Independent Assessment Services logo
Independent Assessment Services

Independent Assessment Services Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Stressful and target driven

IAS aka Atos complete assessment forms for PIP benefit for decision making by DWP.Initial training is great, feel supported and motivated. However , once passed probation, you are pushed to meet targets and are micro/performance managed in every aspect of your work. If you dont cut it, they are ruthless. Clinically, your knowledge doesn't matter as the DWP case managers arent clinical, so you are dumbing down your clinical knowledge. Team are great, Managers certainly have favourites. You're either made for this pressure or not. Def not for me, never cried so much in a job due to feeling so demoralised and clinically inept.

Pros

able to work from home, good salary

Cons

micromanaged, performance and target driven

Stressful, poor culture throughout the company

Very stressful environment, you are expected to lie to claiments daily as to why they can't be seen when its due to overbooking, health care professionals are trained to reject 75% of claims at 1st assessment, culture of intimidation & bullying. Management are only interested in numbers & little orno support given to staff who are struggling

Pros

Wages are good as are finacial benifits

Cons

Ignorant mangers who have little or no peoples skills, culture of bullying & intimidation

I have worked for the business coming up 8 years & I have never known a company to look after its staff as much as IAS, The benefits it has to offer are excellent, the support given is outstanding & overall family feel to the business really makes you feel valued. Yes it is hard work however you get out what you put in like any role ... flexibility & work life balance are key for me & this is 100% promoted & evident within each role.

Exciting and fast paced

I have worked for IAS for 3 years and thoroughly enjoy my role. The organisation has spent a lot of time and money transforming the way it operates and it is making a real difference. I feel trusted to get on with what I need to do, encouraged to look after my mental health and feel completely supported. The work is exciting and varied. The focus on claimants and the service they receive is really important and shines through every day.

Pros

Great terms and conditions

Great people who listen to what's working and what needs to be improved

I have worked for IAS now since 2014 and have progressed into different role and departments during this time. I find the company has an open culture and they are constantly looking for suggestions as to how they can improve. They participate in staff surveys, share results and have a regular feedback spaces open so we can always voice how we feel about some of the key areas of change or implementation. The people are great and really want you to be the best version of your self, right from the management to the team members - we have great opportunity to be rewarded and recognized through the scheme's that they have in place and promote. If you are looking for a challenge and really want to make a difference this is 100% the company for you. progression is down to you but is available should you want it. I have never worked for a company as flexible or committed to making change for the right reasons in all my career and Im mid 40`s so this is a varied career.

Pros

Great benefits, teamwork and people

Cons

We work hard, this is not really a con but we are passionate about what we do and getting it right.

Great to work for

The work can be challenging however there is lots of support available. The benefits are excellent and the company is flexible . There are a lot of opportunities once you have achieved the necessary skills and you have lots of options.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Can be stressful/ lots of feedback

Not a job for a caring person

The company have no scruples. You are being paid to try and stop people claiming for disability benefits. Some of the people I worked with are racist and judgemental. You need to be ruthless and uncaring to work for them.

Pros

Free healthcare scheme- office hours

Cons

You have to be very hard, have no conscience, be uncaring to be happy working for Atos.

Poor management, no support

Lack of support from management, both operational and clinical. Will push you to get through the intense training and to promise an extensive training pack again, however once training is complete you are lucky to hear off management. Called every day whilst off sick to see when I was coming back to work. Pressure to come back early and to help get through the caseload. Almost pressured to do overtime by senior management.

Pros

Okay salary

Cons

Pressure, poor structure, lack of leadership

I wouldn’t recommend it

I was dropped in at the deep end with very little training. Management were not supportive when I needed surgery and there was a culture of bullying.

Pros

City centre location

Cons

Very little training, large workload, unpleasant working environment

Not good

I have never worked for a company like it. Unrealistic targets. 6 month probation and can lose your job at a moments notice. Target drive and incredibly stressful which is why the wage is good

Pros

Good working hours

Cons

Stressful

Stressful +++

Two week residential training. If you don’t pass certain parts you have to leave. Third week doing job with mentor- again can be told to leave if not performing well enough. Then doing job but all cases audited. Have to get 5 A passes in a row to get certified. Fairly good support but in office till well after 7 every night trying to finish reports. Management not interested in that- only quality of reports. Worked from home after 4 months but again working many more hours than getting paid for. Sent all over the place but manager not interested. Felt so stressed that I left after 6 months. What a relief!

Pros

Reasonable salary

Cons

Very pressurised

Impossible targets

Expecting too much of staff, constant pushing to assess more clients. Impossible targets and the need for you to work way beyond 9 to 5 promised to complete assessments with constant IT issues which were rarely resolved. Bullying punitive approach if targets not fulfilled, non healthcare line managers who were clueless about NMC guidelines etc.

poor

Stressful. Company only cares about productivity. Do not recommend if you want peace of mind. Great benefits but it does push your mental health to the limit

I found it very stressful

Training is thorough and excellent. Mentor-ship in early stages then non existent. Little consideration of an individuals abilities focused on targets

Good salary, very pressured

This is a good job if you are prepared to work hard, and don't become conflicted about the impact of your work on the people that come across your desk. Highly stressful, you need a head to hold a lot of information and given the sheer amount of work expected of you in a day, good typing skills and a core of iron.

Great people

Clinical and non-clinical colleagues are friendly and supportive and the training you receive to enable you to carry out clinical assessments is excellent

Pros

Great Clinical training for new disability assessors, fast paced

Cons

if you don't like fast paced then it's not for you

Oppressive and negative working environment

Have never worked with a nicer group of health professionals, however the ops manager and clinical manager of office are possibly the most vile individuals I have ever encountered in my working career. Employees are targeted indiscriminately and often bullied until they leave the company. Team managers, who generally have come from call centre backgrounds, are expected to lead teams of very experienced nurses, OTs etc and micro manage them to achieve ridiculous productivity targets. Salary is reasonable but this is an absolute necessity in order to tolerate a role here.

Pros

Colleagues

Cons

Don’t even contemplate if you’re at all distracted!

The staff at the site were all fantastic and very supportive but this job was just not for me! I was led to believe it was a nice Mon-Fri 9-5 with good pay and benefits. The training is long and if you don't agree with your mentor you’re scuppered ‘Take your nurse’s hat off’ is what I was told on a daily basis and it’s true, you’re not expected to care. I’m not in a good place in my personal life right now and just couldn’t cope with being under the microscope so I lasted just about 2 months

Appalling. Dont touch it

Appalling bullying company. Bad practice. No autonomy. No professional respect. Managed by bankers and supermarket managers. Very high staff turn over. Threatening culture.

Stressful and unrealistic

Stressful and unrealistic. Impossible targets and contradictory advice. Client is not valued. Staff retention is not good and sicknesss levels are high

Stressful and product-driven for little remuneration

OK if you are a nurse or healthcare worker just starting out- yes then the salary offered is good- don't go near it if you are an experienced nurse like me- what they offer for the level of stress is not worth it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Independent Assessment Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8