Interserve Healthcare

Interserve Healthcare Employee Reviews

I am really happy working for the London branch they have introduced me to a number of clients and I have regular shifts and get a monthly rota. I really enjoy working with the families I work with - caring for complex children whilst the parents get some sleep. Interserve have supported me to learn new skills and i get paid a good hourly rate. The branch team are really supportive and helpful and are nice people.
Pros
good pay and regular work / monthly rotas
From.management to staff everyone is just so friendly .no opressure on you/your availability or commiting to packages that your not comfortable with.
Pros
Great packages and lots of hours of work
Cons
Zero hour contract and day shifts short mostly
Very good colleagues, good environment at work, agency support if we need it, the same with the cliente very supportive. I don't have any negative experience working for the agency.
I worked for interserve for 4 years. Within this time I worked in numerous packages with different families. I found when I rang up for jobs they never got back to me or promised me work then I would never hear again. If they did give me work it was far away and with clients who had bad attitudes, or who had no respect for the workers. This past year I have had no work from interserve, then I received my p45 in an email to say I had left the job. They didn’t call to ask if I would like to work for them, not once. After all the hours I worked for this company they drop you without even asking you. Please be careful when signing up!
Pros
Flexible with hours and days, pay is reasonable. Good training
Cons
No payment for training, give you jobs no one else wants, manager is rude to clients and staff
I still work for the company, seen lots of office staff come and go, just think it can be very stressful on times for them. They never force you into a shift if your unable to cover it, Work have always been good, And they always try their best to find you extra shifts if you if you don't have any. holiday pay is good i can draw it out whenever i want to. milage rate for petrol could be better, Training is very good the best around. Different packages are rated at different prices.
Pros
Good holiday pay, Good rates of pay
Cons
Milage rate could be better
There is a separation of office staff and carers. There is no support given to carers. If you are quiet and a yes sir no sir kind of person you will be fine. If you have a voice they won't like it. They employ anyone and don't sack people when they should. Even gross misconduct get shoved under the carpet and it work as normal.
Pros
Some nice carers
Cons
Office staff look down on carers
I would not let this company care for my family having worked for them and knowing their poor poor management of caseloads. Office staff are rude and inpaticular 1 Scot know it all who thinks she knows everything but to be honest doesn't know her bottom from her face. She is mean to staff and a bit of a bully to be honest. If you enjoy working within this type of "culture" this is the ideal place for you. Because most staff office and carers are awful
Cons
I have worked for Interserve for 5 years on a zero hour contract and have always received work and taken work that I have been offered, a good company to work for
Pros
not applicable
Cons
not applicable
I worked for Interserve for just under a year - they left me out of work for nearly 2months initially after giving up a permanent job to learn complex care skills. They never gave me enough hours to live on hence why after 3 months I had already had to start with another company (who I still work for 4 years on). The most disgusting thing about them by far though was informing me of my baby clients passing via email with their initials and RIP as the subject title! How can they even say they care is beyond me! Never worked another shift for them after that email! Took forever to get my p45 off them. Just a joke from start to finish! Don't waste your time on this company. Only positive is I first learnt how to care for trache ventilated patients with them (however all skills were taught by hospital staff not them).
It was good workplace hours typical Monday-Friday 9-5, however saying this I did find myself doing overtime quite often during the week and occasional weekends. The job itself was hit and miss, as the week began very stressful and fast-paced due to a deadline on a Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning. However it would slow right done to basically nothing for the rest of the week. The work environment isn't the greatest there's sense of competitiveness and going against other teams in the office for petty reasons.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Interserve Healthcare?
I loved working for interserve it was a lovely company to work for and the staff were really nice and helped in everyday thankyou Debbie simms. The training was of a high standard and l working there
OMG...Horrible, I did not like it as an agency and they are not professional and they do not have enough experience. I mean people in the office. I did not like it at all.
Staff might still feel not valued enough by getting "packages" that pays low and requires a lot of your time away from home. However it's always easy to speak to management and they do try to listen. All quite friendly and focused on their work. Not many problems with pay management which is great. Nurses there are mostly helpful, experienced and friendly too. Overall, I believe a good company shouldn't be good if only compared with worse services, but with good ones. Interserve can get there if they want to. Great potential for it.
To click manager had favourites not a nice place to work! Poor salary for what was required and when I covered holiday leave wasn’t given correct training to cope with hers and my job
Great company. I learned a lot of my skills while here and developed myself professionally in the time I was working here. Really good structured business.
Perfect if u want to pick up extra shifts. Perfect for home life balance. Costs too much in fuel to travel 45mile away from your house with no fuel paid. Only down fall is they dont listen when u say your availability and harass u to work xmas day night
Very bad management. They are not sure who is to do what. You ask for some support as an employee they toss you around just to get something that takes under a minute to solve. There is no certainty at Interserve however the patients are work with are very good and I feel sorry for them.
Thet bully you into doing shifts, no back up from management when things go wrong, thet expect you to do training the day after a waking night shift, wage is just above minimum wage, a lot of responsibility for the pay, management don't care about their staff, as long as the shift is covered, management mess you about changing the shifts, they forget they are zero hours, Bullies
Pros
Learn to do complex training
Cons
Jusr over minimnum wage, joke
Opportunity to work across teh country Payroll challenging with payments missed Useful and supportive senior nurse always available adn out of hours support available
The staff were horrible, old immature ladies and the management were not professional. Worse company ever, no support! The job was alright it was just the staff that were a problem.
This is a decent company to work for around life though if you were looking for a full time sallery as a HCA your not going to get it. The management are nice but can be a bit cliqueesh. No chances for development other than more training.