Integrated Care 24 Ltd
Happiness score is 37 out of 100

Integrated Care 24 Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom77 reviews

Not for everyone

IC24 has had some really bad reviews on here, I have worked here part time for 2 years and can’t fault them. They are flexible when I need them to be with my shifts, we’ve got a really good new pay structure coming in in feb and my colleagues are amazing. Yes there are downsides, some of the managers are too strict and on their high horse, but the majority are down to earth and understand how pressurised the service is at the moment. I’ve worked in much much worse places. I feel supported and valued here.

Pros

Free tea and coffee, understanding management on the whole, opportunities for further training apprenticeships etc

Cons

Long hours, can be repetitive

17 January 2022
Dear colleague, thank you for your kind words. It's great to hear that we have been able to be flexible to support you, and that you feel valued. Hopefully some of the new processes we are putting in place, such as the new pay structure, will continue to provide you with a great experience of working for IC24.

Not a fun experience

Senior management is distanced and try to come across as concerned. Front line managers are a different story as they are typically available. Company is currently performing badly but refuse to take in ideas proposed to make things better. The lack of communication in the company is shocking....and sometimes dangerous!

Pros

pay compared to regular NHS rates

Cons

incessantly asked to do overtime, no regular shift patterns, no respect for circadian rhythms!

17 January 2022
We are sorry to read your review and don't recognise your comment about refusing to take in ideas to make things better. Our senior managers hold regular open door sessions, and based on feedback from our front line colleagues we are working hard to implement a number of changes to improve the experience for our colleagues, this includes the implementation of new rotas and a pay review which will come into place on the 21st February. If you would like to talk to us more about your experiences and ideas, we would be happy to listen. Please email peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk

A good stop off point but not career worthy

I worked with IC24 for just under a year and I can honestly say it was one of the worst places I have ever worked. The shift patterns vary so you can start at 6am, 8am, 10am, 11am, 12am, 2pm, 3pm, 5pm etc. Which is fine if you don't have a social/family life. The shifts are 8/10 hours with non-stop phonecalls with minimum support as half of the management team don't actually know what they're doing. In fact, the amazing coaches run the building, and they are all so knowledgeable and friendly and always willing to help (which they get no extra pay for, disgusting!!!) . The training team are also amazing, its just a shame about the rest. Promotions are given based on who's friends with who- and the reply to this comment will be someone from head office sitting in a chair, arguing everything I've said- but unless you work there and get to know the people, you can't really say :) Also there's a no phones policy whilst on shift which I totally agree with, it's just a bit frustrating when you're sitting opposite your manager who spends half their shift on Facebook whilst you're answering call after call.

Pros

Staff are helpful

Cons

Everything else

17 January 2022
Dear Former Employee, we are sorry to read your review. We are working hard to improve the experience for our Health Advisor colleagues and based on feedback we have new rotas and a new pay framework which will be implemented on the 21st February 2022. If you would like to talk to us further about your experience, then please do get in touch peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk.

Awful and Horrendous don’t even come close.

Hands down THE worst place I have ever worked at.Chased back from breaks sometimes before it finishes. Learning and wellbeing time cancelled and not allowed. Rejected every single holiday request you put in, until you need to let them know you have requested every single possible day and still got rejected and you need to allow me to take something but miles away from any important dates you actually need. Stressful, no support from management. Just constantly the need to do better. 121 consists of call length to long need to get that patient off quicker so you can answer more calls. For the amount of money you earn it isn’t worth it. I lasted 2 months and found a job delivering which pays more and no stress I’m fact every advert I ever looked at pays more.

Pros

Coffee

Cons

Everything else

24 November 2021
We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience of working with us. We have a programme under way to deliver rotas that better suit the needs of our people. Learning and wellbeing are very important to us. We always need to balance learning with operational needs, but endorse learning and have a variety of opportunities for our people, ranging from bursaries to distance learning and apprenticeships. We've also produced a wellbeing strategy to focus on the physical, mental and financial needs of our people. If you would like to talk to us more about your experiences we would be happy to listen. Please email peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk

Worst place I’ve worked in a long time

So the training itself it’s good and informative but not a lot of it has relation to your role, the trainers themselves are great but I believe the hardest part is the actual call taking they need to focus more on the call taking rather than anatomy training. Some calls are hard and more training needs to be done in regards to these calls especially the suicidal and CPR calls. Once I got on the floor taking the calls the training itself didn’t really benefit me. the floor walkers and people that worked along side the TM’s are so clicky also very unapproachable. Also talk about other members of staff with other staff members in ear shot. I myself heard people who we’re analysing the Calls for compliance talking badly about call handlers.I personally believe that IC24 is not a great place at all to work, one of the member of staff had problems with IBS and needed longer bathroom breaks management were aware but yet they were still chasing this person amongst others who were in the toilet for more than 3 mins - And the most disgusting part of this is WHEN COVID WAS BAD THE MANAGEMENT TOLD PEOPLE TO TURN OFF THEIR NHS COVID APPS!!!! Even though people in the call enter were coming in with symptoms and being sent home and passing the virus to others. When I said I wanted to leave and gave notice the response I got was there is no point as you will be back.You only get spoken to if you’ve failed a call, never a praise unless it’s from your colleagues which they stick on a notice board in the staff room.Never enough clinicians to take over serious calls. And most clinicians -

Pros

Colleagues

30 September 2021
Dear former employee, we're sorry to hear of your experience, especially as we've recently been named as one of the top 100 employers in the south east. At the time we circulated the advice regarding the COVID-19 app we gave the context that we were providing a workplace that was in line with 'COVID secure' guidelines. Public Health England confirmed that if we met the requirements then it was acceptable to make this ask of our colleagues. We erected perspex screens within the centre, implemented a one-way system, and our fresh air systems also met the requirements. We also provided lateral flow testing kits to colleagues, as well as early access to the COVID-19 vaccination in the early stages of its roll out. Our Ipswich site was visited by local Public Health inspectors, who confirmed the measures we have in place are satisfactory. Our sites have been subject to inspections to ensure continued compliance. Asking colleagues to pause their app reduced the risk of false readings, as the app does not know about the measures in place, such as the screens.If you would like to talk through any of your concerns in more detail we would welcome the opportunity to do so, and you can contact us via peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk

Lack of support and general respect

The job was rewarding, saving lives but management just kept pushing constantly past my limits. They boast the ability to de-brief some cases but I only had that opportunity during the almost 2 years of service. There is a huge lack of mental health support. High turn over of staff always meant you felt pressured to do overtime.

Pros

Coffee, parking on site

Cons

Inflexable working hours.

13 September 2021
Dear colleague, we're sorry to hear you felt that way. We have developed a wellbeing strategy to support our people, and in the past year rolled out trauma support for our colleagues in the contact centre. If you would like to talk through any of your experiences in more detail we would welcome the opportunity to listen. You can email us at peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk

The modern work house……

Where to begin with IC24…. From the positive interview promising the world to the reality of working in a culture of bullying and double standards with inapt management scared that staff may just know a little more than them and actually have management skills. Although in their defence they aren’t managers, they are Team Leaders and all bar a couple are not capeable of running a cake stand at a bake sale let alone a call centre. The problem is they work with human beings with emotions and feelings and all bar a couple are not equipped to deal with this…… More on that later.Life as a Health Advisor……. what can I say..?? You don’t have one. The rota is appalling and there is no life balance or rhyme or reason to it and they use the get out of jail free card or “were a 24 hour out of hours business” as their justification….. But the moment the certain managers don’t want to do something then it’s fine for them to change…!!! Leading by example doesn’t exist in the place. They have no understanding and little care although they promised the rota situation is being looked at…. it takes them to employ someone to look at them when if they gave people who work them the chance to help they’d have it solved in a matter of days… They know the problem they just don’t want to sort it. The Health Advisors in general are lovely and that’s half the reason people stay…. Everyone’s in it together and no ones happy but they have little choice until they can escape…. The demand on the 111 service is beyond anything and they don’t appreciate how stressful it is…. And the emails of a bartering about -

Pros

The people and a couple of managers

Cons

An endless list

Tread carefully

Tread carefully. No management in place. Workers left to their own resources. Shifts given to favourites week in week out. No career prospects here, only given a job if your face fits then the job is yours. Shifts left uncovered and difficult to manage. Staff leaving left right and centre. Why is everyone leaving?

Pros

Free refreshments

Cons

The reviews speak for themselves

6 September 2021
We're sorry to read this review. If you would like to talk through some of these issues we would welcome the opportunity to do so. You can contact us by email - peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk

Not a great place

Recruitment process is unfair . They will interview you even though they have already decided who will be taking the job . Staff are picked for roles before the adverts are published , even if you are more than capable of doing that role.Homeworkers are left to their own devices, no welfare checks are made on them . No team spirit left in the organisation.This once used to be a organisation to be proud of working in.If your face fits you will be given any job regardless of experience .Payroll is an issue every month , even if you have the same salary every month.Expectations to change your leave to suit the business but you can never get a day of that you request .There’s some real good staff that will never be given opportunities because of the girl gang management in place .

6 September 2021
Thank you for your review. We believe that we have a fair and transparent recruitment process, so would welcome the time to talk through your experiences. We have had very positive feedback regarding our homeworking procedures, so again, would like to be able to discuss with you any concerns you have. We have lots of opportunities for our colleagues to develop, and have recently created a careers roadmap to visually demonstrate how colleagues can progress their career with us. This is accessed by Learn24, and is available alongside other learning opportunities such as bursaries, apprenticeships and a whole host of other courses.

awul

Managers who chase you back from the toilet when you're in the middle of a toilet break... when service level increases you're breaks are moved and asked to delay putting more pressure on you. Staff work for minimum wage, no bonus, unfriendly rota's, if youre face youll go far but if it doesnt which it more than likely wont, youll be picked on and unhappy at work, the reviews dont lie..lack of diversity!! any excuse to extend probation any excuse to stop you from getting a higher pay band on a pay review

Pros

free tea and coffee and thats even threatened to be taken away

Cons

working hrs, pay, no gratitude, rubbish work life balance, managers who are unprofessional, lack of diversity

16 April 2021
Dear Former Employee, we're disappointed to hear your feedback. In our recent b-Heard engagement survey we achieved 'One to Watch' status in recognition of our levels of engagement. We are acting on feedback regarding our rotas, with an ongoing project to ensure that our rotas better serve the needs of our people.

Proceed with Caution

No work life balance because resource planning aren’t too worried about you having a life. Don’t expect for your team manager to catch up with you ever to see if you’re okay or what they expect of you as an employee. Unfair work balance between the 2 systems they work with, half the employees do more work in a shift than the other, If you are new expect to work a lot harder than those paid more but in the same job role.Awful experiences with Team managers, they gossip and play favourites, expect to be ignored if they don’t like your personality. Company overall is unprofessional in their work practices towards employees.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Management and shift patterns

31 March 2021
Dear former colleague,We're sorry to hear your views. We are working hard to improve the experience of working for IC24, and our contact centre teams are a critical part of the organisation. We recently held our 'b-Heard' employee engagement survey and the scores we achieved in that resulted in us being awarded 'one to watch' status by the Best Companies organisation. We are completely committed to continuing our work to improve our employees' experience of working here.

Disappointed

Managers need to learn some people skills. Getting told by one manager that I’m doing well then told by other managers that they didn’t think I could make the grade. Lots of favourites and if you aren’t one of the chosen you basically get ignored. Promises made to complete final part of training but this never happened. I would have liked to be given the chance to complete that and the final assessment but this never happened. A 6 month probation turned into 3 months. Why was I told constantly by the coaches that I was doing well and then get told Goodbye. Other call handlers and coaches are great but that’s about it.

Pros

Cons

Lack of people skills

23 March 2021
Dear Former Employee, We are disappointed to read your review. If you would like to speak to us further please get in contact with peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk.

Terrible Orwellian Company

Awful company in every single way you can imagine:Need to check all payslips as regular pay discrepancies Terrible Covid policy enforcement putting staff in active risk No advancement opportunities and if you finally get promoted to a coach there is no pay increase Holiday is difficult to book and is paid at your lower rate even if you take holiday on weekend etc If your ill in your first year its unpaid If your ill due to Covid more than once its unpaid Shifts are inflexible and often changed last minute Minimum standards for everything health, pay, benefits safety etc I could go on and on but this company is a joke they don't care about their staff in the slightest and if you have any other options I advise you look elsewhere or be prepared to be taken advantage of at every opportunity possible.

Pros

Free air

Cons

Air may contain Covid

23 March 2021
Dear current employee, we would welcome the opportunity to talk through your concerns with you. Our infection prevention and control guidelines are in line with national standards and as you'll know, we have implemented a number of measures to protect our employees. These include access to covid-19 testing kits, a vaccination, and workplace enhancements such as perspex screens.

Awful

One of the most stressful & awful places I've worked. They called one member whilest they were in a stroke ward everyday to ask if they'd be in. Awful place to work.

Cons

Poor management

1 March 2021
We are disappointed to read your review. We would be happy to speak to you about your experiences, please get in touch with the People & Culture team.

The staff make this company what it is

I have worked for IC24 for 4 years, they had a flexible approach to overnight working although mixed shift patterns can be a bit tough. The people are great and very helpful. Well structured but intense training programme taught by some fabulous ladies and wonderful coaching staff. Managers are good at seeing the potential of those that work hard and enjoy the job and recognise you for it, upper level management have been very supportive of issues both inside and outside of work. It is a very demanding job with good progression opportunities and seconded roles within other areas of the company.

Pros

Bright and smiling receptionist. Fabulous staff

Cons

Rotas can be very draining

5 February 2021
Thank you for taking the time to comment. It is great to hear that you enjoy working here. The past year has been extremely intense as we've been on the front line of the response to covid-19, but the reward is supporting our patients to get the help they need. We acknowledge that rotas have been raised as an issue and a piece of work is underway to improve how we roster our teams to make life a little easier for everyone.

Gone downhill

I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone anymore. If you don’t suffer with mental health issues you will after working here. Constantly having to fight for your pay to be correct, waiting months for corrections. Paid significantly less than other 111 providers. Hours are awful, no work life balance at all. Doesn’t feel covid secure. They don’t care about the well-being of their staff despite what they say. Working in Ashford you never see any management above the Team Managers. I think the reviews speak for themselves.

Pros

Call centre colleagues.

Cons

Hours, pay, pay discrepancies.

5 February 2021
I'm sorry to hear you don't feel our workplaces are covid secure. However, we can assure you that we follow national guidelines in respect of infection prevention and control. This includes installing perspex screens, social distancing, and an enhanced cleaning regime.

Call Centre

Endless issues with pay and rotas. Some really supportive colleagues. 1 or 2 great managers. Interesting job but quite stressful. Great stop gap. If you have mental health issues this job will push you over the edge.

Pros

Colleagues. Helping patients. Upper management attempting change

Cons

Pay errors, planning rotas, work life balance

5 February 2021
Thank you for your review. The opportunity to improve the way we roster our teams was a key takeaway from our annual survey last year and our new Head of Contact Centres has already initiated a piece of work to deliver this key project to improve the experience for our contact centre teams.

Awful place to work

The company is completely inadequate in every sense. Management are undertrained and clueless on how to properly support their staff. People are hired and promoted because of connections within the company rather than skill set and knowledge. Bullying is a common form of communication and if you’re not willing to work overtime you may as well give up there and then.

Pros

A select few people made this time bearable.

Cons

Hours, management, manipulation, bullying, lack of support, lack of development, lack of funding

5 February 2021
Dear former colleague, we would absolutely refute the claim regarding bullying, and do not accept that the company is 'completely inadequate in every sense.' Our People and Culture team would be very happy to discuss your concerns with you in further detail if you believe there are colleagues within the organisation who adopt a bullying approach.

Do your research

Working in a healthcare environment where they don’t clean after covid outbreaks and ask staff to keep it quiet that they have been confirmed . 1 rule for the general population and another for IC24. IC24 have gone down the Pan . Sharing 1 toilet between over 50 staff during lockdown. I love my job and helping people but all the high level management working from home and not cleaning has really made me rethink the company’s values “made to be brave “ even the staff in the office are not brave enough to want to bring covid home to their families .

Pros

Some nice people

Cons

Hygiene

2 December 2020
Dear colleague, we are sorry to hear your views. Once we were notified of the cases of coronavirus within the contact centre we sent out a broadcast to inform colleagues and to remind them of all the important safety measures that are in place. We have a cleaning schedule in all our buildings and we follow national guidance in terms of infection prevention and control. We have sets of toilets both upstairs and downstairs in Ashford. Whilst we have many colleagues from our central functions working from home (to create more space for those in the contact centre to safely distance themselves around the building) our senior managers are still regularly present within the building. If you would like someone to meet with you to discuss these concerns please let us know.

Worrying work environment

Lovely work colleagues but overall very demotivating environment and asked to do things that mislead callers. Management have a blaming mentality and not supportive.

Pros

Coffee free

Cons

Unable to book holiday time and work life balance

30 October 2020
Dear Former Employee, we are disappointed to read your review. We would always encourage you to raise any concerns you have when they happen. If you would like to speak to the People and Culture team please do get in touch.

Not what it seems

I can only agree with the comments that have been wrote about the bullying that is never addressed and the poor management in Ashford. The issues of bullying have been raised to the managers and the higher management and still it continues , no one listens to any concerns that are raised , numerous times I have been told it will be dealt with and it still continues . Lots of posters promoting how good it is to work here , those posters are just covering the cracks

Pros

Free Coffee

Cons

Lack of care

31 July 2020
Dear Current Employee, we are very concerned to read your review as a culture of bullying is not something that we recognise. Please contact peopleandculture@ic24.nhs.uk and we can assure you that it will be dealt with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Integrated Care 24 Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1