Imperial Car Supermarket

Imperial Car Supermarket Employee Reviews for Sales Executive

Sales Executive13 reviews
United Kingdom13 reviews

Good place

It was pleasant working here, it’s a shame cazoo took over and lost out on a career with a great company. Hope cazoo turns out the same as they have big boots to fill .

Pros

Good money

Cons

Fun, competitive workplace with good management and opportunities to progress

Started the job in December 2019 with no previous experience in the trade, didn't know what to expect really but can genuinely say i love working here. The management is top class with opportunities to progress in the company which is my aim. The team i work with in tamworth make my job fun and exciting as its a good competitive environment with everyday being different. The hours are long per week but if your willing to put the work in you'll be rewarded with the salary. Follow the company process and you will do just fine.

Pros

company philosophy, management, fun, salary, company car, everyday different

Insights into Imperial Car Supermarket

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Proactive and innovative

Having previously worked in the Motortrade Imperial Cars are a proactive company to have joined. They embrace innovative systems and have made the customer buying process extremely slick for both the employee and the customer. The offsite preparation structure is refreshing with stock delivered to site for immediate delivery. The work life balance that Imperial offers is industry leading offering me two days off each week. So far, so good.

Poor basic and Poor Commission

If you want to work long hours, and get topped up for minimum wage, then Imperial Cars is the place for you. Massive staff turnover as people realise in the first few weeks the place is a joke. Poor basic wage and poor commission structure. To much staff and not enough business to go around. If you want to earn £16,000 a year and work 50+ hours a week then Imperial Cars is the place to be.

Great Expanding Company

A great expanding company with fantastic opportunities for progression. Great working benefits, excellent salary and a perfect work life balance. Amazing support to achieve your goals and targets.

Poor

Too many hours, poor commission structure, many unnecessary middle management positions, very bad communication throughout the company, company lacks directions and a very bad company culture, do not take care of the staff one bit.

brilliant

best place to work for, management are great and so are all the salesman. I would highly recommend any salesman to apply for any roles that come up. you wont regret it.

Pros

everything

Cons

Lots of downtime, worked with good people, very target driven, long hours and at times very poor management

Despite several things I didn't like about the job if it wasn't for the hours and always working weekends I'd probably go back. Work/life balance was an issue, however I feel like I left the manager rather than the job itself, there were lots of positives

Pros

Can manage your own time, interacting with good people, sensibly driving nice cars, reasonable commission structure

Cons

Long hours, unrealistic site targets, overworked management

Avoid

When you first start at imperial the first impression are fantastic however after the first week you realise Imperial talk big, when you go for the interview it’s almost the wrong way round it feels like their trying to get you to work for them way to hard. Management is poor, rude and will do everything to screw over their own employees! Sales controllers and store managers are disconnected from the sales team however will still do everything to make the salesman's life miserable. Everything must be done the imperial way however this changes depending on how the managers are feeling at any given moment! You can do one thing and everything's fine and do it again to someone else and they look at you like you’ve shot a dog or something? OTE are so unrealistic it’s joke!

Pros

The sales team

Cons

Far to many to list

Long hours but good opportunity

When you get taken on, you go away for a intense training course at hq which teaches you about Imperial, the company, culture and process. It's a car sales job and like all sales job there is pressure to sell. 2 days a week off and a weekend a month is great and quite unusual in the motor trade. Management are hands on.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Imperial Car Supermarket?

Loved working here, only left to move to OZ. Great environment, loads of phone, hours can be a drag on a late but footfall was always there. Definitely recommend

Pros

Weekends off

Cons

Good place to work great training sales customer service cars nice attractive great culture freedom organised constant development advancement great

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Flexible and productive sales environment

Imperial cars provided a dynamic sales environment in which I was able to learn and grow as a salesman. I was able to build customer relationships and gain knowledge on a range of prestige vehicles. My manager and fellow staff were very motivating, my team will be missed.

Pros

Freedom, staff

Cons

Hours, commission scheme

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Imperial Car Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement