Independent People Homecare

Independent People Homecare Employee Reviews

United Kingdom20 reviews

Live in care

Loved working with independent people. Had a supportive manager and field supervisor. Left because I wanted a change other wise live in care was good. Not every client you would get is going to Co operate but you can get support and help from the office

good environment to work ,

I always work with much pleasure at ip homecare. We have have a very energic team in the office , there is a very positive vibe. A lot of improvements has made. to support the field staff. systems are in place to keep customers safe. there is room for development and progress.

Insights into Independent People Homecare

What people like
  • Energising work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Productive and best care company

Ive been working for 2 years with iphomecare its one of the best live in Care companies i have worked with. I don't think i would like to work anywhere else. Best FSCs and support all year around. Improved alot. Management are at their best. Couldn't ask for more when it comes to clients.

Perfect community

Excelent cooperation, high level of backgrounds, perfect management, perfect covid19 protection and keeping of all rules about, excelent trainings, perfect stuff and productive workplace

Would not recommend

I would not recommend this company. Staff is not professional, they do not respond to emails or calls till they need you. You will not get full time hours.

Not for those wishing for a personal life

Work balance is awful. Promised fair time off but often worked 7 days a week and often over 12 hours day on weekend. Select staff were constantly calling in sick meaning the Senior worked every day. Scheduled days off were often cancelled due to staff calling in sick and having to pick you the rounds. Wage doesn’t reflect the level of job responsibilities or Hours worked.

Not good company

Really let down as a employee with this company . Lack of support through my time their . Never seen anyone during most of my placements. Working 5 weeks at a time with no support . This was 2 years ago . Maybe they have changed now and supporting their staff more

Nice clients but an awful company

As a Community Carer I have been involved with people from all walks of life and catered for their needs from cleaning, washing up, tidying, identifying risks within their living environment, identifying health and safety issues, providing personal care and administering medication. I have cultured a good rapport with customers and always attempt to provide motivation for them. This role has required me to work unusual hours which I have been happy to do. I had not been involved in care work before but feel I have embraced the role and perform the tasks to a very high level.

Terrible

To keep things short, this company does not care about its staff at all. You are not paid as stated. If you're looking for live in care work, do your mental health a favour and look elsewhere.

Great care company to work for.

I work as a live-in carer. The office team and care managers are very supportive and helpful. Very good salary compared to other companies, I would recommend working here.

Pros

Great support

I am a live-in carer, and been working for 7 months it has been a great place to work, nice service users and learnt a lot about care. Management is supportive and listens to what you have to say.every call is received by the office which makes you comfortable in times of need. the hardest part is the long travels but is been good and the pay is okay, minimum wage rate as a live-in carer.

Pros

Great management, supportive and very helpful and great training.

Cons

travel and pay

Great Management Lovely Service Users 14.50 pay is a lie!

The pay is 7.85 per hour, I do not get how they can say 14.50, it's a joke. I am NVQ level 3 with 5 years experience I earn typically 7.85 an hour. The miles between calls can tot up and the mileage pay isn't great they do it via the quickest route which isn't always the route you can take. Be wary keep track of what you have worked and your miles and make sure you get payed correctly. Live in caters get 60-80 pound a day an they can be waking nights and also require you to look after the other half when you won't be getting any extra pay. You will not get sick pay either. Just be wary. A good little part time job but never going to supply you with enough to live off.

Pros

Not many. Nice service users.

Cons

Hmm I'll let you see for yourself.

Great and rewarding place to work

I enjoy my role at Independent People as my role as Recruitment Apprentice both gives me experience in the field but it's also rewarding in the sense that I am helping clients find the best carers around the country. The management constantly shows me ways in how I can improve on my work. They also help me with my coursework outside of the work environment.

Pros

Rewarding

Cons

Apprenticeship pay

great place to work

great company to work with been working for them for the last 7 months the team in the officeare dedicated to assisting carers deliver a great service to their clients pay isn't great but ok would reccomend this company to anyone considering a career in care work

Pros

warm friendly caring company

Cons

unsociable hrs minimum wage

Enjoyable time at work

I worked for IP Homecare for nearly two years, in that time my role developed drastically. Yes some days were more stressful than others but all jobs are the same in that way. The directors of the company are very friendly and approachable whether it be with a personal issue or a work issue they would always take the time to listen and find ways to support you through the difficult times. I left my position to progress and develop more in my career, I met some really lovely people during my time.

Pros

I could always be myself without fear of being judged

Cons

The pay could have been a little better

Worst company I have ever worked for

Possibly the worst company I have ever worked for. No breaks. No organisation. Not a very caring company towards customers and staff. Office staff have an attitude and abrupt. Unprofessional. Send you on calls were you need parking permits but don’t arrange permits resulting in a fine which they don’t pay. Aviod !

Pros

Cons

Unrealistic rounds in unrealistic time scales

Live in care

I've enjoyed working, I've worked here for 2 years and have enjoyed every moment of it. I have built my confident as a carer and have learnt a lot from this place ment

Good company of people to work with.

Good company of people to work with. friendly and great term work. Very understanding and cooperate.I will like to recommend them to any body.

Pros

free lunch

I had fun

I am hard worker and willing to learn new things willing to have a job to enjoyable It would good to work the hardest part of the job was good

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Work all day with no breaks

I work all day with no breaks, anything they say they will do, they never do.... I would not recommend this company to anyone

Pros

Cons

no advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Independent People Homecare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement