Inspire Scotland Ltd

Inspire Scotland Ltd Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom21 reviews

staffpeoplejobworkmanagementcompanygreatscotland

Inspire

Ok place to work, you need paid a lot more than you get for the work that you do, feel under appreciated and absolutely no work life balance and that is needed.

Loved the job

I am very thankful for the opportunity to work here. The team was amazing to work with and the work itself was very satisfying. They’ll do everything they can to support you. Regularly training opportunities allow you to constantly improve your practice.

Pros

Supportive, satisfying, being a part of something improrant

Cons

Pay.

Insights into Inspire Scotland Ltd

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Excellent Place to work

Inspire Scotland is a great company to be apart of. It is a flexible, friendly environment. The team is supportive, approachable, and value all their staff members.

Great Company

In my short time with Inspire Scotland I have felt very welcomed and supported. Everyone is very helpful and approachable. As a company they are very accommodating and value their staff I am delighted to now be part of this fantastic team and work in such a friendly, relaxed environment.

Great Company!

Overall fantastic employer. Passionate about the kids and really values the staff. Relaxed and flexible environment with good opportunities. Great team to be a part of.

Doesnt seem to value experience

As a former employee I was annoyed that my experience was never taken into account and used accordingly. Some people took exception to me changing things that were done wrong as they were the person to set them up which made the environment awkward.But worst part was my job was nothing like the job description I was given, I was underpaid and overworked.Glad I left when I did - I'm in a better place now where I use my experience all the time

Pros

The work done with the kids

Cons

Cliquey

Bad management

Working with the young people was great. Ofcourse it could be challenging and you were dealing with difficult behaviour, but that comes with this type of job. The problem was the management. Issues were brushed under the rug. They didnt follow young peoples care plans properly and the staff ratios were never right. Alot of the staff were unhappy

Fantastic place to work

I thoroughly enjoy my job with Inspire Scotland. The children can be challenging at times, due to having many complex needs. Management are approachable and bend over backwards to accommodate staff. The children's needs are put first in all decisions made regarding them. Extensive training is made available. There are opportunities to progress within the company. The only staff I have came across that were unhappy were the ones who were unsuitable for this type of work.

Pros

Staff, Support, Qualifications, Progression, Training

Toxic environment

Reported Inspire to care inspectorate, children are very challenging, but the right approach and care, and actually following the care plan, things could improve. Organisation is losing good people who demand better for these kids, no risk assessments are shown to staff on the floor, incident reports are sent to be “reviewed”, With staff not seeing the “final report”. Some children are refereed to us with 2:1 ratio recommendations due to needs, only to be placed 1:1 in flats, putting staff and service user at risk, management offer no support or guidance, seniors are passive avoidant, any concerns are dismissed as “negative” or unhelpful, always always short staff sometimes two staff to a full house. People barely survive the toxic culture. I stayed 18 months as a key worker, as I wanted to really make a difference, only friends or family are promoted, training is basic and poor, crazy hours are forced on staff money is constantly being squeezed despite the very high fees the organisation charges, place should be investigated by all ex staff putting reports at once, broke my heart the day I left knowing I was leaving really good people behind, and kids who deserve more. I a am glad my concerns were upheld and Care inspectorate acted.

Pros

Some good staff

Cons

Toxic company

The reality is you need to be a special type of person to do this job

The training opportunities are second to none. You are supported by colleagues and management. It can be difficult and stressful but it you get the job and truly care for the kids you’ll be able to see past the behaviour. I was invited to take a walk around one of the houses before applying, really glad I did as I saw how well the kids are looked after.

Pros

Training opportunities and chance to progress.

Cons

No sick pay.

Terrible Management

Avoid at all costs! Young People are great to work with but management is corrupt. Lack of training and they will cover up their errors in an attempt to save themselves with no thought towards the young people.

Great job supporting vulnerable young people

I worked as a sessional worker for inspire Scotland whilst at uni studying to be a social worker. I was able to pick and choose my shifts around uni and do extra during holidays which really suited me. The job could be pretty challenging at times supporting distressed young people to cope, however, the support of the managers and staff was great and everyone worked as a team to support the kids. The young people were given lots of choice and supported to access different education, work or support. Overall I had a very positive experience and it really added to my uni and my work as a social worker

Working with these kids is a privilege, though challenging it is rewarding.

I have been with Inspire for a while now and found the experience a challenge and reward. The people make it and the young people especially so. They have "issues" but the teams that I worked with got great results!

Wonderful employer. Sorry to be leaving!

I have been working at Inspire Scotland as an admin assistant since 2016. With a change in my family circumstances I am sad to be leaving! I really enjoyed being a part of the admin team who were always incredibly flexible and accommodating. We had a lovely working environment, always very relaxed. The company itself does great work with kids in Scotland and it was so good to be apart of this. Thanks for the opportunity!!

Great organisation, supportive employer

I joined Inspire Scotland when they were a brand new organisation with only one service. Over my 7 years at Inspire Scotland they have grown into a well established care provider, something I have enjoyed being a part of. Since joining, Inspire Scotland has made a real investment in me through training, qualifications and opportunities to progress. I really enjoy my job, despite the challenges that you would expect from working in social care at times. My colleagues and management have always been approachable and supportive. I have no intention of moving on and would encourage anyone interested in working in social care, particularly with young people to give Inspire a go.

Meh

Not very impressed with the whole experience. Promised things - never delivered Moved on, and never looked back. I would not recommend this job at all.

Positive and supportive

I worked with Inspire Scotland several years ago and have recently returned! I am pleased to say that their positive values have not changed. They are an expanding company but still offer a nice, warm personal approach to their staff. All jobs in care are challenging however Inspire support and value their staff and that goes a long way

Considerate and encouraging employer

I have really enjoyed my time as employee at Inspire Scotland. I have found the work difficult and challenging at times but always felt supported by my colleagues and managers. There are lots of training opportunities and I know of staff who have been able to progress careers within the company.

Pros

Good atmosphere and positive environment. Really good outcomes in working with young people.

Cons

As always more money, shorter hours sickness benefit could be better, but by and large

Great Company

I have worked with Inspire for several years and always found my colleagues and managers supportive and approachable, as in every workplace people come and go and don’t always fit into the role or fully understand what the job is. Ignore the negative comments

Simply a bad place to work

Dangerous job working with difficult children. Management provide little support and staff often harassed for sleepovers and overtime. Often dealing with aggressive young people who return home under the influence, abusive and violent whilst others will choose to assault staff, abuse medication and damage property. Never worked somewhere like it with such high turnover of staff. Often understaffed and horrendous sickness records. Constantly working through breaks. Awful culture of nepotism in the company with those promoted often close friends or family members of those running the organisation, as opposed to the best qualified. Organisation attracts staff by paying reasonable, yet not great money to staff who lack skills and qualifications in the care sector, but rarely is able to retain them.

Pros

Some decent colleagues

Cons

Long shifts, sleepovers, poor management support, lack of training/supervision, dangerous, understaffed, lack of breaks, nepotism

Avoid

after a very short period of time the cracks, or gaping holes started to show. Management are corrupt, and unapproachable. A typical day at work was sitting on the sofa with staff talking rubbish. Children were just left to do nothing. I learned heaven help these children. Workplace culture was disgusting, if you weren’t crawling to management then you were not welcome into their clique. Hardest part of job is knowing that this place is horrific and not being able to prove it, because corrupt staff stuck together. Enjoyable part was walking out.

Pros

Unsure

Cons

Management, staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Inspire Scotland Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement