InHealth logo

Clear
Work-life balance
Pay & benefits

good place to work

Good company to work for , good support , excellent staff - hours to suit and good benefits , always OT and management supportive - training and development opportunities

Pros

hours, support

Cons

travel

19 March 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, I am delighted that you had a positive experience with InHealth and we delivered on ‘The Deal’ to our staff. Thank you again.Kind regardsLeanne GardinerDirector of People Services

Awful

So many faults. Poor communication. Terrible salary. Appalling choices in management, employing managers that have no idea of the department, no leadership skills, no people management and certainly no empathy. Staff members not wanting to come to work and crying at work due to frustration. Treated like an idiot. HR.... Leavers waiting for a call about their exit interview. No interest in the employees, just figures and money. Can not mention anything to higher management as staff are concerned that they will be sacked as this has happened in the past.

4 January 2021
Thanks for leaving a review. I’m really disappointed to hear about your experience with InHealth, especially as a Manager of one of our teams. Our recruitment process is designed to find great leaders who can support teams and provide advice and guidance, so I am very concerned about your feedback. People and patients are the priority at InHealth, we invest in training for our managers from supervisor level, right up to senior leadership, so we can deliver the best staff experience we can. I would really like to know more about your experience so that we can understand what has gone wrong for you and your team, so would very much encourage you to contact me directly at Leanne.Gardiner@Inhealthgroup.com. Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback and I hope to hear from you shortly. Leanne GardinerDirector of People Services

Good company with good support

I have been very happy since working for InHealth, the staff have been great other than the odd couple that will try to bring you down the rest of the team have been nice and friendly. There have been lots of changes in management however the current manager is good and has lasted longer than most of the previous ones. Good support and great benefits, I enjoy the fast paced long days.

Pros

Great working atmosphere and flexible area

13 July 2020
Thanks so much for reviewing your experience with InHealth! Really glad to hear that you have a good manager and a friendly team around you - that's so important! Fast paced days are certainly part of the role, especially in mobiles, so it's really encouraging to hear that you enjoy this aspect. Wishing you a long and happy career at InHealth :-)

No care for staff

Long days wouldn’t be a problem if they didn’t want you to drive sometimes up to 4h. You work 12h and sometimes you have to drive 2h before and after your shift. Yes, they give you an hotel but new manager has cut all other expenses to save money and look good. If you stay at the hotel the night before your working day you then can’t claim any food allowance on the actual working day. Also no payment for your traveling even if they are on your rest days. She thinks is acceptable for staff to drive for long hours before and after the shift.

Pros

Pension

2 July 2020
Thanks for leaving this review. Any changes to our approach for expenses and subsistence are made as a business, rather than by specific Managers, so your comment about localised decisions is not correct. We also regularly benchmark our approach to expenses with others in the healthcare industry, to make sure that we are working in line with best practice. If you have experienced changes in your area, these are being made to make sure that we are being fair to all staff, across all of InHealth, and standardise our approach, rather than having variations across regions and roles. In terms of travel time, we will always make sure that the journey time is reasonable and if staff need to travel more than 90 minutes to work, then appropriate accommodation can be accessed, which includes providing staff with an evening meal and breakfast before leaving the hotel to attend site. Where possible, we also try to make sure that staff work as close to home as possible. The nature of Radiographer roles in mobiles is that they need to travel and most of our staff work three days per week, so we do aim to provide a work/life balance. Our expenses, allowances and overtime policy is currently being reviewed and we will be working with our Staff Partnership Forum to make sure that any changes have the involvement of our members. Thanks again for sharing your views.Martyn BeckettDirector of Operations

I moved from the NHS to work In InHealth on the mobiles and it’s the best decision I made. It’s long days with travelling but I have 4 days off a week and a good work life balance. Full range of examinations performed on all makes of MRI scanners and InHealth supported me to do my PGCert. Colleagues with health problems have been looked after during Covid-19 pandemic. And I have had access to all PPE. Would definitely recommend coming to work here.

Pros

Colleagues, support and salary.

Cons

Travelling can be hard especially in the winter.

22 July 2020
What a great review! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We're really passionate about supporting our staff to develop their skills, so it's fantastic to hear that you've done your PGCert during your time at InHealth. Also really good to hear that you've felt supported during the pandemic - our people are the top priority so it's good to know that this focus is felt within teams. Wishing you a long and happy career with us :-)

Awful horrible company

Awful company. If you want to feel valued then do NOT consider working for this company. No care for employees. Awful management. They advertise all the work that they are doing for the NHS, but they don’t care for the staff on the frontline. No support when things go wrong. Manager very frequently doesn’t answer emails or phone calls if he doesn’t want to deal with the issue. The MRI Cardiac operations manager is a bully, and treats employees like dogs so that she can look ‘good’ to senior management. Most of her team have lost respect for her and are leaving. Staff morale is very poor. The company holds annual staff satisfaction surveys, but none of the bad points raised by staff ever get raised or discussed. No work life balance with rotas being circulated some times just 1 week ahead. Disgusting really when you are contracted Mon - Sun so never know when you will be working.

26 June 2020
Many thanks for your review, which I am disappointed to read. We take all staff feedback very seriously, especially when issues such as these are raised. At InHealth, we pride ourselves on staff engagement, supported by the fantastic Staff Survey results which you elude to. While we always share the positive improvements we make year on year, our main focus is on the areas where we don’t score so well, so that we can target our efforts in improving wherever we can. We place great value on the surveys, and all the findings, which is why after every , we develop specific regional action plans that are worked on throughout the year, aimed to address any issues.We also encourage all staff to raise any issues of concern direct to their Line Managers in the first instance, and if staff feel that their concerns aren’t resolved, we encourage further escalation to the Head of Operations, Director of Operations, HR Business Partner and of course our Freedom to Speak Up Guardians. We have also very recently started our new Staff Partnership Forum, which provides an additional channel for staff to voice any concerns and work with the members to suggest resolutions and ideas for improving life at InHealth. In terms of your comment about rotas, we recognise that these can be problematic – and given the current situation we are all working through, this is understandable – and this is not normally the case, with rotas being issued much earlier than 1 week prior. As things settle again, we will be moving back to providing rotas 2 - 3 weeks in advance, which is always what we aim for. -

Bullying and fear cultures

Lack of communication towards staff. Staff managed by fear and senior managers that take advantage of their position to play staff as pawns and humiliate them. Poor people management skills from senior manager, leading to staff being blackmailed via phone and word "dismissal" used on emails if staff don't do as they are told or disagree with "direct orders" as she says. Staff not allowed to express opinion or have freedom of speech. Current senior manager is trying to cut all staff allowances/benefits and increase driving times. Staff discouraged to contact People Services as managers say their HR representatives will back them up. Highly experienced people leaving and hiding reasons as they fear consequences.

Pros

Work colleagues

Cons

Inexperienced senior management

17 June 2020
Thank you for leaving a review and I am really sorry that it isn’t more positive. Our stance on bullying is very clear, in that it won’t be tolerated at all, so I’m concerned that you have raised these issues about manager behaviour. All of our staff, including managers, are expected to live and breathe our values of Trust, Passion, Care and Fresh Thinking and managers specifically are supported to deliver against their responsibilities and behaviours in line with the InHealth Leadership Competency Framework.I have shared your concerns with our People Services Team and they will be investigated thoroughly and any appropriate actions completed quickly. If you’re happy to, please email me directly with any more information that you can provide. InHealth has many different ways in which our staff can speak up and raise concerns or challenges they are facing - this is normally through the line manager but can also be escalated up the chain to the next level line manager, our Director of Clinical Quality or myself. We want all staff to feel empowered, supported and able to share their thoughts and feelings, so I am disappointed that you don’t feel this way.Please rest assured that we will investigate all your concerns and take appropriate action. And if you are comfortable with getting in touch with me directly, I would very much appreciate a conversation. Thank you and best wishes.Martyn BeckettDirector of Operations

The Worst Employment Ever

As an experienced registered nurse, I have had many great opportunities and I thought Inhealth was one of them....how wrong was I?!!! 1.They make false promises prior to commencement of the job 2.I had constant threats regarding fulfilling my probationary requirements-from the beginning! 3.Very limited support from management 4.Limited in house training,had to travel the length & breath of the country 5.I found people services pretty useless 6.Last minute changes to off duty & no say in it 7.Dictation of what I did on my 20 minute lunch break of a 10 hour shift The salary offered was good,however,I decided to take another job with lower pay,as the treatment by inhealth was beginning to effect my mental health. Not worth all the money in the world.

Pros

Reasonable shift patterns

Cons

Lack of support/Staff Bullying

19 March 2019
Thank you for leaving your feedback and we would welcome you sharing more detail on this with me directly? We absolutely welcome all feedback on how we can improve our culture and working conditions and it is a shame that you took a decision to leave us. We are keen to make improvements and all staff feedback and experiences are extremely important as they help us to deliver excellent patient care. I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for taking the time to share your views.Kind regardsLeanne GardinerDirector of People Services

Not the greatest place to work at all

Management never give full attention to your work or your progress and when you get pulled in a meeting for it you get spoken to in a VERY rude manner even if your right. If you are struggling with a problem and you tell your manager they will make a joke out of it instead of resolving the situation. They expect you to work without talking or even going to the bathroom is a problem. Salary is not worth the job you are told to do.

Pros

Work Collegues

Cons

Poor management and poor Salary

patient care advisor

the only good thing about working for this company are your colleagues, management is horrendous and treat staff appalling no training is given when start the job meaning 100s of mistakes are made but management only care for numbers. theirs no team work as your not allowed to talk to co-workers the amount of work they expect you to do for below min wage of 15000 a suppose pay rise of 500 a year which you can only get if you have no sickness or late periods this is a private sector of the NHS and the NHS provide better care for the staff and a starting salary of 16400. the amount of people Inhealth hire in a year is the amount they ether sack or people leave for the poor care for its staff. they also do a unrealistic 2-3 week appraisal on your work. you cant speak your mind in this place as you will be fired on the spot. its by far the worse place Ive ever worked and erg people not to be fooled by there charm on interview as one week in job and your be treated like cattle and be ignored. there is no progression in this job unless your brown nosing management. Avoid like the plague

Pros

your co-workers, dress down friday

Cons

bad managenment, bonus sceme taken, no training, no socializing

Jobs at InHealth

See more jobs

Worst job ever

Worked here for 3 years and you are always over looked. Managers are helpful at times but strings are being pulled and there is only so much they can do. Flexibilty isnt that good as the reviews claim. Unless you have evidence then it MAY be allowed. Salary is decent if on the phones, if you're not then salary is below average. Job security is a concern. There are weekly or fortnight reviews and implications are made that if targets arent hit your contract will be terminated and in most cases they are. i have seen many people come and go. Job culture is great. the people who are working with you are great! and thats what you will look forward to and also helping the patient. But management in this company is where the issues lie. Would i recommend this job, in one word no! stay away or you will be mentally scarred.

Pros

Work colleagues

Cons

management, pay, flexibility, freedom, targets

Amazing Company to work for

I have worked for InHealth for a little over 1 and half years and I cannot sing their praises enough! Data Input in my opinion is exceptional! (I'm a little biased as this is the team I work on) everyone is so helpful and lovely! The overall working hours are very flexible and Managers will help in which ever way they can! The Most enjoyable part of this job is helping the Patients receive the best care they possibly can. It has been a pleasure working for this GREAT COMPANY!

Pros

Supportive workplace with excellent progression oppertunities

I have found the Inhealth PRC to be an enjoyable work place with an excellent training program with some excellent and passionate trainers. I have found that with the right attitude towards hard work and dedication to patient focussed care the progression opportunities are second to none. The building is modern with great facilities and is easily accessible. The management are approachable and warm and encourage a desire to progress. The pay is fair and the benefits are excellent. InHealth as a company offer an excellent service to its patients making it an enjoyable place to work. The large majority of people who work at the PRC are warm and engaging, such is the nature of the job.

Pros

Modern equipment, Weekday Hours, Fair Pay, Excellent Training, Progression Oppertunities

Patient Focused Environment

I have worked in the Patient Referral Centre for a number of years and can quite honestly say that it has gone from strength to strength since 2013. Patient focus is now a key element of all management decisions and this is quite difficult when trying to balance this between a patient's need and trying to make a great environment for staff to work in. The new Ops Manager has not only managed this feat quite well, but also managed to incorporate a new improved training programme, a Leadership of Tomorrow programme, an Apprenticeship programme, a Process Improvement Team and various team building excercises, nights out and rewards. Management do expect you to take accountability for your own development and progression in your career, but are always there to step in and offer help and advice where needed. The company has grown considerably since I started and there seems to be a lot more scope for growth - one of the aims of the company is to be one of the most preferred diagnostic providers for the NHS by the year 2020. Very exciting prospects lie ahead. It is extremely rewarding going home at the end of your day knowing that you have made such a positive impact on so many lives!!

Pros

Rewarding, Great Benefits Package, Training and Support, A Great Building with free onsite parking and many more

Cons

None - great place to work

Supporting and engaging

I have worked with InHealth for over 6 years, during that time there have been many changes both to management and processes. I can honestly say that every decision is made with the patients best interest at the forefront of the thinking. To enable us to offer world class customer service and care to each of our patients, we are encouraged to go above and beyond, offer new ideas, be passionate about the role and our patients, in return InHealth offers employee's NVQ's/leadership programmes, an apprentice mentor programme, competitive salaries, and company benefits.

Pros

Managment Support to be the best you can

A typical day at work will be attending meetings with local clients, dealing with staff issues, writing reports and having oversight of the service. InHealth has allowed me to develop my career and really does reward hard work and dedication. You definitely get out what you put in. The management are supportive and always happy to answer questions. Everyone is willing to help each other within the business - you just have to ask. The hardest part of the job is the intensity of the work, although this is not constant and there are quieter times too. Like any job - it's what you make of it and if you enjoy a fast pace and seeing the results of your hard work you will do well at InHealth.

Pros

Benefits package, flexibility of employer

Cons

Poor parking at head office

Challenging role that keeps me busy!

A typical day at InHealth in my role involves liasing with Stakeholders and candidates, and engaging in all types of recruitment methods in order to find the right person for every role. The most enjoyable part of my job is finding the perfect candidate for your stakeholder, especially with clinical staff as you know you are helping future patients. I have been promoted in the 14 months that I have been here, this really is a company that rewards hard work. InHealth cares about their employees providing you with training, appraisals, development and opportunities to progress I have a fantastic manager who is very encouraging and I have learnt a lot from them. I am lucky to be part of an excellent team, who are very supportive and friendly. I would definitely encourage you to see what opportunities InHealth can offer you!

Pros

Benefits are excellent, 27 days annual leave, free parking

Cons

Lack of systems

Poor Managment

Horribly managed, lazy regional managers and line managers and no employee support. Useless Hr and IT departments. No employee benefits that the company pays for.

I recommend working at inHealth!

Starting with the company only last year I was apprehensive with the negative comments on here but I can honestly say that my time has been a positive experience so far! The staff are friendly, welcoming & there are good processes in place that ensures structured organisation. Its nice to see that patient care is at the forefront of the business & all management, that I have had any involvement in my region are always looking for ways to improve. I think they have made lots of changes recently & now its a good place to work. I enjoy working at InHealth & would recommend to anyone.

Pros

Company perks & benefits, clear progression routes, patient care

miss manged no clear direction for the company

hire people under false pretences suggesting larger salary then whats actually paid. no ability to earn overtime unless you are part of the favourite staff. very reactive to problems that occur. you basically work alone day to day.

A typical day at work was good and I learned how to speak better on the phone and speaking manor.

Cons

All week including weekends and dont get paid much extra

25 September 2019
Thanks for leaving this feedback - glad to hear you could develop your communication skills!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at InHealth. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement