Intercity Technology

Intercity Technology Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work

CEO and all management are absolutely amazing. They treat the staff like one big happy family. They provide tons of training regardless of how long you have been with them. The company makes every employee feel appreciated at every level of the company.

Pros

Management treat the staff amazing, Lots of perks, CEO routinely send hampers out to staff just to show his appreciation.

Cons

Salary could be better.

Great Place to Work

Intercity is a great place to work, with a fantastic culture and excellent career development. It is a family owned business with a real focus on its values and customers (NPS +50). It is a really exciting time to be part of Intercity as we look to cement our position as a technology solutions provider of choice for our customers across a number of different sectors and product areas. The business has ambitious growth aspirations and I am particularly keen to be a part of the journey. Positive cash reserves and no external debt, means that we have an extremely stable base from which to support the business and fuel the ambitious growth plans we have for the future.

Pros

Career development, customer service, excellent products, fantastic values, culture, socials

Cons

Perhaps we may be too accepting of some of the negativity

On an exciting journey to expand

Very collaborative team-centric. Masses to do but you feel like everyone is pushing in the same direction. Each day will skip through multiple challenges with different parts of the business at a fast pace. Frustrating everything cannot be resourced but lot's of laughs as people learn together. Management are very involved with people across the business.

Pros

We are in it together culture and here to help customers

Cons

Not as well known as some so a real Challenger now but future leader

A genuinely lovely place to work!

Every day is different which keeps things exciting. My line manager is incredibly supportive. Great progression opportunities for motivated employees who are looking to take on a new challenge. Intercity really make an effort to recognise individuals that go above and beyond, and live the Intercity values. Intercity constantly take colleague feedback into consideration when making decisions which is really refreshing. And the social events are great fun!

Pros

The people, social events, progression opportunities

Truly caring company, great place to work

The facts don't lie - Employee engagement scores are very high, way above average. Same for Customer satisfaction, also very high & well above competitors. Family business that really wants to look after you, be flexible & reward good performers. Lots have been with Intercity for many years & most received promotions. One of the only technology companies not to furlough any staff. The culture is great - lots of social events, always trying to listen & do what the staff want (social committee is made up of the employees, not management).

Pros

Culture, financial strength, opportunities to progress

Fantastic place to work

Only been with intercity for 4+ months now and this is easily the best place I have worked for both in the day job role (correct combination and setup of the management and support structure), and the way the company try and look after the staff both whilst at work and socially out of hours. Having several business revenue streams is also good as you are not relying just one as your main income into the business. Overall though, great place to work, great camaraderie amongst colleagues and supporting & developing some leading edge IT products and services.

Pros

Great place to work, very friendly staff, latest technology used

Cons

No two days are the same at intercity, its a Beautiful office with lovely people! excellent employee benefits and internal progression. a Great place to work to learn and gain key skills.

Fast paced and exciting place to work

Really enjoy getting the opportunity to work with so many different people and teams. It's very encouraging to have a manager and a business that are very supportive of my development and career aspirations and it may sound cliched but it really is the people that make working at Intercity what it is. Really good collaboration and team spirit.

Pros

Really supportive of colleague development

Cons

N/a

cleaner

my duties were easy to carry out because the building was pretty much empty so i was able mop,dust, wipe and vacuum my designated area with no interuptions.

Amazing, Social, Happy, Exciting!!!

Usually, they say rule of three but I'm going for four words here, Intercity Technology so far has been very supportive in my early days - induction was structured very well, and everyone at the organization is very happy and welcoming. Obviously being a technology business, the office equipment is up-to-date and as a business, they are very open to ideas and suggestions to make the working life better. Look forward to creating my career here at Intercity Technology. Would recommend to a friend!

Jobs at Intercity Technology

See more jobs

Great Company to work for!

- Every day I have the opportunity to work with the best team, everyone is friendly and helpful. - We're undergoing a big transformation at the moment and I am very excited about the future. - My manager is supportive and invested in my future. - We have lots of social events that celebrate our success and make it a good environment to work in.

Pros

The people, focus on development, benefits and socials

Cons

Refurb of the Birmingham Office has been disruptive at times (but the end is in sight, and we'll have a better office!)

Very Disappointing

There is no leadership, no structure, no decent TRAINING just half an in a class or on a phone every 3 months. Intercity try to present itself as a serious managed services organisation, they are not. You just have to ask other organisations about intercity. The pay is insufficient unless you're a manager,overall intercity are a good company to join as a first job. Its a stepping stone job however if you have experience then go elsewhere because you will be very disappointed if you join intercity. There was hardly any training, plus I've never seen a company with so many unhappy customers and staff. Account managers do not manage their accounts, only good thing is you get free sweets on a Friday.

Pros

It's a laugh, even the management don't really care.

Cons

Very toxic environment, lack of leadership and lack of training or career prospects.

Very sociable

The company is a good company to work for with its yearly social events including Xmas and a pub quiz. There are many target driven awards with awards towards each individuals and departments. The staff are a good social group, They have a work hard, play hard ethic. Overall as a company it is worth working for. The downside is that there is only a 30 mins lunch break with the surrounding area consisting of other businesses so it can be hard to find food nearby, many staff would eat at there desks and end up working without taking a break. The department I was located, was difficult at times to get further support from the manufacturers, there was no real support for the VoIP engineers, no manuals or training programme for proprietary IP PBX system. There was no overtime pay considered for the field engineers who most of the time do long hours including travelling at long distances and get paid for the standard 8hrs Pool sharing 2x vans between mulitiple engineers has its problems as well. There was no thought for assigning personal vans to each field engineer and tools initially were shared between the engineers with missing tools. Recommended tools were not considered. All in all, the company is worth working for but for the engineer department alot can be improved.

Pros

Good social group, work hard, play hard ethic

Cons

30 mins lunch, no real support for VoIP engineers, no manuals or training programme for proprietary IP PBX system, no overtime pay, shared pool van for mulitiple engineers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Intercity Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3

3.8Job security/advancement

Intercity Technology Reviews by Location

• Intercity Technology
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?