Instinct

Instinct Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun

Great company best company I have ever worked for, I love the culture you truly get every opportunity to succeed first rate organization when it comes to taking care of their associates and customers

Pros

Family type atmosphere people seem to care about each other, upper management trust and respect all associates

Cons

I really can't think of any

Great company culture and pay

Management is supportive and honest. Pay is good with a base and commissions. There are good benefits and moderate travel. Always innovative with new products.

Pros

Good benefits, supportive management team, pays well

Cons

Moderate to heavy travel some weekend work required

Company actually cares

Great company to work for! No complaints. Would've loved to continue working there but position was eliminated. I would gladly return to work for them if the ambassador position ever opens up again.

I had 6 different VP's, Directors, etc over the 5 years that I worked here. With the frequent changes at the top, it became difficult to know what their expectations, of me were.

A good place to work

Good place to work , good benefits competitive pay ,Good work Environments Steady work all year round Friendly people Great place to learn and grow within the company

Great company culture

I love working here. It is a great culture and full of great people. Bringing dogs to work is a definite perk! Very convenient location, very central.

Not a bad gig

The job as brand ambassador is a pretty good gig - online training once a month, visits to a few pet stores on Friday, Saturday, Sunday to give samples, coupons and training about the products. Great way to make a few extra dollars when you are selected to work for them.

Trabajo por temporada navideña

Capacitación a distancia (online), sin embargo buen lugar

Multi jobs

Fast-paced, gotta go, go, go. Faster is always better. Poor management. Hard work, honest pay scale. Sometimes can be a dirty job. The team that I supervised was a good team

Some areas have a high turn over

I love the company and the product we produce. I love the people I work with but I'm in an area with no room for growth. The benefits are great, there are a lot of great recognition items.

Management points blame elsewhere

When things don't according to plan, management blames/takes it out on the employees. Always under staffed, and management wants you to make up for that by not having a life outside of work.

Lack of leadership

Management is pretty much non existent. No one is willing to help production, everyone wants to blame others. Pay is ok. Working conditions aren't safe.

Flexible

Short term 2 year promotional job for introducing product. Independent job you are on your own. Need to be comfortable approaching everyone. Excellent product.

forklift operator

Job was extremely laid back environment for electric and propane forklift. Learned a lot of different forklift vehicles. Also learned how to operate the vehicles as well.

Pros

operating the forklift

Cons

short breaks

Flexible and Fun!

Great opportunity to work for a company that leads the pet nutrition industry. Flexible schedule with room for advancement. I enjoyed representing Nature's Variety in Petco's and PetSmarts. I would definitely recommend working here.

Was a great small company

Was a great small company that cared about the employees. New CEO is running this company to the ground. Cared about the ingredients in the pet food, and used quality products. Now they are using fillers

Low compensation horrible work place

Horrible place to work treat employees like trash and doesn't take care of the ones that bust their tail to make sure stuff happens needs to be fixed fired a lot of people but now needs people

A solid corporation to work for, i learned about various pet foods that Instinct has to offer. A typical day is to start with meeting regarding areas that needs more development.

Work is fun there if everyone do what they should do

Alots of downtime and still get pay Everyone’s is friendly and nice on second shift First shift is not nice no one know what they are doing in first shift Alway make second shift do all there work for them

Great company till bought out

The company was a wonderful place to work. After they were bought out by an International Venture group everything changed. My position was eliminated. They even changed the food and my dogs had allergic reactions to the new product ingredients.. Sorry to see such a wonderful product and company take such a different direction. Noticed the product isn't selling as well now.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Working for an international group with different values

Amazing Supervisor

I am very fortunate to have worked with my manager and Nature's Variety. She allowed me to learn things (never been in HR before) and trusted me to the handle whatever she gave me.

Pros

Dogs allowed to come to work.

Cons

Some of the political stuff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Instinct. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement