Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

The company do care about their staff but a tough working environment

one type of culture are majority of workers-clicky.Typical day report on patients take workload plan and deliver care. Interact for medication rounds to work out break relief. You need to be self sufficient and of strong character. Multiple demands. most enjoyable part of job caring for patients. hardest part of job demand exceeds supply.

Pros

Regular work.

Cons

A good Trust to work for

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is a good place to work in. The trust do support and care for their staff. However, the wards can be very busy and the job can be rather stressful and physically and mentally demanding.

Pros

Staff canteen

Impersonal, inflexible, cold management

I would not recommend working there. Old cramped wards, backwards management, inflexible working arrangements, cliques. Canteen was not good. .

Pros

Some nice colleagues

Cons

Old cramped wards

Great

Supportive.Good team.Friendly staff.Support from senior staff who are very approachable.Would prefer flexibility with timings.Need a much better salary for sure.

Cons

Not flexible

Fast paced.

Imperial is an excellent trust to work for. The clinical area I work in is very fast paced. Can be difficult to progress once you reach a certain point.

Pros

Well known trust

Cons

Progression can be limited when you reach a certain point

Disgraceful!

I worked for this organisation for 17 good years, in which I made steady career progression, I enjoyed being part of team in which I worked, there was always a feeling of camaraderie and we all worked hard to achieve the department's goals, often going above and beyond our remit.Things changed....when a new management structure was implemented, no one mattered anymore, it became a cold uncaring environment; The correct HR policies were not adhered too, how they got away with it, I don,t know! - a horrible episode then ensued, which I can only describe as mental torture.After a long period of sickness leave, ( the first in 17 years), I left the organisation.

Pros

Good friends

Cons

Indifference to peoples Health!!!

Demanding without being rewarding and recognising

No encouragement to growLooks like they want you to work and keep patients happy and not caring about your happiness. Not acting seriously on medication errors or patient abuse incidents. Demanding organisation (NHS ) without any recognisition or reward.

Pros

Multiple choices in terms of specialities and good options for working exposure

Cons

Favoritism, indifference for development although this is an NHS problem

Stressful and lack of support

Continuously busy. Learned nothing. Senior management very poor. Culture in workplace is worsened by certain management supporting some not all staff. Favouritism. Lack of management and supervisor support.

Pros

Cons

Have to work long hours and more than one persons job

Productive workplace and good teamwork

-Is a good place to start your career-They are passionate in training and making you good and perfect at your job row- The team are great at communication skills and amazing team players in achieving the day to day work goals

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Stress

More friendly and helpful

I wii recommend family and friends to Imperial.More diversity and equal opportunities.Ward managers listen to your issues and support you if only you open. More improvements routes to take any very supportive.

Pros

Tea and biscuits

Cons

The hours

Zero chance you will progress in this role

I believe that for the job description for this job conflicts with my experience working at Western Eye Hospital and Charing Cross Hospital.NHS core values are to be kind, to aspire to higher things. At my interview, I was told I could climb the ladder and have an ongoing career working for Imperial. However, I heard from the business line manager that there isn't any staff progression in my department. It was extremely demoralising to work for imperial. The workload is long and can be exhausting. The senior staff band 5 and management offered no help and would not give you any formal training on how the equipment is used.The only good thing I would say is that the staff you're working with are some best people I ever had the privilege to work with. Management and senior staff not so much.

Pros

NHS pension, Discounts and offers on holiday

Cons

Super long hours and so many patients. I was dealing around 200 a day.

Loved it but just couldn’t progress

I really enjoyed my time at St Marys and worked with a great team. Plenty of challenges and positive outcomes. I think we made a lot of changes. However I just couldn’t progress my career despite all the promises and this is the only reason I left to a company that could fulfil that promise

Pros

NHS benefits

Cons

NHS pay

Productive place to worrk

It is a very productive place to work. I have learned a lot from their training and development courses. There are lots of research ongoing to improve patient care.

Pros

Very collaborative working environment

Cons

Long working hours, staffing shortage, lack of support from managers

stressful, hate it

Poor management Abusive people in the work place People are so fake Underpaid & problems with pay Always unorganised Not fair/ bias Fake & selfish people Good name thats all imperial has good reputation Headache to work in Always problem with staff

Pros

London, good reputation

Cons

long hours, rude management, stressful

Nice workplace

Nice and professional place to work. I trained there and enjoyed working there, I would like to go back. One thing I like about about Imperial is their SENER system. It is very easy to use. I like the trust as a whole.

Challenging and exciting

It was a challenging and exciting experience Over my time there, I acquired great career prospects In addition, my continuing professional development

Team work

It was great team at imperial. Listening, guiding junior staff, research and evidence based practice. I enjoyed orking with HR and all managers in training them.

very friendly and supportive place to work

everything is interesting and the people that work there are amazing and super friendly. its a place you will look forward to going to everyday. you are encouraged to advance and excel in your field.

Interview was not the issue

Abusive management, ongoing bulling, favouritism. They had loads of issues (see nurses suicide) and they have not learned a single thing from that. Payroll unable to pay correctly, correcting admitting mistakes takes ages, nobody cares how you manage financially meanwhile. Worst experience in my 14 years nursing career. Managed to stay for a year and left, never going back

Be aware of management

Management is abusive and keep on posting jobs but never supports who should they support. If you live in a suitable area with great transportation it’ll be quick enough to be deception and you’ll be acknowledged. Despite being the relevant candidate rather than these people who live 30 miles get the priority. People who can live another way and a purpose rather than certain people who is passionate about healthcare, wants a career and perhaps apply with greater meaning but always slams the door on them unfairly. I never understand the logic. It is very disgusting and ludicrous They say they’re disability confident but then dose not provide equal opportunity and nor you’re application gets taken seriously but overlooks at you. Therefore, discriminatory management wants it their selfish way and dose not have understanding or want to keep things equal. They only pick who they want or go with someone who they like in terms of own preferences which is unlawful and illegal. practice what you preach. The only way of a opportunity is if you know anyone from management they will help you, if you’re a outsider then it will close door back to back. A NHS Trust that waste your time. otherwise they never support you, they hire their friends, cousins etc, people they’re have mutual connection with. Very unfair and inconstant. Fix up and sort it out. Bunch of abusive nonces siting on their comfortable chair playing patronisim. Absolutely Pathetic and Disgraceful.

Pros

Cons

Discriminators

productive, rewarding experience but challenging.

A typical same has not been same as I work and gain additional experience ans additional skills when working in different ward per shift, or between wards per shift covering for transferring of patients to other hospital including as and when care are been prioritise for safety{of patients and staffs) and care needs of patients. I have learned that you have to continue to improve and update on your your skills, able to prioritise and think on your feet as the care needs might change. The hardest part of the job is that there might be shortage of staff, bank staff might struggle, make lots of phone calls and have to physically go back to actual ward to get the worked shift released or confirm for payment (when bank staff are placed or moved between wards in a single shift). Despite, nurse bank's efforts to follow up the concern ward to release already worked shift for payment. Some ward designated person don't even respond or the designated person is on holiday or sick leave.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement