IMPERIAL BRANDS

IMPERIAL BRANDS Employee Reviews

United Kingdom70 reviews

salaryexcellentteamcompanystaffmanagergoodhour

Featured review

IMPERIAL BRANDS selected this as a representative review
Really enjoyed working here for over 25 years, the job was challenging and fast paced but the rewards were fantastic. Made some life long friends along the way.

The best place I could ever dream to work.

For sure the best place I could ever work, with a friendly work environment, amazing colleagues, great managers.., I don’t have even one single negative things to come to me mind thinking about Imperial.

Insights into IMPERIAL BRANDS

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Great place to work with top people

Loved my time there. Accomplished a lot with support of colleagues and a good atmosphere to work in. Would recommend to anyone who wants to work in a big company but feel part of a team.

Pros

Flexibility and team approach

Cons

In big companies decisions can take a while

No support for staff!

No support from higher management (head of field sales)Only bothered about targetsGet no thanksTry to Train you to speak like a robot if you don’t then you’re out

Pros

Salary and car

Cons

No support, target driven, don’t care about staff

Alright if you want to be treated like @#%©

It was great to start with, money was ok. No chance of progression even if you go above and beyond what is expected of you and you over exceed your KPIs.If the management like you as a bit of a character, you are young and dumb then you will go far.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Hours, management total lack of empathy.

Wish I was still there it's the best job I ever had. Great people great job shame they moved to far away. I would go back in heartbeat if they ever returned.

great work place

I worked here from 16 years old as an apprentice and thoroughly enjoyed my time working there. I have friends for life and many fond memories of the factory.

Poor culture & management. Good benefits

Great pay, flexible hours, good pension scheme & holidays. Unfortunately the actual company and management team are a mess. Strategy is poor. Targets are ridiculous. Pressure from Area Managers is extremely high to point of making staff ill. Overall a very frustrating company to work for

challenging but rewarding

if you like a challenge and are prepared to work hard then Imperial can be rewarding. Strong influencing skills are required as is a strong network - informal meetings can be as important as formal ones. The hardest part of the job is achieving stakeholder alignment. The most rewarding part is the many opportunities provided across many different functions.

Great office & facilities

Great modern office and facilities including onsite parking, gym & restaurant. Flexible working. Good pay and annual bonus. Friendly & approachable staff at all levels.

Deteriating

Just left after 8 years (Redundancy). When I joined they were a fantastic company to work for, very much people focussed but that is not the case anymore as they find their profits reducing they have become very much company first. The company has been very much lacking in leadership for the last few years but that may change as the CEO has recently resigned and there is now a new leadership team in the UK market. The pay is generous and the benefits are excellent which does go a long way to making up for the fact that the job is unstable and there will be more redundancies in the near future.

Left on your own

If your face fits your in if not forget working for this company. If you falsify you'll get on on, if your honest goodbye. I worked in Wales and my manager thought she was something else. She wanted results and didn't care how you got them.

Pros

Great salary

Cons

Totally bad management

Declining Industry/Obsessed with targets

No career progression and poor management. Good salary as the market is in decline...difficult to recruit into 'Big Tobacco'. Unrealistic targets...constant.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Poor work/life balance

Excellent company

excellent salary, great staff and good working culture. Targets have become a little non achievable but most companies are heading in this direction. Career progression is limited.

Pros

very professional

Cons

track everything you do from A to Z. Somebody is watching you.

Very professional colleagues and work environment

My time at Imperial was spent between 2 roles. In both roles I had a fantastic team to work with and learn from. The tax team were all experts in their field and as an analyst I got some great exposure to senior people across the business in getting to know their budgets and help them manage spend.

Pros

State of the art facilities

Cons

bad traffic in getting to ashton gate

Great Company to work for

Although I was made redundant from ITUK, they helped me throughout my career to develop my sales skills, with extensive training and meeting sessions - also great team work

Pros

Training

Cons

Redundancy

job

• Process starters • Collate and enter weekly management reports • Run weekly attendance/sickness reports and distribute • Record sickness with in Excel • Respond to queries both email and phone • Type confidential correspondence letters for jobs, Visa and mortgage etc • Liase with internal and external agencies

Pros

free lunch

Cons

too far

Excellent workplace

I really enjoyed my time working at Imperial, there is great team spirit, a great support network and loads of encouragement to succeed in your role. Managements doors are always open and they are ready to listen to new ideas.

Pros

Team Building Days

Cons

None that I can think of!

Itl

An excellent company to work constantly striving for a better work experience for its employees All employees are thought of as individuals. Excellent career opportunities

nice company, excellent benefits

Field based role. Stressful. Long days. All planning, admin, and stock collection/banking has to be done in your own time. The clock starts when you reach your first call, so travel to patch is not counted as part of your day. Overall, the pay is really good and they do offer excellent benefits.

Pros

good pension, holidays, share save

Happy Environment

Renowned for giving opportunities to people that want to create a career. With it's global 'footprint' there are opportunities to explore for the more adventurous traveller! Every day is a learning day, development is on-going.

Pros

Working conditions, Ts & Cs

Cons

Can be demanding from an hours worked and driving perspective

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IMPERIAL BRANDS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare IMPERIAL BRANDS with

Learn about IMPERIAL BRANDS in popular locations

• IMPERIAL BRANDS
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?