Ingeus
Happiness score is 51 out of 100

Ingeus Employee Reviews

United Kingdom152 reviews

Overall not bad company

Management could be better, what this company lacks at time is organisation.The company has in multiple occasions given misleading information to his staff.

Pros

Flexible working

Unrealistic KPI no reward

I was an Employment Account manager in London, I was told by senior management it wasn't an account management role but a sales role. You were expected to hit high targets was promised a commission structure from January 2021 but still nothing 10 months later. The management was poor and unrealistic and unappreciative I couldn't stay there any longer I was disappointed time after time. When most of the team are either off sick or have left or want to leave you know it's time to go.

Pros

Helping people into work

Cons

Unrealistic KPI's

Job club

Company to help you get back into work. Worst few months of my life. Kept giving me jobs that didn’t would not work with my disability. Threatening sanctions if I went to hospital appointments. Caused me more stress. I ended up finding a job on my own without there help. Totally useless

Fast paced, productive & fun place to work

Gives me job satisfaction, work from home comfort, sufficient opportunity for well-being and great perks too. No single day is the same as different clients need to be served. The job itself gives me the satisfaction of supporting those out of jobs and really looking to get back into employability, explore their passions & skills and land a job they will enjoy.

Pros

Co-operative team

Cons

Can get mundane due to repetition of tasks.

Hmmm

Was made redundant after three months! Nice company a very weird job and a lot of driving involved which I didn’t mind, it’s a shame the contract didn’t work out.

Pros

Lots of free time

Cons

Made redundant after three months, relied on winning contracts

Extremely stressful, too much admin, Unrealistic targets and KPI's

I worked at ingeus for 3 months but my time there was terrible from day one. You have a week of training (which was poor) and then your expected to hit targets from day 1. I had no clue what to do even after the actual training which was supposed to prepare me for the actual role I was then thrown in the deep end and expected to do well. There is a lot of micro-managing and a lack of empathy . I was giving a caseload of difficult to work with people made up of individuals my colleagues with years of experience had trouble with (everyone gives you their worst candidates) . They gave me people who either couldnt work due to health reasons or had no intention of working. Many were foreign who couldn't speak english and had no qualifications or any work experience but your expected to somehow get them into a job during the pandemic !! . There is a ridiculous amount of Admin which was unnecessary and took away from the actual job of helping people. Ingeus is more about tick boxes and targets as opposed to actually helping people sadly. It's a miserable and depressing place to work and I felt undervalued and overworked.

Horrible

This company is great at selling themselves, hiding the fact the job is riddled with unrealistic targets and KPIs, many of which are out of your control. The management spoke to stuff in an unprofessional manner regularly, and every day a new target or process is brought in that you are expected to understand or implement at the drop of a hat. Members of staff were not treated equally, while some were favourited, others had a grudge held against them over very very minor issues. The caseloads and admin work is hard to manage, and any falling behind on those is some sort of awful sin through managers eyes. The level of help participants actually get is debatable, many are just seen as number to check boxes, and are pushed from pillar to post. Its micromanagement galore too, after being told to make sure we had no gaps in our diary in case higher management looked and thought we were doing no work. We were also told sometimes you just have to throw other staff members under the bus to protect yourself, which is so sad. The importance of numbers is understandable, but its all this company cares about, if you fall short or don't forecast high enough you are targeted, and management are cold, rude and patronising. The high salary stands as an incentive to stay in my eyes, as I can't see any other reason you would want to.

Pros

Cons

everything

Excellent place to work

Worked as senior administrator well paid for a very busy,challenging job.Excellent benefits and no 2 days where the same. Worked with a very professional but fun team where we all worked together to support each other with targets.

Pros

Free breakfast and excellent benefits

Cons

Made redundant

Need to be self motivated and focused

Ringing clients before session booking them on next class attention to detail work meeting deadlines daily client retention monitored to meet KPI which are set very highThe work is changing people’s life style for better health helping to reduce their prediabetic conditions to remission helping them maintain their balanced diet and exercise In addition understanding each one has different needs and life style able to help with exercise to their ability and medical conditionSome people able to join in Zoom and others foaling in and unable to see powerpoints ringing them after session and follow up in slides can be hard as people have lack of IT skills and some are hard of hearing

Pros

Work phone and laptop

Cons

Lots of admin involved inputting personal data

Work hard, good rewards

Meeting scheduled clients for arranged appointments, in a variety of ways, face to face, group, by email or phone.Autonomous working practices but within a supportive and encouraging environment.Workplace culture promotes learning, to enable each advisor to provide the best service and experience for the clients.The hardest part of the job is helping to change the mindset of the long-term unemployed and promoting the benefits of working for their self esteem, physical and mental wellbeing.Most enjoyable part is previously unemployed clients going into suitable, sustainable employment.

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

Targets high but attainable

Completely KPI Focused

The company appeared to have a great ethos ‘on paper’ during my induction, however pretty soon I realised that they don’t practice what they preach. They teach you to ‘speak up’, but myself and my team were targeted when we did. We were trying to tell our management that the new workload they wanted us to take on would leave us without time for breaks, which is illegal! They tried to have many of us fired as a result, saying we weren’t being team players.... They also decided they wanted to stop paying our mileage - also illegal. The management style was very bullying and threatening.

Pros

Cheap health insurance, could work from home.

Cons

Long hours, unsupportive management, target-focused ethos.

Productive and during COVID working from home was manageble

working from home was a great experianceGreat ethics and all teammates try to conduct themselves in the best way possible. Good management and healthy work life balance however I'm sure all managers are different however strict and fair at the most times.

Pros

Ability to work from home

Cons

COVID has made getting participants into work very difficult

Fair & Equal Employer

A great place to work that offers excellent progression and a fair management structure.This is a corporate company and they live by their values helping others

Pros

Exceptional Salaries

Needed to be self motivated and focused

You had to manage your own workload meeting the KPI na d be on top of your game. Always research about your topic. Management were there at the end of the phone. Team meetings were held once every two weeks

Cons

No job security

if you like working to targets this is the job for you

if you like working to targets this is the company for you. it's all about targets and little to do with actually supporting or helping anyone . they talk the talk but don't walk the walk . poor management & untrustworthy

Cons

poor management

Ex worker

I was Tupe over to this company in 2011 to run Work Programme. I was there until 2017. I found the company to be fair and well paid. Our office was like a family although it was very corporate. Management was fair and transparent. The work was hard and stressful at times given to an ever changing business model that was determined by government policy rather than ingeus. themselves

Pros

Good working environments

Cons

Stressful caseloads

Team/Talent driven productive enviroment

During my time at Ingeus I found collaborative working was heavily encouraged in all of the areas of the business I worked with and in. I found the management structure to be clear and welcoming and felt very supported. My personal line manager was open to continued training and encouraged input in all areas. I really enjoyed working for Ingeus and would recommend.

Unethical and unprofessional

In reality this is a clinical mental health services role which is defensively described by management as a non-clinical role, because management has neither the mental health experience nor mental health qualifications to run the service; they are only interested in meeting KPI's and on-boarding new participants in order to gain performance related pay from the DWP. Caseloads are consistently held at between 80 and 100 when even the basic necessities of the contract would limit caseloads to a maximum of 50 (given weekly working hours) to ensure anything approaching a professional, helpful and safe service. They treat their staff appallingly; after 6 months my intake group were the longest serving employees within the south region the team. Avoid.

Never work for them!

A poor management and they don't care about supporting their employees. The employees are treated like minions to benefit greedy and selfish managers.

Pros

Cons

Every aspect of the job and very poor management.

Some job satisfaction but at a price

In theory a great job with a company that has great values helping individuals succeed in life overcoming health issues, disability, long term unemployment or just maturing. Unfortunately as an employee you are not looked after, not listened to and Ingeus loses good people unnecessarily. Make sure you are aware of what will be expected of you at the start, it’s evidence you may need.

Good company

Supporting, friendly could be stressful but support recieved in the first 2 yrs of role. Overall I would work for this company again. Really enjoy the first 2 years of contact. Met some lovely friends and have left with more as personal.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ingeus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7