Intelligent Energy

Intelligent Energy Employee Reviews

Good enough company

Medium size company with relaxed work culture, casual dress code, cantine and cafeteria on-site with beautiful green area and lake/pond in front of offices (very nice for lunch breaks). I think it's a great company to work especially for graduate engineers where one can learn a lot about fuel cell although employe's training could be improved. Work hours are not very flexible but has shorter Friday which is alright.

Pros

Learn a lot about fuel cells technology

Cons

People are a bit reserved

Very intelligent prospective for employers

Very good company to work for very interesting and challenging to work for this company. Like fuel cell assembly testing like validation testing making testing Rig and development and designin for fuel cell technology

Pros

Have a monthly meeting with breakfast from company

Cons

40 hr and flexible hours

Excellent Working Environment

Nice place, nice people. Technology is very good, desire to use latest tools is very good, ability to sell a product is more questionable. Definitely worth joining if they can begin to sell products and become profitable.

Pros

Good work life balance, nice office location and people

Cons

Lack of job security

Good people bad management

The people in the company are great, good social atmosphere and people are very clever and talented. This is overshadowed by the poor management who have no clear plan for the company, rarely communicate with the work force and when they do it is never clear and honest. The technology is great, however there does not appear to be a market for it and often the management "solution" is to create a market which leads to over optimism and a culture of we know best so do as we say.

Friendly Environment

Nice environment to work. Flexible working hours. Early release on Fridays. People/co-workers are quite easy going and willing to help.

Friendly workplace

It is a nice environment to work and people/co-workers are friendly and always willing to help. There is flexibility on working hours.

UK based Research Company

Intelligent Energy is a UK based company specialize in the development of innovative low carbon fuel cell technology. Great place to develop your engineering knowledge.

Good and productive atmosphere

My first real job after graduating, and it is a great atmosphere to work in. Staff is friendly, and always willing to have a chat both work related and more social. I have gained a lot of technical knowledge during these 3 years, although I would appreciate more training courses. My presentation skills have greatly improved, as well as my report writing skills something you don't practice enough in a science degree. Career progression is often encouraged and well supported by managers and technical leads.

Pros

Nice and friendly atmosphere

Cons

Not enough training

Interesting place to work

Whilst working at Intelligent Energy there is never a dull moment. There are constantly new challenges and new things to be investigating and to top it off the people working there are excellent.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Questionable management structure

Interesting work

8.5hr day, decent office, good working location, in university complex. Co-workers hard working and good communicators, hardest part of job is getting action from IT. Most enjoyable is working in an active busy place.

Pros

Free tea/coffee, private health, pension

Cons

Sometimes disorganised

A very poor organisation

A research & development company desperately trying to break into manufacturing & failing miserably. Management by spread sheet seems to be the motto of this confused & befuddled organisation. A fuel cells innovator it has some dubious relations with a few Japanese automotive companies & a some curious methods of supporting & financing it self & it's bloated management structure.

Pros

Free Breakfast bap every 5 weeks or so & watch new recruits introduce themselves.

Cons

Major cull every 9 months as it gets rid of it's dead wood!

Friendly workplace

Interesting place to work, good atmosphere. Great for those who like a mix of disciplines

Cons

No overtime for Permanent staff

productive and fun place to work

The staff and offic environment there were great. Also the lunches were good too. The only issue it that it is in Loughborough.

Pros

good people

Cons

It's in Loughborough

Productive and fun place to work

Intelligent Energy is an intellectual property rich company with over 23 years in R&D, resulting in over 550 patents (granted or pending). We specialise in the development of modular, low carbon fuel cell systems for our blue chip partners and their global mass markets. With over 300 staff based across operating sites and offices around the world, we develop technology that is tailored to suit our partners’ power technology needs – collaborating from early in the design process and embedding our proprietary technology platform into their products. We work in three market sectors – automotive, stationary power and consumer electronics. It is our ecosystem of partners that is at the heart of Intelligent Energy.

Exciting R & D fuel Cell Company

Intelligent has grown dramatically in the past 6 years from approximately 50 employees to over 300 employees. IE now have a fuel cell UPP mobile/tablet etc. product about to be available in various countries. I have learnt a lot of new tasks while working at IE. I now feel its time to move on to a smaller company where I can use my skills.

Pros

Enthusiasm

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intelligent Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement