Inchcape Retail UK

Inchcape Retail UK Employee Reviews

Despite working in a high performing and efficient team, the overall leadership and managerial decision making in Inchcape leaves a lot to be desired. There is a lack of communication, teamwork, common goals, all likely due to a lack of individual care given to their employees.
The problems started the day I started! Having been offered the job over a Christmas period, the was a lack of HR staff to produce paperwork,along with it all moving online. The day after I started I was given my contract and the salary was far less on paper than I had been told and had agreed to take the job for! This was then strongly denied by management...Blame culture: as soon as a bad review comes in it is always someone else’s fault except management, they don’t accept responsibility for anything...Don’t work for Inchcape you’ll regret it my old boss said to me, how right he was!
As a manager at Inchcape the work was both exciting and challenging, the more succesful of us didn't do 830 - 530 though so long hours are to be expected if you wish to shine and progress. Managers are generally helpful and the values of the company are strong and people focussed.
Pros
Good environment and opportunity if you ensure you succeed
Cons
Management treat you like a peace of something on the sole of your shoes, they will never take the blame even if they are in wrong. Nasty company to work. I won't recommend it to my worse enemy. You are just a number.
Cons
If you join after this review it's your own fault !targets are not rigid, move as you get closer to them! any reason whatsoever not to pay what you thought you were getting and what you are entitled to get ! cancel days off, expect you to work late nights without notice, cancel and change weekend rota so no time off ! not allowed holidays in Jan as busy after Xmas, not allowed Feb as build up to March, not allowed April as need to start new quarter with a fast start, allowed May as long as middle two weeks, not allowed June as end of quarter and need to deliver branch targets ! July fast start to Q3 so no time off allowed, August cannot be off as need to work every day to sell for September market, September cannot be off as new car month, October cannot be off as Used car event, November you can be off middle two weeks, cannot be off December as Xmas !! no time off, pay plan changing constantly, managers are constantly undermind by General Manager who slags off regional manager for incompetence, then GM has nights out with selected staff and slags off the managers employed within the site !!!!!!!Poor pay, house your deals for minor things, give all the enquiries to the favourites in the site, give grief to you for poor customer satisfaction even though GM will not speak to customer with issues, poor support from GM unless you are one of the favourites. Was top sales exec for 2 months in 2020 and GM still gave me the most grief, constantly moaning at me for everything. Friends who achieved less than half my sales got no grief, no performance improvement plans or actions - more...
Pros
sales manager and business manager
Cons
pay, hours, GM favouritism to poor performers but face fits
Cheltenham was a grimy place, with hitler type management. Told me they would have me in tears, I kid you not... should have complained but didn’t. Inchcape are rubbish
Pros
Cons
Bad management, bullying, insincere
If your face doesn’t fit then there’s no progression for you. Staff turn over is high. The members of staff who have been there for years turn their noses up at you. Not a good working environment.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Working there
“Living The Dream” was often said when in fact it means something negative. Brown noses were treated differently, promotion discrimination as in they would say “if your face fits” it should be “if tour skills fit” honestly a Seedy office environment!. For some reason some people are allowed to do as little as they want and just eat breakfast as soon as they arrive yet some are expected to crack on
Pros
Cars
Cons
Shifts, fake personas, no real view of promotion. Business debt and poor management
Started as a Sales Executive and quickly was promoted to Business Manager. If your work ethic is right they sky is the limit. The only reason I left was I thought the next job I was offered would be better. It wasn't.
Loads of benefits, good pay, good working surroundings. Good teams, steady work. Management always looked after me, made tonnes of friends, good benefits for car.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Inchcape Retail UK?
stressful job but enjoyable bunch of people to be working with. only problem as with most dealers, everyone is targeted bonuses for different figures causing everyone to be working against eachother
Sadly a very disappointing and poor culture which is not addressed by the Executive board. Salary is only good for sales roles. All other roles do not receive the same equality.
Cons
Long hours and a lot of pressure
Inchcape UK have their priorities and focuses completely backwards. Unfortunately, in an industry where customer service, the customer journey and care are so important (which you are frequently reminded about within the workplace), it is ironic that there is so little care given to these factors within the workplace. The only thing Inchcape seem to prioritise is reducing their costs. They are spread so thin that customer service now seems non-existent. They have cut back on nearly every area of the business and showroom including customer drinks and snacks, plants, cleaning services, staffing and the 'luxuries'. Unfortunately, Inchcape deem these cutbacks as the right thing to do, yet they expect us to deliver the same (supposedly) high-level of customer service in an environment where we're told to treat every penny as our own. Inchcape are in desperate trouble and it is now getting to a point where it is affecting their customers.
When I first started working here the job was enjoyable and the people in the office seemed nice enough. After a while the job became overwhelming with little/no support from management. They were making people redundant without any actual plan of how to split workloads meaning the people who were left were bombarded. The office environment was great at first but then you realise that the people who had been there for a long time are unwelcoming, rude and will only do things that benefit them. I would say avoid this company at all costs!!
Bonus structure slaughtered, internet connection slow, High staff turn over , horrendous atmosphere. Stay well clear . Poor equipment . No re- investment
Pros
Going home
Cons
Going to work
Good company, fast paced, very corporate. Limited opportunity for progression as a large amount of the work is based in particular regions that are not practical for some of the Head Offices.
One of the worst jobs I've ever had, the management haven't got a clue what they are doing, then blame you. Toyota staff were very unhelpful and made your day hard work.
Wanted to work there for sometime am a little over 12 months in. And as I have been in project roles I have enjoyed my time so far and the variety. Looking forward to my future challenges.
Being made redundant. Poor communication throughout the redundancy process, After 23 years of loyal service I didn't expect special treatment by Management and HR, but the complete lack of respect and the lack of consideration to those of us unfortunate enough to be losing our jobs has quite frankly been appalling,
Good pay with the ability to progress the management were firm, fair and supportive. Work culture is great if you get along people salary is good considering trade, expenses etc
If your part of their clique the world is yours, think more about their bottom line than their employees, made hundreds of redundancies to save money and relocate part of the jobs and the people left having to work 10 times harder
Pros
the days have endings and a pool table in canteen
Cons
pretty much the whole job
  1. Employee reviews