Indeed

Indeed Employee Reviews

Featured review
Indeed selected this as a representative review
The company is changing and evolving constantly at an incredible pace, you need to feel comfortable with this as there is not always definitive answers to things.
Made me feel comfortable and secure in my job from day 1. If you need a chat they are always there and will make time for you. Communication between office staff and carers is good, keep you updated for daily changes. Company phones supplied with information about all customers. Helped me gain an extra qualification of nvq level 3. Ongoing learning using the internet for updated policy and procedures. They never give up on you. Really understanding and have helped me so much and have changed my life and outlook on life. Really supportive office staff.
Pros
Supportive and understanding
Cons
Treat people very badly. Don't care or listen to people when they need assistance. Poor training and attitude towards customers. Would not recommend Indeed
Cons
Poor communication
Official response from Indeed
12 April 2021
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about working in our London office. We're sorry to read you had a negative experience and would love to speak with you further on this. Please reach out to us on inside@indeed.com
a typical day at work is really good management are supportive the work place culture is multi cultural. The hardest part of the job is controlling substance misuse with the young person. the most enjoyable part of the job is when you get positive outcomes for the young people
Pros
free meals get to rest on shift
Cons
Indeed has been a very good company to work for and I hope to spend even more of my career here. The benefits are outstanding, however the stand out for me is the work life balance and flexibility to fulfill my role around having an excellent family life.
I have never worked in an environment with such a high standard of quality, capable employees. Also the product is so strong - it delivers incredible ROI for clients. Which gives you a tremendous amount of confidence, It's hard work but that is made up for with the benefits and a great atmosphere - everyone with a clear mission and pulling in the same direction
It’s not very often that you find a company that cares so much about investment - Indeed invests heavily in its product, its clients and it employees at equal measure. From the get go this fact is clear, there is no expense spared to ensure that employees are well looked after from training / line management to ensuring that no one ever goes hungry! Employees are given the trust to manage their time, their business and their own development with as much input as is required. I’ve experienced this first hand having been with the team for 9 months and I’m looking forward to staying for many more months and continuing to excel.
Pros
Unlimited holiday / snacks and drinks, people, development, training
Cons
Our core mission of 'helping people gets jobs' means that everyday I come to work I have a sense of duty. Alongside this core belief, the overall work package is unbelievable, we are paid extremely well, the perks are incredible including free drinks and snacks, unlimited time off, multiple team and company events to celebrate successes or seasonal events. Halloween for example needs to be seen to be believed! We also have a great ethos when it comes to work life balance, and flexible working is available for those who need it. I am treated like an adult and left to do the job I was employed to do. As long as I get my work done and achieve the results the business requires, I have great flexibility in my role. If I need support I get it, extra training is available and I have a clear career path internally. I love working at Indeed and would recommend it to anyone. Working in Sales my job consists of supporting the account in my book of business, whether that is meeting them for the first time and helping them understand the indeed platform, or more likely supporting clients with their ongoing recruitment needs. A large % of my time is spent outside the office visiting my agencies or clients. When I am in the office I would usually be supporting my CS team with campaign strategy, sending out proposals, updating internal systems, CRM etc and meeting with colleagues aligned to my accounts or 121 with my Director.
Pros
good pay, unlimited holiday, free drinks and snacks, flexible working
The reason I get up everyday and come to work is because of our mission 'We help people get jobs'. It is at the core of everything we do at Indeed and within the HR function we help people who help people get jobs, and for me that's pretty cool. Of course like any growing business there are challenges and obstacles to face but what big business doesn't have those? Come in with your eyes open, work hard and take advantage of all the great benefits Indeed has to offer. My particular favourite being our flexible working policy where if you deliver your objectives and perform well you can take time off to travel, relax and re-energise. The people are great and each office I have visited provides the type of relaxed working environment I enjoy. We have some improvements to make as we grow but I believe the leadership are aware of those and committed to work hard to fix them.
Pros
Free food, Flexible holiday policy, People, Mission, Manager, My Team, Culture
Cons
Rapid growth can make it stressful at times
Working for the number 1 job site in the world was the best decision I have made in my career to date. Working in sales as a National Account manager with key clients I help employers with the best solutions to find the best talent for their organisations. Helping people get jobs is our mantra and with a great network at Indeed providing all the tools , products and data to help you collaborate and partner with clients the job is exciting and fulfilling. The training is second to none and I have learnt so much in my time here so far with more to develop and the opportunity to develop and grow my career here from the hugely supportive and motivating management team. I love meeting with clients and working in partnership with them, as well as working as a wider team where everyone is working towards a collective goal. The team spirit, work ethic and culture of Indeed is amazing and the benefits superb.
Pros
Career progression, Private Healthcare, Breakfasts
Working at indeed in fantastic. Its a company which truly cares about its people and lives and breathes its mission - Helping people get jobs. Its a challenge being part of a hyper-growth company, but you learn something new every day, and you learn to change and adapt quickly! Fantastic benefits and salary.
Pros
Culture, free food, benefits, salary, flexibility
Great to work with a product that 'just works' for clients when using a combination of the huge amount of free of charge services along with the strategic paid-for products. - A well-known brand globally, and by far the market leader in my region - the UK - Very nice Central London office. - Energetic and driven team. - Good culture (team nights out, helpful colleagues), great onboarding (Dublin for entry to mid level, and New York for Senior level due to the location of the training talent for the senior onboarding sales programme). - Great perks including unlimited holiday (subject to management approval of course!), Private dental and healthcare, snacks, drinks, catered lunch on Wednesdays, catered brekkie on Fridays, and - - Happy Hour from 4pm Friday (food, chat and drinks), Apple laptop and more... - Fair pay and good bonus and commission structure. - Disruptive, flexible product, and cost effective for the client. - Continually evolving and growing product range. - Internal opportunities due to arise as headcount will continue to grow over next 1-2 years - Not micro managed
Pros
Unlimited holiday leave, selected catered lunches and breakfast, healthcare, dental care, team events, incentives, great culture, wellness programmes
Cons
Some back end internal systems need some updating, which will happen...
If you're looking to achieve above and beyond usual office/admin jobs then look elsewhere. I'll start by saying that this was not a role that I initially wanted, however, the lure of a great salary and benefits made my decision for me, however after 18 months with the company I regret taking the role as I feel that I gained no new skills or developed in any way whilst at Indeed. A usual day consisted of frustration with internal systems, frustration with the lack of documentation, the usual customer interactions and the interaction with colleagues in the U.S and/or Ireland as all administrative tasks must be recorded and redirected to the US/Ireland to be worked on and is exclusively done via the raising of tickets in the internal system called JIRA. Indeed's internal motto is "To deliver excellence quality and service to our customers, colleagues and teams worldwide" or something like that, it sounds good but unfortunately delivering excellence to colleagues isn't something that happens at Indeed, the way the ticketing system is implemented means if you make a single mistake on a ticket, (say you've marked it for X dept, instead of Y) this will simply be closed and you'll be asked to resubmit the ticket to the correct department, this means manually copy/pasting details from one screen to another, unfortunately ticket raising is a convoluted process (anywhere from 3 to 6 mins per ticket for simply turning on a feature) and this makes up about 85% of the job. Management is lacking in any real leadership and to me at least, if you're in the "management club" you'll - more...
Pros
Unlimited holiday, Salary, Bonus, Gifts
Cons
Lack of managerial leadership, unwilling to take negative criticism, unwilling to let employees outside of USA/Ireland develop skills and grow.
I worked at Indeed for 2 years as an Account Manager and loved it. Highly recommend you join this wonderful team!
Pros
Work/life balance. Good management
I've been with Indeed for roughly 18 months and love working here! I work remotely but always feel like part of the team and am lucky enough to have great management behind me!
Pros
Exciting working environment, constantly learning, positive management, very successful company
Cons
N/a