Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust Employee Reviews

I really enjoyed my time at St Marys and worked with a great team. Plenty of challenges and positive outcomes. I think we made a lot of changes. However I just couldn’t progress my career despite all the promises and this is the only reason I left to a company that could fulfil that promise
Pros
NHS benefits
Cons
NHS pay
I wii recommend family and friends to Imperial.More diversity and equal opportunities.Ward managers listen to your issues and support you if only you open. More improvements routes to take any very supportive.
Pros
Tea and biscuits
Cons
The hours
I believe that for the job description for this job conflicts with my experience working at Western Eye Hospital and Charing Cross Hospital.NHS core values are to be kind, to aspire to higher things. At my interview, I was told I could climb the ladder and have an ongoing career working for Imperial. However, I heard from the business line manager that there isn't any staff progression in my department. It was extremely demoralising to work for imperial. The workload is long and can be exhausting. The senior staff band 5 and management offered no help and would not give you any formal training on how the equipment is used.The only good thing I would say is that the staff you're working with are some best people I ever had the privilege to work with. Management and senior staff not so much.
Pros
NHS pension, Discounts and offers on holiday
Cons
Super long hours and so many patients. I was dealing around 200 a day.
It is a very productive place to work. I have learned a lot from their training and development courses. There are lots of research ongoing to improve patient care.
Pros
Very collaborative working environment
Cons
Long working hours, staffing shortage, lack of support from managers
Poor management Abusive people in the work place People are so fake Underpaid & problems with pay Always unorganised Not fair/ bias Fake & selfish people Good name thats all imperial has good reputation Headache to work in Always problem with staff
Pros
London, good reputation
Cons
long hours, rude management, stressful
Nice and professional place to work. I trained there and enjoyed working there, I would like to go back. One thing I like about about Imperial is their SENER system. It is very easy to use. I like the trust as a whole.
It was a challenging and exciting experience Over my time there, I acquired great career prospects In addition, my continuing professional development
It was great team at imperial. Listening, guiding junior staff, research and evidence based practice. I enjoyed orking with HR and all managers in training them.
everything is interesting and the people that work there are amazing and super friendly. its a place you will look forward to going to everyday. you are encouraged to advance and excel in your field.
Abusive management, ongoing bulling, favouritism. They had loads of issues (see nurses suicide) and they have not learned a single thing from that. Payroll unable to pay correctly, correcting admitting mistakes takes ages, nobody cares how you manage financially meanwhile. Worst experience in my 14 years nursing career. Managed to stay for a year and left, never going back
Management is abusive and keep on posting jobs but never supports who should they support. If you live in a suitable area with great transportation it’ll be quick enough to be deception and you’ll be acknowledged. Despite being the relevant candidate rather than these people who live 30 miles get the priority. People who can live another way and a purpose rather than certain people who is passionate about healthcare, wants a career and perhaps apply with greater meaning but always slams the door on them unfairly. I never understand the logic. It is very disgusting and ludicrous They say they’re disability confident but then dose not provide equal opportunity and nor you’re application gets taken seriously but overlooks at you. Therefore, discriminatory management wants it their selfish way and dose not have understanding or want to keep things equal. They only pick who they want or go with someone who they like in terms of own preferences which is unlawful and illegal. practice what you preach. The only way of a opportunity is if you know anyone from management they will help you, if you’re a outsider then it will close door back to back. A NHS Trust that waste your time. otherwise they never support you, they hire their friends, cousins etc, people they’re have mutual connection with. Very unfair and inconstant. Fix up and sort it out. Bunch of abusive nonces siting on their comfortable chair playing patronisim. Absolutely Pathetic and Disgraceful.
Pros
Cons
Discriminators
A typical same has not been same as I work and gain additional experience ans additional skills when working in different ward per shift, or between wards per shift covering for transferring of patients to other hospital including as and when care are been prioritise for safety{of patients and staffs) and care needs of patients. I have learned that you have to continue to improve and update on your your skills, able to prioritise and think on your feet as the care needs might change. The hardest part of the job is that there might be shortage of staff, bank staff might struggle, make lots of phone calls and have to physically go back to actual ward to get the worked shift released or confirm for payment (when bank staff are placed or moved between wards in a single shift). Despite, nurse bank's efforts to follow up the concern ward to release already worked shift for payment. Some ward designated person don't even respond or the designated person is on holiday or sick leave.
I have been working so many shifts, they asked to you if you can go to work because we are sort of staff all the time. Bad management. All senior nurses are leaving and new startes are coming and you can feel the pressure on you and you feel unsafe. Poor salary in comparation with the work that we do.
Enjoyed working there with my colleagues however there was not an opportunity for me to progress to the next level. Did not find the management supportive in my career progression
I have been working for Imperial for several years, management are supportive and there are numerous opportunities for learning and development. Imperial has a good working environment.
Great opportunity to develop skills from trainee to qualified healthcare assistant. Management is helpful and supportive with career development. I would recommend Charing Cross Hospital.
Typical day at work would include taking handovers and assessing patients. The most enjoyable part of work was working with a friendly multidisciplinary team.
Cons
Long hours.
ICHT has gone through many changes. The research advancement and the medical teams are really good. Administration has advanced towards digitalisation and the team is supportive according to how management guide it. Of the hospitals I always liked St Mary's best of the 3 I worked in. Hammersmith has a different culture but Charing Cross has capable training facilities.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Challenging management
Completely underfunded, but the staff generally work really hard and make up for this deficit. Most management will work to improve condition and will help you out if you ask. HR Department and out-sourced finance will be the bane of your working life.
Pros
Has excellent Upmarket ratings in many junctions including education, development and national rating. This establishment is well known globally for its academic and research initiatives. Penicillin was discovered in its confines.. The Trust is also very good at acknowledging individual progress and achievement
Pros
London based
Cons
Salary and pay
I have enjoyed volunteering with Imperial. The staff are easy to approach and extremely accommodating. As part of my job I am expected to direct patients to the right place and help them get there if necessary.
Pros
Reimbursement