International Procurement & Logistics Ltd

International Procurement & Logistics Ltd Employee Reviews

Enjoyed my work overall But expecting me Do 3rd party jobs as well as my Own which most time didn't Mind but did not always leave you enough time do my own Job
When I started working there 8 years ago I really enjoyed work environment and my job but last 3 years or so company changed so much that there is no respect for people working for them and felt like we are just numbers on paper and they own us for 12 h without rights. Definitely not "Great place to Work" anymore.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, cold environment, no respect from Operation Leaders.
After working at a similar company that closed down a lot of my friends went to IPL and they've all eventually left because it is a really bad place to work.The senior management will shout at and you give you abuse and care about your well-being.The line leaders don't really care about your as they are under a lot of pressure and most sometimes start the line 3 minutes before the break ends so when you come back.The lines are running very very high speeds and you have just one second to put each product in the tray and if trays get stuck together you behind almost instantly and you don't get any support from the Line leaders if anything should go wrong.
Pros
I can't think of any just it's a job.
Cons
12 hour shifts.
Just don't do it. They expect you to be a machine. They want robots. 12hrs of extremely fast paced work that no one can do. And it's constantly not good enough. You can hit the target once (well, manipulate the figures) and they move it even higher. The management don't understand that it's actually impossible because they expect you to lie and fiddle your paperwork so you score high percentages even though in reality you didn't. You do this because when you show them the truth, you are disciplined. Well, you are disciplined for everything. Every little thing, bam, warnings and firings. You sweat and hurt for them and they treat you like dirt. Then your break starts the minute your line stops. A measly 30 minutes after 4 and 1/2hrs work. It takes up to 5 minutes to get to the break room after removing your overalls, plus you lose another 5 to 8 minutes coming back, getting overall on and washing hands/hairnet and back at your machine, which is all done in your 30 minutes. So, no, go anywhere else. I can promise you this, you will only find misery here!
Pros
Cons
Long hours, cold, misery, awful management and even worse upper management. No progression (not that you would want to), legal minimum breaks for looooong hours of painful work. Spoken to like trash.
ManagementFunny place to work, didn't stay there for long and worked just on one shift so maybe it's different on others. Shift O if full of friends and people who complaining all the time to their leaders. Not possible to achieve something there, everything is for friends and their friends. Big manager Mr.R. thinks he's most important person on the shift, if you're a girl you're fine (he will give you full time and LL position straight). Looks like this is his favorite place to be and can't see how those girls using him and having fun. There is a better life outside the Ipl but is different when this is only one job all those people ever had. It wasn't pleasure to work on this shift, all those people need to realize they are adults not kids anymore but what to expect if Management is poor and all they want is people more to like them than be professional.
Worst place you could ever imagine working, colleagues are rude and think they’re all the best workers going when in reality they’re nobody’s stuck in the worst company in the country.
Cons
I'm not working long there but you can tell the is a groups of "friends" , they are allowed to do more - read less. If you're a girl you can do what you want, especially if you're working on grapes. SOL will do what you want, he really want people to like him and he really likes females. This is the place where all couples exchange partners in one place, SOL's are really open. No loyalty or professionalism. Not really good money , 4 on 4 off this is only one positive.
Working there at first the CEO ( Mr Scraise) was very caring and understanding, he was replaced and the working environment suffered. The company then started to embark on a redundancy programme, I left soon after.
The work at IPL was very fast paced and hectic. People panicking and rushing around to minimize down time and causing more downtime by rushing. There wasn't much team unity at IPL. A lot of foreign workers, talking in their native tongue and laughing made me feel very uneasy. The language barrier was also a big problem when it came to being trained up on the machines.
Been in IPL Whittlesey nearly since begging . It is great place to work if you concentrate on work and want to progress. Time for me in daily basis flying fast as there is always something new to learn or to face. This place open for new ideas and encourage people to offer them, training always available if necessary . It is not for someone who expects to came at work and get paid for keeping hands in the pocket or for chatting whole day.
Pros
Good pay rate, stability, benefits, opportunities to progress, invest a lot in trainings, everyone is expected to perform at same level regardless they gender, colour or believe
Cons
Fast paced, can be quite cold
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at International Procurement & Logistics Ltd?
Had a good time in the years I was there made many friends Life was good between home and life Management over looked many people if you were not in the right group
No good factory and very bad managers just give good job only for friends and family the rest no thing.no respect no people speak English.mangers just care about his friends and family if you have problems with some one all will give you problems.i have long time working think will get better but no any good from manger just see all his friends.
IPL is one of the best fruit&vegetable company in UK if it's not the best one in the market. Working in this company can give you assurance in your life, experience, challenge, new opportunity and new outlook .
Only number not human long hours on feet managed didn’t care about you to many managers of managers! Best part fas finished my shift and take off safty shoes!
A good place to work but there is not an opportunity for me due to the fact that my education area is completely different. By the way that is the reason that I would like to leave.
Awful, awful place to work. I cannot find the words to say how bad it is to work here. The stress, the physical pain, the mental boredom. Long long hours in the cold and the legal minimum of breaks. Every every second of your day is counted. Big screens above your stations relay second by second of what you are doing. I didn't have time to go to the toilet. I have never hated t work somewhere more. Please, save yourself. Your health and happiness are worth so much more than this. .
Work was physically demanding and takes a toll as a male key operative. They divide key operatives into "Heavy's" or "Lights" which basically indicates the sort of lifting you will be doing, heavy workers should be paid more than the lights for the heavier work. Heavys are 99% males but you will occasionally see a female heavy. There is no real progression within the company, you may get trained in multiple positions but not contracted for anything else leaving you wondering why you took the training in the first place, if your Face fits is generally the best way to understand how management works at IPL.
Worked for this company for many years and seen the poor changes that have made, management is very poor they couldn't run a bath don't care about people's problems or issues, you work 12 hours aday will 2 half hour breaks I get that now working 8 hours aday, please avoid IPL better looking else where......... Seriously . There adverts should come with a health warning.
Pros
Cons
Many
First agency was ok they gave me shift work and a yr later new agency came favoured polish workers somexworkers doing overtime 7 nights whilst I could not get back to my shift even though I told the agency they ignored after a few weeks I left
Cons
12 hr shift. 4 nights then 4 days rotating shift when i had my shift
Typical day at work is always productive. I learn to packing fruits. Management is thinking always how to improve business. Workplace must be clean and safety. The hardest part of job is long day work (12h per day). We work 4 days and 4 days off
Cons
Enjoyed my time at IPL , moving in right direction , although further investment needed in maintaining plant . People Great and engaged . Would recommend working for IPL.