Infosys

Infosys Management reviews

One of the market leaders for offshore delivery and management of complex IT programmes. 160,000 global SME's. Not always aligned with their on, near and off shore service and delivery model.
Started really exited about working there then started training there the trainer was a total racist constantly making black jokes i was so angry as my children are mixed race i complained to hr who tried to sweep it under the carpet dont go there if your of another nationality disgrace of a company
Pros
Cons
Bullys and racists every where
Overall, it seems like the company is struggling with the workload and try to make promises to stakeholders they cannot keep. Management need to up the game and have proper processes in place.
Pros
nice office i guess plus decent tea
Cons
Incomplete, reduntant cumbersome processes. Low salary, no hikes. Inefficient & incapable managers putting lots of pressure to deliver and imputating others for failure.
Good oppurtunities to learn and explore different career oppurtunities and career build options and proactive learning curve. Management and work cluture
Infosys gives opportunities, the important thing here is to identify the same and cash in on it. When I started working at Infosys, it was difficult for me to establish a place for myself in the good books of management. But with sheer effort and dedication I could successfully do that and now I am in a position where my opinion has started to matter.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Sometimes it becomes monotonous.
The worst place I’ve ever worked. Understaffed, there’s times you don’t get your lunch break. Once you get to work there’s no moving from your post so your eyes are constantly on the computer screen. I use to leave work with headaches.
Cons
Good, Challenging, multi tasking, Team work, Innovation. Great place to work. Employee friendly. Very professional and the management takes great care of its employees. Provided plenty of opportunity to learn
Management responds to employee's passion like change of technology or role or travel abroad etc. Great company with great work culture. Good to be a part of this company.
This is my first company straight out of college and it has been a really great experience working for this organization. The work culture and the facilities have been world class. Since all my fellow colleagues work as one unit the work never felt hard at any time. Management and seniors were always around to give valuable feedback and help whenever required.
Pros
great work culture and infrastructure
Gives opportunity to play new roles Poor management and lack of long term vision Struggle to have work life balance as customer satisfaction is utmost priority. Huge knowledge base with plenty of learning programs. Less employee friendly. Lengthy operational processes and bureaucracy takes away employee satisfaction
Pros
Free phone and broadband
Cons
Long office hours
Training - Infosys gives very much importance to skill training of the employees Projects - Most of the projects are support related and is therefore not a technically challenging environment. Growth - Learning of new technologies is limited as most of the projects are based on legacy technologies. Workplace culture: Supportive managers and team Overall: Good company for a fresher.
Pros
Training, Workplace
Cons
Growth, Compensation
I work in multiple domains and have many extra responsibilities out of my role as they know my experience at the corporate world level. I sit on many management groups within Europe and globally in my practice.
Pros
Mass depth of various clients and solutions to deliver
Cons
The culture is a little strange
Good place to start you career with .You will get lot of learning opportunities .The management is good and co operative . Some challenging projects to work upon.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Stagnant Growth
Easy going job. Job Security. Good technical advanced projects Excellent Infrastructure Excellent option for fresher. Need improvement in management.
Not much scope for progression in the company. 5 years Experience guy and a 13 years experience guy are both at same designation, which completely screws the work atmosphere. Work life balance screwed with new standard policy in place for working and staying in office compulsorily for 9.15 hours and that will be tracked Quarterly - which will subsequently impact the Variable if less that 9.15 hours are tracked. No scope for learning, Variables, and increments are publicly said something that is not paid internally. All these are backed by poor management and highly volatile and shaky leadership at the top who are themselves getting 60% hike and giving employees 0%.
Pros
Cons
Mentioned above
Infosys has a very good workplace culture and management policies. If you work hard, you can enjoy your time and grow your career. It has fun activities for employees.
typical day is pursuing clients and submitting proposals. learnt to work in a virtual dynamic environment, management can be improved significantly, workspace culture is distant and can be difficult for new hires.
Pros
work ethos, values and brand
Cons
slow, risk averse and needs to have deep strategic focus
I applied a job with 7 years of job experience, a masters degree from University of Florida and work experience from the US, still they recruited me into a position of Technology Analyst, to which they usually promote people at 3-4 years of work experience. My hard earned masters degree from the US was good for nothing when joined this company in India. It's good that they finally promoted me to Technology Lead, but I am still in that role in London with over 11 years of work experience now. I had one of the most horrible experiences in my career with Infosys management, in London and was always under threat of losing my job, mainly because of unsupportive managers and bad politics.
Pros
Onsite opportunities outside India if you are in good terms with your managers
Cons
Bad politics, poor management
The company does not have a practical sales or delivery approach with exploitative and unintelligent compensation policies and poor HR management practices.
The workplace if good if you joined the organization as a fresher. The management gives preference to those who are more likely to understand the culture of Infosys. The company as such doesn't have 360 degrees feedback which makes the employee vulnerable to his boss's say.