InHealth

InHealth Employee Reviews

Well organised, managed and structured service. Staff very committed and passionate about what they do. Thank you all for your support. Working in this service has been a great experience.
Pros
Support and training
Cons
Working from home often too accessible.
5 February 2021
What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. We're delighted that you have been part of the InHealth team and that you worked with such passionate and committed people. All the best in your ongoing journey.
I didn't enjoy my timeDoesn't care about their employees.Colleagues supported Miss management for the whole job not organized for the new startersEach year management changedEach year new ideas but did not work at allDue to Poor Management, most of the staff have left.
Pros
Tea& Coffee free
Cons
Unorganised Management
17 May 2021
Thank you for reviewing your time with InHealth – I am disappointed to read about your experience, especially as we have made great progress in the last year to address some of the points you have raised. The InHealth MRI service at Frimley Park Hospital has a very settled team now, with a Service Manager who has been in place for the past year, an Administration Manager for the past 7 months, and an experienced team of clinical leaders. Administration staff turnover was identified as a high priority in 2020 and despite COVID-19 affecting the service, we took steps to recognise the need to attract new employees, along with retaining existing loyal team members. The Administration Manager also put in place a structured training schedule to ensure support for new employees at every step of their journey with us, and only moving on when all parties were happy with the progress made.The management team actively encourage open feedback and ensure that regular 1:2:1’s and appraisals take place, with an achievable Personal Development Plan produced for every colleague. Time is allocated for training to be undertaken and we now have two fully qualified Mental Health First Aiders to ensure that team members have as much support as possible, even if they just need a quick chat with a friendly face who is there to listen. We ensure that feedback given in the annual staff survey is recognised, communicated, and acted upon.In regards to the comment that “most of the staff have left”, I’m delighted to say that this is very much not the case and we currently have no vacancies at all, - more...
Too many managers not knowing the job, ask a question to better yourself or learn and they have no answers too busy sat eating or in Internet. Morons.
Pros
Office cat
Cons
Office mongs
13 April 2021
Thank you for sharing your review – I am really sorry to hear that you feel this way. The call handling support that our team at the Patient Referral Centre in Rochdale is key to helping our patients feel supported. We pride ourselves on delivering a positive staff experience at all times and what you describe is not in line with our expectations, so I’m sorry to hear that you feel otherwise.All staff complete a detailed 3 month induction programme, which focusses on making sure everyone has the tools and support they need to carry out their role as well as they can. This starts with a week of classroom training and also includes a mix of face-to-face, on-the-job and online learning. All our staff and managers are expected to adhere to our values of Trust, Passion, Care and Fresh Thinking. Advisor objectives are centred around these values and providing a great service; rather than meeting operational targets. In-line with these company values, managers will regularly coach and check-in with advisors. This is in order to continuously improve the services that we deliver, to ensure that staff feel fully supported in the role that they do and to help staff with any career progression or goals. Staff engagement and attrition are also key objectives which are crucial to the success of the business and are monitored very carefully. Both are in line with, if not exceeding, both company and industry standards.I will share your review with our People Services Team, so that we can investigate further and take the right steps to address any issues. If you’re happy to, please email - more...
I loved every minute I worked at inhealth it was only a temp placement so was only there for short of 8 weeks and there’s not one thing I could complain about.
5 March 2021
What a fantastic review! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. We're incredibly proud of our support of the NHS 111 service, so thanks for being a part of it. All the best!
1 Day training expected to know what to do without given sufficient training. Get treated like kids have to ask to do menial tasks which take longer. Clock watch down to the second. Inner circle which get given more opportunity's and preferential treatment. talk a good talk but never gets put into practice and the day to day is very mundane as no incentives no opportunities to progress you do not need much skill to be taken on as they just want numbers and a very high turn around in staff as they don't treat employees as people you are a bot
Pros
Cons
Management dead end
21 January 2021
Thank you for sharing your review – I am really sorry to hear that you feel this way. The call handling support that our team at the Patient Referral Centre in Rochdale provide, is key to helping our patients feel supported. We pride ourselves on delivering a positive staff experience at all times and what you describe is not in line with our expectations, so I’m sorry to hear that you feel otherwise.All staff complete a detailed 3 month induction programme, which focusses on making sure everyone has the tools and support they need to carry out their role as well as they can. This starts with a week of classroom training and also includes a mix of face-to-face, on-the-job and online learning. All our staff and managers are expected to adhere to our values of Trust, Passion, Care and Fresh Thinking. Advisor objectives are centred around these values and providing a great service; rather than meeting operational targets. In-line with these company values, managers will regularly coach and check-in with advisors. This is in order to continuously improve the services that we deliver, to ensure that staff feel fully supported in the role that they do and to help staff with any career progression or goals. Staff engagement and attrition are also key objectives, which are crucial to the success of the business and are monitored very carefully. Both are in line with, if not exceeding, both company and industry standards.I will share your review with our People Services Team, so that we can investigate further and take the right steps to address any issues. If you’re happy to, please - more...
This company has become to big and is managed by people in positions and job titles who haven’t a clue ! Your working in a scanner that’s been designed by a person with a fancy job title who’s got no idea. HR say they care but turn a blind eye to exactly what’s going on . Morale is at an all time low in all frontline departments because of double standards caused by clueless so called managers. They’re only interested in money and all this we care policy isn’t true .HQ haven’t a clue .In today’s predicament radiographers are at risk everyday, faulty equipment and poor health and safety standards .The new mobile scanners are awful and uncomfortable work stations so please don’t be fooled by the advert saying they’re wonderful ! I wouldn’t recommend working here
Pros
Pension
Cons
Bad management
21 January 2021
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review – I’m sorry to hear that your experience with InHealth wasn’t more positive. I’m concerned about your comments related to health and safety standards, since our approach is managed through extensive Clinical Quality Team involvement and our formal reporting system, which captures all incidents and makes sure that we learn from each one. Patient safety, and that of our staff, is always at the top of our priorities, so please contact me directly with specific detail and I will be able to investigate concerns. In terms of our new mobiles, which use state-of-the-art technology, all of these were designed with clinical staff involvement, to make sure that from a user perspective, we have input and influence from those who will be operating the technology. We know that we can always improve in areas across InHealth, but from a management perspective, we pride ourselves in our strong management team, who have significant clinical experience. For our mobiles team specifically, our latest Staff Survey showed great staff engagement and feedback on our approach to leadership. I’d be really interested to hear more about your concerns and would encourage you to contact me directly, so that we can learn from any further feedback. Many thanks, Martyn BeckettDirector of Operations
So many faults. Poor communication. Terrible salary. Appalling choices in management, employing managers that have no idea of the department, no leadership skills, no people management and certainly no empathy. Staff members not wanting to come to work and crying at work due to frustration. Treated like an idiot. HR.... Leavers waiting for a call about their exit interview. No interest in the employees, just figures and money. Can not mention anything to higher management as staff are concerned that they will be sacked as this has happened in the past.
4 January 2021
Thanks for leaving a review. I’m really disappointed to hear about your experience with InHealth, especially as a Manager of one of our teams. Our recruitment process is designed to find great leaders who can support teams and provide advice and guidance, so I am very concerned about your feedback. People and patients are the priority at InHealth, we invest in training for our managers from supervisor level, right up to senior leadership, so we can deliver the best staff experience we can. I would really like to know more about your experience so that we can understand what has gone wrong for you and your team, so would very much encourage you to contact me directly at Leanne.Gardiner@Inhealthgroup.com. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback and I hope to hear from you shortly. Leanne GardinerDirector of People Services
Busy long days, very difficult after covid and requirements from sites. Break periods comprised as it’s very difficult to keep up with list and timings and also no cleaning times allocated in between patients. Operations Manager rarely available to discuss daily issues or answer the phone and if she does never has an answer. Staff mainly have leads as first point of contact to support them. Great company with great values but poor management over the last years. Lots of poor skilled agency staff
Pros
Values
10 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Throughout COVID-19, we have put in place strict cleaning rotas to ensure that all of our clinical areas are as safe as possible. If you have specific concerns about the approach to infection prevention and control, I would encourage you to speak to your Line Manager in the first instance. If you feel that your concerns are not resolved, please further escalate to the Head of Operations, myself, HR Business Partner or our Freedom to Speak Up Guardians. If you have concerns about leadership, or have suggestions for how we can continuously improve the working environment for our staff, please contact me directly. All of our managers are there to support their teams and should behave in line with our leadership behaviours and values, so I am keen to understand if this is not the case.Please contact me directly if you would like to share more detailed feedback and I will ensure this is fed into our ongoing planning process.Many thanks,Martyn BeckettDirector of Operations
I'm very happy to be part of the northwest mobiles MRI team. We have a great team, all get along quite well and the manager and lead radiographers are all very helpful. The working culture in our region is to try and help each other and that way we maintain the balance and there's always someone willing to help you. Happy to work 3 long days and have 4 days off a week, so lots of quality time with the family also.
Pros
Team, manager, work/life balance
Cons
Traffic in the morning, sometimes helping out other regions (like Scotland) but that's part of the mobile job
13 August 2020
What a great review! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. A culture of team work is so important, as is having a good work life balance, so we're thrilled to hear that you have both! Wishing you a continued happy career with InHealth
Great team feel, smaller teams seem to know each other and the effort put in since lock down began to make sure everyone feels included is incredible.
Pros
Great team feel
30 July 2020
Amazing feedback! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. Team work is certainly important in the workplace, and we're really glad you feel a sense of team even through the COVID-19 challenges. All the best for a long and happy career with InHealth!
Management micromanage and bully employees to hit strenuous targets. There is little or no chance of promotion. Key workers feel nailed to their chairs, accounting for each and every minute every day, some of my colleagues were even disciplined for being 5 minutes late doing overtime at weekends. There is virtually no training. Glad to leave.
Pros
cheap canteen
Cons
Everything, thoroughly awful
17 July 2020
Thank you for sharing your review – I am really sorry to hear that you feel this way and am very concerned about the points you’ve raised. The call handling support that our team at the Patient Referral Centre in Rochdale provide, is key to helping our patients feel supported. We pride ourselves on delivering a positive staff experience at all times and what you describe is not in line with our expectations, so I’m sorry to hear that you feel otherwise. All our staff and managers are expected to adhere to our values of Trust, Passion, Care and Fresh Thinking. Advisor objectives are centred around these values and providing a great service; rather than meeting operational targets. In line with these company values, managers will regularly coach and check-in with advisors, in order to continuously improve the services that we deliver, to ensure that staff feel fully supported in the role that they do and to help staff with any career progression or goals. As with any contact centre environment, shifts are scheduled in order to meet the call demand that we receive from our patients.All staff complete a detailed 3 month induction programme, which focusses on making sure everyone has the tools and support they need to carry out their role as well as they can. This starts with a week of classroom training and also includes a mix of face-to-face, on-the-job and online learning.I will share your review with our People Services Team, so that we can investigate further and take the right steps to address any issues. If you’re happy to, please email me directly with any more specific - more...
Inhealth has always been a good company to work for, however, with numerous management problems. Operations Manager and Head of Operations for the South region mobiles manage by fear, bullying and harassing us constantly... the head of ops sends her threat messages through the ops manager who doesn't dare to question her and just agrees with whatever has been said or decided. I've personally witnessed radiographers and lead radiographer being undermined and treated like children, hiding their frustration with fear of the consequences. Staff morale is way lost and we are just not bothered to talk anymore as things keep changing over the years but always go back to the same management issues. Inhealth has to listen to their staff closely and individually as they can share a lot of unfair situations and attitudes towards them, whilst others are being forced to write good reviews about the head of ops.
Cons
management
21 July 2020
We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We have posted previously on here about the routes for escalation and feedback of issues and we are disappointed that these are not being utilised fully in this area. We have set up Staff Partnership Forum representatives, Freedom to Speak Up Guardians, senior management and leadership and these people are trained to always listen to staff concerns. These routes remain open for all staff to access whenever they need.We have shared my email address previously and encourage and appreciate any feedback from current staff or leavers on how we can continuously improve the working environment for our staff. We use all feedback to drive improvements and review innovative ways of delivering our patient services more effectively with our staff.Our staff engagement scores continue to be over 74% in our 2020 results, so we absolutely want to hear any feedback on how we can make this even better.Please contact me directly if you would like to share more detailed feedback and I will ensure this is fed into our ongoing engagement action planning process.Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback.Leanne GardinerDirector of People Services
Inhealth used to be an amazing place to work. Everyone has lost momentum and love for the job, if lead/manager doesn’t like you, you will know about it as well as everyone else. A lot of bullying and whispering. Rotas are unfair management you never hear from. New head of mobiles has been nothing but helpful and understanding. A lot of senior staff leaving that could be stopped.
15 July 2020
Thank you for your review and honest feedback, which is emerging as a theme in our mobiles team and is something that we are working very hard to understand in more detail. I am concerned about some of the issues that you have raised, and in other reviews from mobile staff, particularly when our most recent Staff Survey results show 75% positive overall engagement within our mobiles team and 73% of staff feeling proud to work for InHealth. I would really like to hear from you directly about your views, so that we can work with staff to address any areas where you think we can improve. It’s great to hear that our Head of Mobiles is supportive and understanding, as are all of our Senior Leaders, but if you have concerns about other managers, please raise these with me directly - I am already working with Martyn, our Director of Operations. I look forward to hearing from you. Leanne GardinerDirector of People Services
I have been very happy since working for InHealth, the staff have been great other than the odd couple that will try to bring you down the rest of the team have been nice and friendly. There have been lots of changes in management however the current manager is good and has lasted longer than most of the previous ones. Good support and great benefits, I enjoy the fast paced long days.
Pros
Great working atmosphere and flexible area
13 July 2020
Thanks so much for reviewing your experience with InHealth! Really glad to hear that you have a good manager and a friendly team around you - that's so important! Fast paced days are certainly part of the role, especially in mobiles, so it's really encouraging to hear that you enjoy this aspect. Wishing you a long and happy career at InHealth :-)
Long days wouldn’t be a problem if they didn’t want you to drive sometimes up to 4h. You work 12h and sometimes you have to drive 2h before and after your shift. Yes, they give you an hotel but new manager has cut all other expenses to save money and look good. If you stay at the hotel the night before your working day you then can’t claim any food allowance on the actual working day. Also no payment for your traveling even if they are on your rest days. She thinks is acceptable for staff to drive for long hours before and after the shift.
Pros
Pension
2 July 2020
Thanks for leaving this review. Any changes to our approach for expenses and subsistence are made as a business, rather than by specific Managers, so your comment about localised decisions is not correct. We also regularly benchmark our approach to expenses with others in the healthcare industry, to make sure that we are working in line with best practice. If you have experienced changes in your area, these are being made to make sure that we are being fair to all staff, across all of InHealth, and standardise our approach, rather than having variations across regions and roles. In terms of travel time, we will always make sure that the journey time is reasonable and if staff need to travel more than 90 minutes to work, then appropriate accommodation can be accessed, which includes providing staff with an evening meal and breakfast before leaving the hotel to attend site. Where possible, we also try to make sure that staff work as close to home as possible. The nature of Radiographer roles in mobiles is that they need to travel and most of our staff work three days per week, so we do aim to provide a work/life balance. Our expenses, allowances and overtime policy is currently being reviewed and we will be working with our Staff Partnership Forum to make sure that any changes have the involvement of our members. Thanks again for sharing your views.Martyn BeckettDirector of Operations
I moved from the NHS to work In InHealth on the mobiles and it’s the best decision I made. It’s long days with travelling but I have 4 days off a week and a good work life balance. Full range of examinations performed on all makes of MRI scanners and InHealth supported me to do my PGCert. Colleagues with health problems have been looked after during Covid-19 pandemic. And I have had access to all PPE. Would definitely recommend coming to work here.
Pros
Colleagues, support and salary.
Cons
Travelling can be hard especially in the winter.
22 July 2020
What a great review! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We're really passionate about supporting our staff to develop their skills, so it's fantastic to hear that you've done your PGCert during your time at InHealth. Also really good to hear that you've felt supported during the pandemic - our people are the top priority so it's good to know that this focus is felt within teams. Wishing you a long and happy career with us :-)
Manager is really good in north region. She always looks after her staff. Never had a problem having a no/ wish day given. The team consists of nice people.
Pros
Staff/ sites are in good locations
Cons
Getting up really early to beat the mad traffic/ but thats part of the job of mobiles
30 June 2020
Great review - thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback! Really glad to hear that you have a fab Manager and a team of lovely people around you. Thank you for everything you're doing as part of our mobile team to deliver fantastic care to our patients :-)
A very fast paced place. Great support , great team. Can be tough at times, but everyone pulls together. Mgt have been superb especially during recent crisis, and show they really care. 3 days a week is a real plus.
Pros
Team, 3 dats a week, Support from company, newer machines
Cons
Short notuce rotas, but guven current situation, this understandable
26 June 2020
Thanks so much for leaving your review! Really glad to hear that you've had great support from our management team. It is fast-paced indeed and we're so grateful for all our colleagues who work so hard to deliver fantastic patient care. Thanks again and we wish you a long and happy career with InHealth!
Awful company. If you want to feel valued then do NOT consider working for this company. No care for employees. Awful management. They advertise all the work that they are doing for the NHS, but they don’t care for the staff on the frontline. No support when things go wrong. Manager very frequently doesn’t answer emails or phone calls if he doesn’t want to deal with the issue. The MRI Cardiac operations manager is a bully, and treats employees like dogs so that she can look ‘good’ to senior management. Most of her team have lost respect for her and are leaving. Staff morale is very poor. The company holds annual staff satisfaction surveys, but none of the bad points raised by staff ever get raised or discussed. No work life balance with rotas being circulated some times just 1 week ahead. Disgusting really when you are contracted Mon - Sun so never know when you will be working.
26 June 2020
Many thanks for your review, which I am disappointed to read. We take all staff feedback very seriously, especially when issues such as these are raised. At InHealth, we pride ourselves on staff engagement, supported by the fantastic Staff Survey results which you elude to. While we always share the positive improvements we make year on year, our main focus is on the areas where we don’t score so well, so that we can target our efforts in improving wherever we can. We place great value on the surveys, and all the findings, which is why after every , we develop specific regional action plans that are worked on throughout the year, aimed to address any issues.We also encourage all staff to raise any issues of concern direct to their Line Managers in the first instance, and if staff feel that their concerns aren’t resolved, we encourage further escalation to the Head of Operations, Director of Operations, HR Business Partner and of course our Freedom to Speak Up Guardians. We have also very recently started our new Staff Partnership Forum, which provides an additional channel for staff to voice any concerns and work with the members to suggest resolutions and ideas for improving life at InHealth. In terms of your comment about rotas, we recognise that these can be problematic – and given the current situation we are all working through, this is understandable – and this is not normally the case, with rotas being issued much earlier than 1 week prior. As things settle again, we will be moving back to providing rotas 2 - 3 weeks in advance, which is always what we aim for. - more...
Lack of communication towards staff. Staff managed by fear and senior managers that take advantage of their position to play staff as pawns and humiliate them. Poor people management skills from senior manager, leading to staff being blackmailed via phone and word "dismissal" used on emails if staff don't do as they are told or disagree with "direct orders" as she says. Staff not allowed to express opinion or have freedom of speech. Current senior manager is trying to cut all staff allowances/benefits and increase driving times. Staff discouraged to contact People Services as managers say their HR representatives will back them up. Highly experienced people leaving and hiding reasons as they fear consequences.
Pros
Work colleagues
Cons
Inexperienced senior management
17 June 2020
Thank you for leaving a review and I am really sorry that it isn’t more positive. Our stance on bullying is very clear, in that it won’t be tolerated at all, so I’m concerned that you have raised these issues about manager behaviour. All of our staff, including managers, are expected to live and breathe our values of Trust, Passion, Care and Fresh Thinking and managers specifically are supported to deliver against their responsibilities and behaviours in line with the InHealth Leadership Competency Framework.I have shared your concerns with our People Services Team and they will be investigated thoroughly and any appropriate actions completed quickly. If you’re happy to, please email me directly with any more information that you can provide. InHealth has many different ways in which our staff can speak up and raise concerns or challenges they are facing - this is normally through the line manager but can also be escalated up the chain to the next level line manager, our Director of Clinical Quality or myself. We want all staff to feel empowered, supported and able to share their thoughts and feelings, so I am disappointed that you don’t feel this way.Please rest assured that we will investigate all your concerns and take appropriate action. And if you are comfortable with getting in touch with me directly, I would very much appreciate a conversation. Thank you and best wishes.Martyn BeckettDirector of Operations
The culture of the management in this company is appalling. A lot of bullying, no care for employees. I have witnessed shocking treatment of overseas staff. Staff interviewed by phone / in person by non clinical managers leading to inappropriate employment of some staff. Staff members arriving from overseas and literally abandoned. No one had checked on the age of the individual which led to them not being able to have a company car which in a mobile job is essential. They were then having to travel sometimes by train and bus 4 or 5 hours one way. Awful when they have just arrived in the UK. Some of the new staff didn’t receive their pay on time because the company hadn’t processed their documents. Some staff didn’t receive uniforms for 3-4 months. As one region was over staffed due to the incorrect recruitment of 7 staff members to the wrong region, established senior staff were then expected to travel out of their region (5/6 hours ) using their days off with no travel time paid until questioned and argued. The ‘covering’ manager who has now been promoted was a bully, treating staff with total disrespect. She had no knowledge of employment rights trying to force staff to work in an unsafe manner. Drive long distances and then work a 12 hour day, and then drive again for 2-3 hours to get to the next site. Advising young female staff to walk, take a bus or UBER early in the am or late at night because she wouldn’t authorise the cost of a taxi from the hospital site to the hotel. Their safety was not her concern. A lot of crossing over of staff on motorways as managers - more...
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor treatment of staff
3 June 2020
Many thanks for your feedback. InHealth are dedicated to supporting all our staff as much as we possibly can, and making sure they have access to all the information and reassurance that they need to carry out their roles, so I am very disappointed to hear about the points you have raised.I don’t believe that the issues you mention have been raised directly with any of our Line Management team, or via the various forms of engagement that all staff have available within the organisation such as Freedom to Speak Up guardians, our dedicated Staff Partnership Forum. I would strongly encourage you to raise these directly with your Line Manager and if you are happy to, with me directly. I would very much welcome contact with anyone who feels that they are being bullied – this is absolutely not the culture that we have at InHealth, or indeed feedback that we hear from other colleagues through our annual Staff Surveys. If there are any concerns at all, they will be investigated thoroughly and any appropriate actions completed quickly.For yourself, and any of the colleagues that you reference in your points, please make direct contact with me, so I can address concerns immediately.In regards to the scanner faults – we have a robust process in place for dealing with all repairs and as you will know, there is a standard industry practice grading system in use and faults are reviewed regularly with clinical staff involved. Again, if you feel that this is not working correctly in all cases, please do raise instances with your Line Managers so that these can be investigated.InHealth - more...
  1. Employee reviews