Infosys

Infosys Employee Reviews for Technology Lead

Productive and funplace to work.Really good company to work.You get to work on variuos technologies.Good offshore campuses and also have good clientbase across the globe.
Good It is a good workplace with nice infrastructure. There are no enough casual leaves though. Overall it is good to work with Infosys. Salary wise it is moderate
Good place to work. It gives you work life balance. It gives you the opportunities to collaborate with different teams in all geo locations. It had presence all over the world
Incomplete, reduntant cumbersome processes. Low salary, no hikes. Inefficient & incapable managers putting lots of pressure to deliver and imputating others for failure.
Good oppurtunities to learn and explore different career oppurtunities and career build options and proactive learning curve. Management and work cluture
Nice place to work, Flexible timings and has good work life balance. Nice training for the freshers and seniors and team are very friendly and supportive.
Fulfilling and enriching experience with lot of learning and great work culture. Internal training access available for continuous learning.Good environment and good policies for employees.
I applied a job with 7 years of job experience, a masters degree from University of Florida and work experience from the US, still they recruited me into a position of Technology Analyst, to which they usually promote people at 3-4 years of work experience. My hard earned masters degree from the US was good for nothing when joined this company in India. It's good that they finally promoted me to Technology Lead, but I am still in that role in London with over 11 years of work experience now. I had one of the most horrible experiences in my career with Infosys management, in London and was always under threat of losing my job, mainly because of unsupportive managers and bad politics.
Pros
Onsite opportunities outside India if you are in good terms with your managers
Cons
Bad politics, poor management
The workplace if good if you joined the organization as a fresher. The management gives preference to those who are more likely to understand the culture of Infosys. The company as such doesn't have 360 degrees feedback which makes the employee vulnerable to his boss's say.
Management was supportive. Good Learning Exposure. Wide Client Exposure, as good as working at client location. Good Infrastructure. Employee Friendly and employee caring.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Infosys?
On a typical day I work for Infosys customers as IT service supplier leading software professionals, providing technical expertise in different projects related to business intelligence, data warehouse development and support/maintenance for existing data warehouses. Most enjoyable part of my job is leading the team injecting technical expertise while contributing as developer at the same time. Managing different stakeholders including dev team spread across globe, business users, managers from customer and employer provides healthy challenge.
Pros
opportunities to learn and grow as IT professional
Cons
Salary
Work from home is a good facility provided. I am working with the company for 8 years. A good employer which rewards for the potential of candidates. Co-workers are friendly and approachable. The hardest part of job are stringent deadlines which involves to work in weekends as well. The most enjoyable part of jobs are project parties, awards, recognition and celebration
Pros
Management Decisions
Cons
Long Hours
I've learnt so much in the last 4.5 years at Infosys. I had exposure to consulting experience which I cherish, opportunities to lead the projects and hence interact with the leaders at customer location on a regular basis. It has indeed been an invaluable experience.
Pros
Exposure to technologies, various in-house teaching mediums for learning
Cons
Slow growth, Out-of-the-box ideas are not always appreciated. Too many managerial hierarchies
Infosys is a great company to kick start your career as it will give you a good platform to realize your strengths and realign them to your future prospects. There is least importance on work-life balance and it becomes worse as you grow up the ladder.
Pros
highly systematic, world class intranet, superior growth opportunities
Cons
delayed, misdirected communication between the corporate and the employees.