Integrated Care 24 Ltd

Integrated Care 24 Ltd Employee Reviews

Endless issues with pay and rotas. Some really supportive colleagues. 1 or 2 great managers. Interesting job but quite stressful. Great stop gap. If you have mental health issues this job will push you over the edge.
Pros
Colleagues. Helping patients. Upper management attempting change
Cons
Pay errors, planning rotas, work life balance
5 February 2021
Thank you for your review. The opportunity to improve the way we roster our teams was a key takeaway from our annual survey last year and our new Head of Contact Centres has already initiated a piece of work to deliver this key project to improve the experience for our contact centre teams.
One of the most stressful & awful places I've worked. They called one member whilest they were in a stroke ward everyday to ask if they'd be in. Awful place to work.
Cons
Poor management
I have worked for IC24 for 4 years, they had a flexible approach to overnight working although mixed shift patterns can be a bit tough. The people are great and very helpful. Well structured but intense training programme taught by some fabulous ladies and wonderful coaching staff. Managers are good at seeing the potential of those that work hard and enjoy the job and recognise you for it, upper level management have been very supportive of issues both inside and outside of work. It is a very demanding job with good progression opportunities and seconded roles within other areas of the company.
Pros
Bright and smiling receptionist. Fabulous staff
Cons
Rotas can be very draining
5 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to comment. It is great to hear that you enjoy working here. The past year has been extremely intense as we've been on the front line of the response to covid-19, but the reward is supporting our patients to get the help they need. We acknowledge that rotas have been raised as an issue and a piece of work is underway to improve how we roster our teams to make life a little easier for everyone.
I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone anymore. If you don’t suffer with mental health issues you will after working here. Constantly having to fight for your pay to be correct, waiting months for corrections. Paid significantly less than other 111 providers. Hours are awful, no work life balance at all. Doesn’t feel covid secure. They don’t care about the well-being of their staff despite what they say. Working in Ashford you never see any management above the Team Managers. I think the reviews speak for themselves.
Pros
Call centre colleagues.
Cons
Hours, pay, pay discrepancies.
5 February 2021
I'm sorry to hear you don't feel our workplaces are covid secure. However, we can assure you that we follow national guidelines in respect of infection prevention and control. This includes installing perspex screens, social distancing, and an enhanced cleaning regime.
The company is completely inadequate in every sense. Management are undertrained and clueless on how to properly support their staff. People are hired and promoted because of connections within the company rather than skill set and knowledge. Bullying is a common form of communication and if you’re not willing to work overtime you may as well give up there and then.
Pros
A select few people made this time bearable.
Cons
Hours, management, manipulation, bullying, lack of support, lack of development, lack of funding
5 February 2021
Dear former colleague, we would absolutely refute the claim regarding bullying, and do not accept that the company is 'completely inadequate in every sense.' Our People and Culture team would be very happy to discuss your concerns with you in further detail if you believe there are colleagues within the organisation who adopt a bullying approach.
Working in a healthcare environment where they don’t clean after covid outbreaks and ask staff to keep it quiet that they have been confirmed . 1 rule for the general population and another for IC24. IC24 have gone down the Pan . Sharing 1 toilet between over 50 staff during lockdown. I love my job and helping people but all the high level management working from home and not cleaning has really made me rethink the company’s values “made to be brave “ even the staff in the office are not brave enough to want to bring covid home to their families .
Pros
Some nice people
Cons
Hygiene
2 December 2020
Dear colleague, we are sorry to hear your views. Once we were notified of the cases of coronavirus within the contact centre we sent out a broadcast to inform colleagues and to remind them of all the important safety measures that are in place. We have a cleaning schedule in all our buildings and we follow national guidance in terms of infection prevention and control. We have sets of toilets both upstairs and downstairs in Ashford. Whilst we have many colleagues from our central functions working from home (to create more space for those in the contact centre to safely distance themselves around the building) our senior managers are still regularly present within the building. If you would like someone to meet with you to discuss these concerns please let us know.
Lovely work colleagues but overall very demotivating environment and asked to do things that mislead callers. Management have a blaming mentality and not supportive.
Pros
Coffee free
Cons
Unable to book holiday time and work life balance
30 October 2020
Dear Former Employee, we are disappointed to read your review. We would always encourage you to raise any concerns you have when they happen. If you would like to speak to the People and Culture team please do get in touch.
I can only agree with the comments that have been wrote about the bullying that is never addressed and the poor management in Ashford. The issues of bullying have been raised to the managers and the higher management and still it continues , no one listens to any concerns that are raised , numerous times I have been told it will be dealt with and it still continues . Lots of posters promoting how good it is to work here , those posters are just covering the cracks
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Lack of care
31 July 2020
Dear Current Employee, we are very concerned to read your review as a culture of bullying is not something that we recognise. Please contact peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk and we can assure you that it will be dealt with.
I have worked for IC24 for over two years and have to agree with most of the negs written about them. They do not do what they say they do. They will promise you a lot but never delivering on their promises. Do not be fooled by the companies insincere responses on here. Many of us have raised lots of issues with them about not being paid properly and the bad working conditions but nothing ever gets done. They are only interested in their Company image and getting more contracts. They do not care about the morale of their employees or if you stay or not as long as they look good. You will only get promoted if your face fits and you are less intelligent than the existing managers and supervisors so that makes it nearly impossible for most people.
Pros
Free tea and coffee.
Cons
Not paid properly, Impossible to get time off, Poor Managers, Hassled 24/7 to do more hours or come in on your day off or change your hours
31 July 2020
Dear Current Employee,It is disappointing to hear you think we don't care about our colleagues' morale; this is absolutely not the case. We currently have a health and wellbeing programme to support colleagues in and out of work, a workspace group to consider how we can improve the working environment and experience of working for IC24 and are shortly rolling out Trauma Risk Management training to provide an increased level of support for our contact centre teams to name but a few initiatives to support our people. If you would like to find out more, or raise any concerns to us, please contact the People and Culture team. If you have had an issue with your pay please speak to our Payroll team who will endeavour to resolve your issue as soon as possible
Terrible training, have favourites, managment staff not very pleasant and speak to you like a child very condescending and drop you like drop of a hat, if you are looking for depression this job is for you so dont waste your time and effort as there is no josecurity
Pros
Pay
Cons
Bad management, awful trainers, organised chaos
30 June 2020
Dear Former Employee, we are disappointed to read your review. We would always encourage you to speak to your line manager about any concerns or issues you have in the first instance. If however, you would like to speak to a member of the people and culture team please get in touch with peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Integrated Care 24 Ltd?
not a good place to work. managers leave you to coaches who all have different ways of interpreting data and they all tell you their own way (which may not be correct) then you go with another coach and are made to feel stupid as you have been taught wrongly. You cannot say anything to managers about this as the coaches are always right!!! There are small groups of people on the site that if they don't like you will put you down all the time leading to you being fearful of coming to work. There are some really nice people working here but few and far between if your face doesn't fit you are forced out. whilst I was there I was told of people who were gossiped about, they did not deserve to be talked about behind their backs especially to a newcomer as they had worked here for a long time All in all a bad career choicewhich could be improved if it was run in a more professional manner..
Pros
tuck bar
Cons
bullying culture
30 June 2020
Dear Former Employee, We would welcome the opportunity to talk to you further about this as a bullying culture is not something that we recognise. Please contact peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk.
It is a really exciting time to work at IC24 and a change programme that is kicking off is going to make it an even better place to work. There's a flexible approach to working, the company has responded really quickly to challenges of covid and it will be the foundation of providing a better place to work with better work life balance. I've read some of the negative reviews on here and i don't think they are at all reflective of the company. People who didn't have the right attitude are gradually leaving and the company is all the better for it. The Exec are open and honest and hold regular briefing sessions, produce videos etc. The offices are a bit dated but are going to be transformed as part of a big piece of work and i think if you have the right attitude and want to make your mark then this is a good place to come and work, and to be supported and developed.
12 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s great that you share our enthusiasm for the future. We’re excited too, and are committed to building that future in partnership with our people. Thank you for everything you do to support our patients and our services.
On the whole the company comes over as being supporting. But that is lip service. It’s a bullying culture. Always expected to do more and more’ long hours doesn’t reflect pay. If your not a yes person your out.
7 May 2020
Thank you for your review. We are concerned to hear that you believe there to be a bullying culture, as that is not something we recognise. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss these concerns further. You can contact us at peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk.
This is a very rewarding company to work for. The work is varied and relatively fast paced but always interesting. There is great rapport between the staff and management
6 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad you enjoy working for IC24.
IC24 are good at developing people, and do try to promote from within. If you're on the look out for the opportunities they are there - training, distance learning courses, online learning, apprenticeships, bursaries, secondments - the thing is you might have to spot those for yourself and push for them. Day-to-day in the contact centres can be fast-paced and stressful at times, and it can seem like all you do is take calls, but if you find & utilise those opportunities to specialise and progress, then much more is possible.
6 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. You’re right in that we have lots of opportunities for our people to learn and develop, and we have many people within different departments whose careers began in our contact centres. We hope you continue to enjoy working for us!
This is a company that I absolutely love working for and find the job very rewarding. I can honestly say I look forward to waking up and going in to work each day, which is something I have never been able to say about a job before! The opportunity for progression is the best anywhere I have been. Every day you are faced with a fresh challenge which means no two days are ever the same. The working environment is large and open, with vending machines and seating areas. All of my colleagues are the nicest people too! Would definitely recommend working here.
Pros
NHS Pension, increase in Annual Leave for Long Service, competitive rates of pay
Cons
The car park can get busy
6 April 2020
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you love working for IC24! As you’ll know we are continually looking at ways that we can improve the working environment of our offices, and this should only make IC24 an even better place to work.
Worked here for many years and can agree sadly with the comments below. Can not agree with the replies suggesting open door sessions are of any benefit. Any concerns raised get pushed under the carpet. Management care about Tesco orders for staff and keeping the tuck shop stocked up but don’t care abut staff and long delays for patients. This company is not what it used to be. Change of management has made this go down the pan
Pros
Free Tesco food
Cons
As above
6 April 2020
Dear Currently Employee, we are disappointed to read your review; we certainly do not push concerns raised under the carpet. We would like to speak to you further regarding your concerns. Please get in touch with peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk.
This company was great to work for when it was much smaller but it got too big for their boots. They start seeing people for if their face fit rather than for their capabilities. If your face fit then well done for staying in a work version of h*ll. That's just to the executives/management. The majority of day to day staff are lovely and should be commended. They say they care but if they did, the staff turnover wouldn't be as high. The head of people and culture needs to actually look at how her department in particular operates as they don't know what they are doing. I was treated unfairly during my last few years. The exec can talk the big talk but action speak louder than words. Go back to an approachable exec team who actually cared about the little people, I count only two of them who are actually personable and it isn't the people and culture team.
16 March 2020
Dear Anonymous,We are really disappointed to read your review.The People and Culture team and the Exec are committed to improving the employee experience in a busy and challenging environment; we're on a journey, just as the organisation is and we realise that change can be hard for individuals. We are sorry to hear how you felt but hope you are happy with whatever you are doing now. If you would find a conversation helpful, please feel free to get in touch with peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk.
Working as a receptionist with no clinical cover is not fun. No enhanced pay for working in the evenings. I have to phone people and advise to see their own doctor as we frequently have none. If you speak to the oncall management they will tell you there's nothing they can do. Staff are not valued and get no help from the managers . As front line staff we should have support from someone .
Pros
Cant think of any
Cons
No clinical cover
20 February 2020
Dear Current Employee,We would encourage you to speak to your Manager regarding your concerns or alternatively you can make contact with the People and Culture team. We would also be happy to update you on how we manage clinical cover across our localities, and the escalation process to the Service Delivery Manager or Operations Manager (as well as management on call arrangements). Please do get in touch.
Sheer volume of calls, not enough staff, all worked to the bone, no clinicians and long waits when patients have been triaged , Working here for many years and now the management focuses only on the facts and figures. Agency staff get better breaks than us and treated in a better way. If you are given negative feedback then they will push you out of the door. Everyone is leaving and looking for other jobs because it wis so bad - no one cares about you you are just a number.
Pros
Your work colleagues
20 February 2020
Dear Current Employee, We care very much about our colleagues and are sorry to hear you don’t agree. Have you raised any concerns with your line manager or at our CEO open door sessions?If not please do so in the first instance or get in touch with peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk.
I’ve worked for a number of companies and IC24 is undoubtedly the most fulfilling place I’ve ever worked. Full of dedicated, hard working people who support each other whilst doing demanding job roles. I enjoy myself at work and feel that most managers try to be good to their teams within a pressurised environment. They don’t always get it perfectly right but intentions are good, and it’s going in the right direction
10 February 2020
Dear Current Employee, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear you enjoy working here.