Inchcape Retail UK

Inchcape Retail UK Employee Reviews

United Kingdom98 reviews

cartradesalarypoorsalelongstaffsupport

Under resourced

Under resourced and high staff turnover and senior management try to run it very thin and do not care about the workload that the business is put under and then don't understand why results are not met and also unachievable targets

22 November 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We aim to be the employer of choice and monitor our resourcing strategery and turnover constantly to understand the business needs. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career.

Awful company to work for

Inchcape employs some very poor managers who also tend to employ their friends. There is no career progression structure unless your face fits.I have never once been asked where do I see myself this time next year. The cost of a company car is prohibitive as there are no subsidised cars. They do not even advertise the basic salary anymore as it is that bad.

Pros

Better hours than most other car dealerships

Cons

No career progression

22 August 2022
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your time working at Inchcape. We do appreciate all feedback both positive and negative so we may learn and improve, should you have any concerns you wish to discuss, please do contact our HR team who will be happy to discuss further. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you the best in your career.

Insights into Inchcape Retail UK

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Supportive environment

Awful company!

I would not advise anyone to work here, just recently left as there is no progression. The HR department is a complete mess and lies. The management is also awful they have no idea how to manage you get given letters of concern like there sweets. They treat you like a child and you are just a number not looked after at all!!! The turn over of staff in my time there in the sales department was 18 people. I left being the top sales executive for the dealership and making the most profit and they couldn’t care less! I honestly wouldn’t understand why anyone would want to work there.

Pros

Absolutely none

Cons

Everything was a con!

15 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and value your input as a former employee. We are disappointed you feel there may have been negative aspects of your job role. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you all the best in your career.

Great company, busy and always challenging but ultimately rewarding. Have met lots of nice people and made friends for life. Only issue is lack of cohesion between different parts of Inchcape as a whole

15 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! We appreciate hearing about your personal experience and are glad to learn that you enjoy working with your colleagues. Please be assured that your feedback will be taken on board and used to help improve and streamline the company going forward.

Not the company it was

This is not the company it used to be. With a constant search for efficiency, wages were cut, staff were cut so moral was crushed.Many managers were always looking to bully the weakest amongst the team and manage out undesirables.Take a job with this company at your own risk...

Great operators

Ahead of the times when it comes to Retail. Subtle and effective management styles throughout with a coaching style that creates a positive growing culture

15 August 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. From the top down, the key to our business is our commitment to not only customer service, but to our colleagues. Because taking care of colleagues is one of our core values, we’re always looking for ways to ensure our colleagues have equal access to growth and development opportunities. We strive to provide an environment where everyone feels they’re valued, treated fairly, and respected.

If you are late by a minute you lost your bonus

I worked for the contact centre. If you were late by 1 minute, twice in a month you lost your bonus. besides this rule, The people were lovely to work for

9 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of working at Inchcape. We appreciate and value your input as a former employee. . At Inchcape, we pride ourselves on providing a premium service to our customers and we are sorry you feel there may have been negative aspects of your job role. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review and we wish you all the best in your career.

Long hours for little reward

No career progression unless you are a yes man, and a proverbial licker. They dislike people with opinions and ideas, and just sideline anything you add whether valuable or not, they have no interest as they all believe they are the best and never wrong. Full of Bosses and no leaders. Not valued, just one of a number, and made fully aware if the fact. They dont appreciate the people who do graft and sell and hit targets, you just get slaughtered with those who dont. Zero work life balance, its all take and no give. Disparity of wages for the same people in the same role due to previous contracts is a disgrace and breeds negativity in the workplace. Very clicky, and little to no training given, just crack on. Targets move daily and the cost of a demo car is becoming ridiculous, where the big chiefs earn mega bucks and pay next to nothing , the grafters that line thier pockets pay heavily and work 55hours plus a week. Shame as it could be a good industry but ruined by blinkered pocket liners.

26 May 2022

Beware

Worked in a department there, few staff all spread out, learn job as you along, basic training as you will have to work it out what to do. Poor management, if you don't ask for help no one will help you, you are left on your own. Everyone sat at their desks as like it was a library. It was rhe most unusual job I've ever had. Quite all day very day. Pay was pretty poor given the job and the size of the company. Hours were flexible within reason and parking was OK.

15 September 2022

No work life balance

No work life balance, high managers treat you like a number, face needs to fit for you want to work there or you will be managed out. Not worth the stress

Cons

Wages

26 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of working at Inchcape. We appreciate and value your input as a former employee. At Inchcape we want everyone to feel empowered to take the lead on their development and I am sorry you feel there may have been negative aspects of your job role. To reward our colleagues, we have several benefit schemes in place which our colleagues and their families can benefit from. If you require any further assistance please speak with our dedicated HR team.

Great team and atmosphere

I was unsure about staying in the trade after my last position but decided to stick with it and try the main dealer experience. Very happy I made the move, great to be in a team that work together and look out for each other. Some stressful times, to be expected in any job, but glad to have colleagues around you who are on your side!

Pros

Great team atmosphere, no blame culture

Cons

Only team starting at 8am seems odd

22 February 2022
How lovely to receive your feedback, more so, in that your time with us is of a positive kind. We are proud to hear that your colleagues are supportive. We wish you every success in the future.

Friendly, productive and fast paced environment

No two days are the same which makes it a very fun environment. The management are always approachable and looking for new ways to help the teams and the company. The opportunity to earn more than your annual salary based on commission is an excellent addition. They encourage use of breaks and always care about any issues you may be facing.

Pros

Hourly brake, good hours, location is close to home, friendly staff, good benefits (ie discounts at other major retailers)

22 February 2022
Thank you for your lovely 5-star review. We really appreciate your comments about the working environment at Inchcape Retail UK.

Fun environment

Good balance of professionalism and excitement. The management are a laugh while keeping a level of maturity. For car sales the hours are not bad and they don’t make you feel bad for taking a lunch break like other car dealerships do.

22 February 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, may we wish you all the best for the future.

Inchcape is a brilliant place to work, work life balance is good and you have the potential to earn more than your salary.Management are open and approachable and always engaging making you feel like you are really part of the team.

Pros

Bonus scheme Work life balance Open and approachable Management Friendly staff

12 February 2022
Thank you for sharing your experience within Inchcape, we are thrilled to receive this information, wishing you all the best moving forward.

In summary the company is great to work for and I can easily rate it 5 stars.

I have worked for the company for about 4 months. I can say that my overall experience of working here so far is brilliant! The management go above and beyond in supporting me and other colleges, and the workplace environment is great and makes it a nice place to be and work. I would highly recommend working for the company.

12 February 2022
Your recommendation speaks volumes, we wish you a long and successful future with Inchcape, take care.

A Great place to work

I am currently a showroom hostess within the Inchcape VW Swindon dealership, and I have been with the company for 5 years. I am front of house staff and meet and greet customers, ensuring everyone is well looked after and alerting sales executives of their appointments. During my time at Inchcape, I have been extremely lucky to work with a lovely bunch of people who make my day fun. The Managers are also very approachable and are led by the Brand Manager who is always there to help with any concerns or issues. He has even allowed me to change my working hours to fit in with my work life balance, which has been amazing and I feel he genuinely cares about his staff wellbeing. This is probably the best job I have ever had and I enjoy everyday in work which is the most important factor given that we are here a long time!

Pros

Lovely comfortable environment clean and modern showroom

Cons

can be long hours but not within my role.

12 February 2022
How lovely to receive your feedback, more so, in that your time with us is of a positive kind, in support from your colleagues, all the best for the future.

Fantastic place to work

I have just completed my first week at Inchcape and it has been really great! Everyone has been really welcoming. All management and sales team have been really supportive of my training.

12 February 2022
Welcome, we are delighted to hear of your time with us, we wish you all the best moving forward, Take care

A tough industry at the best of times

The motor trade as a whole is a tough industry only made worse when retailers and their management have their own agenda's. Progression is slim pickings unless you get yourself in with the right people. Be a successful sales person and you wont progress as they are too short sighted and will just want you hitting numbers rather than help you climb the ladder.

Pros

Company Car although might be loaned out & good luck finding one when everyone has gone home

Cons

Long Hours, Patronising management, Targets being changed when you are about to hit them

15 August 2022
Your feedback is of most importance to us and we do thank you for taking the time to provide this, your feedback will be addressed internally, this is of importance, and may we wish you all the best for the future.

A great company to work for. A global PLC with real ambition and a clear vision. Very rewarding and an exciting place to work.

I have worked at Inchcape for over 10 years. They are a great company to work for. A forward thinking business with real ambition.They set really clear objectives and if you are the type of individual prepared to focus on the customer and the process you will exceed your objectives. The reward and recognition for your success is excellent. Added to this there are many other benefits including share schemes, colleague discounts and pension scheme.

Pros

Reward package, company vehicles, friends and family offers, clear objectives, great work environment

1 February 2022
Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave a review about our business. We’re glad to hear that your experience is a positive one. We welcome your honest feedback and appreciate you making us aware of your particular experience working at Inchcape. We wish you every success in the future.

Terrible company … Avoid ….

Stay away from this companyThey couldn’t not organise a wee up in a brewery. They are the most disorganised company full of old car dealers who have progressed to management. God forbid you put a complaint in to HR , Just goes straight back to management rather than being dealt with privately . This is the worst company I’ve ever been involved in.

29 January 2022
Good Morning,If you would like to discuss this privately please do so by contacting HR directly.

Management are not supportive

Went downhill ever since I started and got progressively worse to the point where I felt like I was forced to leave. management didn't care weather I stayed or left and there was no help to help me to continue working for Inchcape. i watched my co-workers get pushed out and felt like there was no other choice but to leave.

Pros

cant think of any

Cons

no support, treated like dirt

15 August 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inchcape Retail UK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement