Inspire North

United Kingdom36 reviews

teampeopleworkinggoodgreatjobworkstaff

Fantastic organisation!

Featured review

Inspire North selected this as a representative review
I first came to Inspire North as a student on placement but enjoyed it so much that I returned as soon as I qualified as a Mental Health Nurse in 2019. I took part in the Inspire North Mentoring Scheme and have felt continually supported to progress within the service. My Mentor coached and empowered me to work towards my goals and I am now currently on secondment as a Team Leader. The nature of the job can be challenging at times but I like the way it pushes me and feel as though I'm learning something new every day. I am surrounded by positive, driven people who are passionate about supporting those with mental health problems to work towards recovery and a brighter future. I feel very privileged to be a part of someone’s journey and work so closely with people. I love doing a job where I feel I can make a difference, no matter how big or small. I am proud to work for Inspire North - a fantastic organisation whose values really align with my own.

Fun!

Loved working here, really helped me come out of my shell and helped me discover new skills within myself whilst allowing me to work in a new setting!

Insights into Inspire North

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Clear sense of purpose

Supportive environment to grow

I have worked for Inspire North for 3 years, having started as a temp and becoming permanent and then promoted. I enjoy the team I work in, my managers are very fair and make sure I am doing things within my role that I enjoy and am good at. Any suggestions for improvement are taken on board and I like how people are treated as individuals.

Pros

Supportive management, flexible working

Attitude of colleagues to unexpected challenges

The company is definitely a nice place to work. My Manager and work colleagues are very supportive and helpful. We all work as a team with a common goal of taking the company to greater heights. Whenever challenges that we did not even anticipate develops, the willingness and determination of my colleagues to take on the challenges and add these challenges to their caseloads without hesitation is simply impressive and selfless.The most enjoyable part of the job I do is the sense of fulfilment I get when I have been able to positively influence a negative minded person or person that engages in anti-social behaviour for example, to abandon a life of crime and start living a purposeful and meaningful life.

Excellent place to work!

A company that is value led and supports it’s employees with training and progression. No day is the same, person centred approach to clients, great team work.

Great place to work in terms of culture, equality and diversity and a positive attitude of unconditional positive regard for the people they serve. Lots of routes to progress across the broad portfolio of services for new staff in the mental health/housing sector

Doing something rewarding and having fun at the same time

I joined Community Links 4 months ago and I have to say so far so good. My induction has been great, my colleagues and manager have been very supportive, everyone wants you to succeed. Although part of a larger organisation, you getting weekly briefings keeping you updated as to what is happening elsewhere. There are so many different opportunities to get involved in.The only reason I gave 4 stars for work-life balance is that I am new to shift work and am finding my feet

Pros

Benefits - there's even a staff welfare budget, lots of really good training, true to their word -it's all about the people - staff and service users

Cons

Not so much a con but it took sometime to get a start date, they are quite thorough with their checks

I was encouraged to learn and grow!

I worked for Inspire North as a Casual Administrator and felt really supported in my team. In this role, I was encouraged to learn and grow and I was offered a permanent contract in a short period of time.

Pros

Progression, Supportive culture, Tailored training, Forward-thinking, Enhanced Annual Leave, Excellent Work-life balance

Values Led Organisation

Great place to work they really value employees and are passionate about offering high quality service to clients. I work work with fabulous colleagues.I Would highly recommend!

Pros

Learning and development opportunities.

Fantastic team

Can be high pressure at times. Stats to meet every month pressure trying to find accommodation when properties are often over the housing allowance and landlords require guarantor, credit checks, no U/C.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

40 hr week

Great organisation to work with

Friendly and professional staff. Welcoming. Well established in the community. They have many years experience in community development and doing taster sessions, young peoples projects, job search for the unemployed, volunteering opportunities.

Pros

Training and PD opportunities

Cons

Can take time for new clients to uptake services.

Challenging yet rewarding place to work.

Working at Community Links was quite a hard job at times due to the nature of the service users we worked with. It could be quite challenging, however the support received from colleagues and managers was amazing. They were always there to help or just to listen if you needed to offload about a particularly stressful or worrying event. Overall a great place to work- just need thick skin!

Pros

Great team and collaborative culture.

Cons

Challenging

the job I did gave me job satisfaction

The job gave me a good experience and my supervisor is very supportive. the training was good and been able to support the individual in needs motivate me to what do more.

Loved the time spent with Community Links

The company has a great ethos , honesty and supports the people in the community, excellent company to work for . After working there for so many years I can honesty say that this was the best company to work for .

One of the best places I've worked

Great characters, good policies, good working practices and they have fun! Benefits outshone the pay but it was still pretty comparable to other places.

greart place of work

Bridging The Gap is a great place of work, every day is different and brings different tasks and experiences to tackle with the young people! I loved every minute of working for this company and was sad to leave as I had to care for my child at home! given the choice I would love to go back to work there as i was very happy in my work, the management and staff are friendly and the job roll itself is very rewarding! The young people vary in age from 15 - 21 and have varied backgrounds culture and religions which made the job roll very interesting!! I would firstly get to know the young person and help them to settle into there new environment and depending on there life skills I would teach them the basic things they may not know ie.. making a bed to cooking a hot meal and attending appointments and taking them on trips out! dealing with there benefits and clothing allowances! I learned a lot from this job roll about myself as a person and how I can help others to reach there full potential and see them grow as a person in confidence and happiness! the hardest part of the job was leaving it!

Pros

Great work team

Community Links

I enjoyed working here. I was well looked after and the staff were very committed to their work. I took part in CPD which has helped me to secure further work

Excellent place to work

A first class organisation. Really look after employees through regular supervision with good management and a there's a feeling that you could speak to anyone within the organisation (operational managers, Chief exec) if necessary. Very well paid which is fair as it is demanding work, but overall one of the best mental health charities i've worked for.

Good company

Learnt a lot, its now just my time to move on. Good team around me, supportive CEO, management at my particular place of work lacked authority. Loved the clients, wish we could offer them more.

Not fun

The environment as athe time I was there was there terrible. The job culture is zero even there are diversity on paper not in the reality. It is a cold environment

Pros

Not productive

amazing

So much fun working with the festival line we get to hear all sorts of music and see lots of talents there's lots of community people there easy ticket line and reasonable prices and good stalled

Pros

fum

Cons

n.a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inspire North. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Learn about Inspire North in popular locations

• Inspire North
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?