IMPERIAL BRANDS logo

IMPERIAL BRANDS Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

challenging but rewarding

Featured review

IMPERIAL BRANDS selected this as a representative review
if you like a challenge and are prepared to work hard then Imperial can be rewarding. Strong influencing skills are required as is a strong network - informal meetings can be as important as formal ones. The hardest part of the job is achieving stakeholder alignment. The most rewarding part is the many opportunities provided across many different functions.

Really enjoyed working here for over 25 years, the job was challenging and fast paced but the rewards were fantastic. Made some life long friends along the way.

great work place

I worked here from 16 years old as an apprentice and thoroughly enjoyed my time working there. I have friends for life and many fond memories of the factory.

Poor culture & management. Good benefits

Great pay, flexible hours, good pension scheme & holidays. Unfortunately the actual company and management team are a mess. Strategy is poor. Targets are ridiculous. Pressure from Area Managers is extremely high to point of making staff ill. Overall a very frustrating company to work for

Great office & facilities

Great modern office and facilities including onsite parking, gym & restaurant. Flexible working. Good pay and annual bonus. Friendly & approachable staff at all levels.

Deteriating

Just left after 8 years (Redundancy). When I joined they were a fantastic company to work for, very much people focussed but that is not the case anymore as they find their profits reducing they have become very much company first. The company has been very much lacking in leadership for the last few years but that may change as the CEO has recently resigned and there is now a new leadership team in the UK market. The pay is generous and the benefits are excellent which does go a long way to making up for the fact that the job is unstable and there will be more redundancies in the near future.

Left on your own

If your face fits your in if not forget working for this company. If you falsify you'll get on on, if your honest goodbye. I worked in Wales and my manager thought she was something else. She wanted results and didn't care how you got them.

Pros

Great salary

Cons

Totally bad management

Declining Industry/Obsessed with targets

No career progression and poor management. Good salary as the market is in decline...difficult to recruit into 'Big Tobacco'. Unrealistic targets...constant.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Poor work/life balance

Excellent company

excellent salary, great staff and good working culture. Targets have become a little non achievable but most companies are heading in this direction. Career progression is limited.

Pros

very professional

Cons

track everything you do from A to Z. Somebody is watching you.

Very professional colleagues and work environment

My time at Imperial was spent between 2 roles. In both roles I had a fantastic team to work with and learn from. The tax team were all experts in their field and as an analyst I got some great exposure to senior people across the business in getting to know their budgets and help them manage spend.

Pros

State of the art facilities

Cons

bad traffic in getting to ashton gate

Jobs at IMPERIAL BRANDS

See more jobs

Great Company to work for

Although I was made redundant from ITUK, they helped me throughout my career to develop my sales skills, with extensive training and meeting sessions - also great team work

Pros

Training

Cons

Redundancy

job

• Process starters • Collate and enter weekly management reports • Run weekly attendance/sickness reports and distribute • Record sickness with in Excel • Respond to queries both email and phone • Type confidential correspondence letters for jobs, Visa and mortgage etc • Liase with internal and external agencies

Pros

free lunch

Cons

too far

Excellent workplace

I really enjoyed my time working at Imperial, there is great team spirit, a great support network and loads of encouragement to succeed in your role. Managements doors are always open and they are ready to listen to new ideas.

Pros

Team Building Days

Cons

None that I can think of!

Itl

An excellent company to work constantly striving for a better work experience for its employees All employees are thought of as individuals. Excellent career opportunities

nice company, excellent benefits

Field based role. Stressful. Long days. All planning, admin, and stock collection/banking has to be done in your own time. The clock starts when you reach your first call, so travel to patch is not counted as part of your day. Overall, the pay is really good and they do offer excellent benefits.

Pros

good pension, holidays, share save

Happy Environment

Renowned for giving opportunities to people that want to create a career. With it's global 'footprint' there are opportunities to explore for the more adventurous traveller! Every day is a learning day, development is on-going.

Pros

Working conditions, Ts & Cs

Cons

Can be demanding from an hours worked and driving perspective

Excellent

Excellent place to work, amazing company benefits. Great place to build a career within the tobacco industry. Brilliant support from management and always willing to listen to feedback

Good company to work for

Loved this job as it was being the telephonist as I said I enjoyed speaking with the customers they had a good bonus schemes good pension and the managers were always fair with the staff liked the flexi hours as it meant that you could let your hours mount up and you would get a extra days holiday, holidays were also good.they also had a good canteen as it was subsidised and I was trained as the telephonist and if there was any telesales help needed you would have the chance to learn to take orders over the phone and enter them onto the computer system they were always encouraging you to learn.

Pros

Flexi time

Cons

Long hours if you wanted them

Excellent Company

Absolutely amazing to work at Imperial Tobacco if your looking to work in an unconventional environment on the road outside an office. Company benefits and schemes are really attractive and would definitely recommend this company to work for

Great people

Highly regulated industry, great people, going through massive change and re-inventing itself and it's culture. Highly engaging and caring employer with overseas opportunities

Best employer in the midlands

Varied work, with a highly skilled workforce. Excellent training and employee benefits. Hardest part of the job was introducing change. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.

Pros

Salary, pension, working hours

Cons

Controversial industry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IMPERIAL BRANDS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement