some sort of a business/leadership course, also I don't understand how sales out earn case workers.
I have been working with the IAS for nearly a year and I have to say that I am so happy with the work and my work environment. My manager and colleagues are all so supportive and we have a great work/life balance. I would definitely recommend working with the IAS.
I applied for a job with this company after working for a competitor for a couple of years and receiving no progression or training opportunity. I came as a paralegal and within 6 months I had acquired so much experience and my training and OISC assessment was fully paid for by the company. My supervisor was always welcoming with an open door policy, I was never made to feel stupid for asking questions and the pace of the role was fast but not so much you were constantly bombarded and prone to mistakes as I had experienced at my previous role. I have passed my exams and qualified as a Caseworker with my own casework which is slightly scary but I have so much support I know I can only succeed. I was told during my induction that everyone is genuinely lovely and now know this to be true :)
Pros
paid training and assessmentss
Cons
From the beginning to the end, my internship went very well. Everyone is lovely, helpful and energetic. No matter what the circumstances are, they are always smiling and helping to one other. What I have learnt are mainly to communicate with foreign people, to understand their problems, to attend to the meetings, to attend to the hearings, to deal with pressure. One of the best choices I have ever made to come here! Such an atmosphere, such a place, such people!
There is no day that is the same at the IAS. There is such a great variety of work at the IAS and there is no shortage of work. Co-workers are polite and helpful. Its easy to bounce off ideas and solutions with each other. There are different departments and variety of roles that you could switch into if it matches your skills and strengths. Management are very approachable and are willing to fit you into a role or department that matches your strengths and that you are comfortable with. The hardest part of the job is that it is soooo busy and as immigration laws are constantly changing you have to always be on the ball. There seems to be no error for mistakes.
Nice work environment, supervised by expert in the field, who provides the necessary help to make me devolop my skills. Responsibilities given immediately, making you feel as a parte of a team.
I have worked at IAS for 4 years now and have enjoyed my time thus far. I started out in a customer service/existing enquiries role but have progressed from sales, to senior sales, team leader, enquiries team manager and currently am heavily involved in the business development department. IAS have moved to state of the art offices just outside of Manchester and although I work quite a distance away, I have been offered the chance to work from home to accommodate from time to time. Overall, I believe my experience here has been excellent and I only see myself progressing further with the help and nurture of management!
This is my second job, the first one was working for a call centre and the pace was scary. The people at this company are actually very normal and extremely supportive. Settled in well into the Sales team and coaching/mentoring was good. You are assigned a buddy and get to sit with them for the first week and once on the phones you still can rely on them when you have difficult client or just don't know the answer to a query. The range of queries are so varied and interesting unlike selling phones to reluctant people.
Management are a joke, they have no idea what they’re doing and it wouldn’t surprise me to see the company go under in the next couple of months! The staff turnover in that place is abysmal. God help those who are left.
Great company to work for if you're looking for a challenging environment, in an industry with a forever changing landscape. As the company is growing, so are the people. This can at times pose its own challenges, however it keeps you engaged and forward thinking. Over my time with IAS I have learnt a great deal that can be applied in my professional life and career moving forward. No individual is better than any other, which is a culture spread across the business from top to bottom. The Director always has his door open and will listen to any word you have to say at any time. Overall an amazing experience and would happily recommend anyone considering a management position in this company take the challenge!
I have been employed by IAS for almost 7 years and am really content working here. It can be stressful to meet the demands of the role but it is equally rewarding, and hard work pays off. There are chances to progress if you put in the work and show willingness. The team is lovely and support is provided by management.
When i first came to IAS Nearly 3 years ago, believe me when i say i wouldn't speak to a single soul even people i worked with. Working here has gave me so much confidence to speak to clients over the phone and face to face. Looking forward to what the future brings for me within IAS. The staff are some of the most amazing, caring people i have ever met.
Pros
The staff are amazing!
Cons
Traveling on the bus !!!
Very busy day to day experience. No previous knowledge of immigration before working for this firm, but now I know loads of interesting information that will help with potential progression opportunities. Its a fun place to work and all of the staff get along really well, the policies the company have in place ensure that all staff are treated fairly. It can be quite difficult sometimes with how busy it can be, but this makes the days goes fast and also makes it more enjoyable. It is very rewarding to feel that you have assisted somebody with a very important process in their life.
Pros
Opportunities to progress, dress down on Fridays
Cons
Working until 7pm