Interserve
Happiness score is 55 out of 100

Interserve Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,149 reviews

Found 1,149 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,298 reviews

nice people and line manager

line manager was very supportive.the pay was not really good .coworkers very nice.training for health and safety providedvery informative.no chance to progress

Pros

no stress

Cons

no family balance

Well paid, rare problems

Worked for a year and a half as a touch point cleaner, atmosphere was relaxed and the work was rewarding- nothing I'd do at work ever stressed me to take it home with me.

Insights into Interserve

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things

Poor Training

Poor training and obnoxious line manager who was completely disinterested in interns. Menial tasks given that were not relevant to the job. Decent time off.

dishonest management

not a nice place to work there is no support no help in reaching your goals no chance for advancement no loyalty to staff so none generated towards the company half of the staff need an interpreter no effort is made to make the job easier for them staff just use the translator on their mobiles no equipment as promised in contract no uniform provided

Pros

it's a job

Cons

lack of equipment masks not provided, Supervisors well equipt, not those on the front line, no recognition for those who continued to work through the pandemic

Estamgradencompania me gusta trabajo con interservtiene respecto para todo che trabajo

Tiene respeco condo trabajo con compania muy serioso

Very friendly team

I worked for interserve as a cleaning manager for 10 years and always got the support from the area manager I traveled to help others out at different locations and was always supported well

Stressful not pleasant

Stressful unsociable working hours 6 days a weekAlso called in to cover staff who was sick as a very minimal team run to a very tight budget so many hours given to cover the whole superstore.Looked down by the other staff in the superstore everything was your job.

Pros

Met different kinds of people

Cons

Work life balance and pay isnt worth it

Senior management

If you disagree with a senior manager, they blacklist you for any future applications you make and stifle your career, whether your CV matches their job description or not. Senior management appoint poorly skilled people and now they are Mitie, the same applies.

Cons

I wasn't there very long, about a year, but I enjoyed it. Management was absolutely lovely, really supportive and helpful. The work was quite monotonous though and it took a good while to get started on my actual job.

Pros

Remote work

Cons

No career progression

Was good to work for compared 5o others I have worked for management was good they was there supporting and if needed any equipment we got it when needed

Professional yet fun work place with great staff and management

In my experience this is the ideal company for a professional who enjoys meeting people and a fast paced environment with lots to do and learn. Very kind colleagues and supportive management. A lot of convenient facilities for a work/life balance. I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for Interserve.

Pros

Free staff bus Supportive and active management Friendly colleagues

Cons

Limited car park space

Poor management

You are promissed one from management, but they do the opposite, or do nothing. Pay is quite low and work-life balance is not existent. Hors are long and 8f you are new they will give you mostly night shifts.

Pros

Good colleagues, easy job

Cons

Long hours, low pay and poor management

Hands down one of the worst places I've worked. STAY FAR AWAY!

High staff turnover. I witnessed 7 staff members leave over the two year duration of my employment. Low salary for the work expected of you, poor HR team, unfair promotions, little to no training, false hope of career progression, no development, the constant threat of disciplinary action, passive aggressive management team, tight cliques between management teams across the company, toxic workplace culture encouraged, use of personal phone and email for business proposes, asked to take annual leave for IT issues, poor work life balance. The list could go on.

Pros

Remote working

Cons

High staff turnover, low salary, poor HR team, unfair promotions, poor training, no career progression or development, passive aggressive management team, toxic workplace culture, poor work life balance.

Unfreindly

Difficult to join ready established team that are unwelcoming and competitive. No attempt was name to introduce or train me ,instead I was told I'd make the effort myself if the job was important enough.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Very long hours both at work and at home

Beautiful location, disappointing job

Sewage work role, helping to run the wastewater treatment plant at the main military base and international airport on East Falkland. However, plant was not working due to a mechanical fault and this was not remedied during my entire, albeit short stay on the site. Demarcation issues between whether the fault lay with the contractor or the MoD authority meant the issue dragged on unresolved, and all the while bad, dirty water left the plant and ran out to the sea about 10 miles away. The watercourse ran on past a Gentoo penguin colony, so it was a worry what effect the pollution would have on the wildlife nearby.The location is however stunning. Anyone interested in nature would love the opportunity working in the Falklands affords to see unique wildlife up very close- Elephant seals, sealions, king penguins you name it. You also have the opportunity to meet very interesting people researchers, military personnel, Falkland Islanders, other workers in the base, not least the lovely ladies in the Interserve office, and to use free facilities like an excellent swimming pool, gym with Wattbikes and rowing machines. The communications with home were poor though- very expensive internet via a rip-off Sure South Atlantic contract, so it can get pricey when you get lonely. Accommodation too needs updating. Food passable.

Pros

Bonuses payable on completion of contract. Free food and accommodation. Wonderful location, opportunities to see Falkland Islands or Cone

Cons

Problems of working for a contractor- very long supply chains, a long way from anywhere when it all goes pear-shaped.

A fun workplace

My job is to dust an hoover the offices and empty bins, to dust hoover and mop reception area, to wash and dry dishes and empty bins and wipe all tables and chairs down and hoover and mop in the rest room. I clean the toilets and sinks and mop the floors in there. I work on my own but it is a lovely place to work

Pros

Being on my own and being able to get on

Low pay job

Not happy with pay structure. Fully qualified engineer earns less than a Porter doing the night shift. Work for the same company but different benefits for different departments. Job in general isn’t very hard but qualifications needed to perform job should be rewarded appropriately.

Pros

Job security

Cons

Long hours under staffed low pay

No help worked on my own

Worked their for a couple of months cleaning two bathrooms and the kitchen area some staff their was ok some of them had a ego too them I was cleaning the shop at closing time.

Don't care about you

Working with you during this period felt that the management did not care you are a number had accident hurt back in work asked for 2days off too rest they said stat sick pay only very disappointing so had to carry on working cos I couldn't afford time off lasted 3weeks had to take time off in agony no help

Multi skilled trader

Very poor management. Very corrupt. Management signed ppms off without them actually being done for nhs, all manager came in new cars day after. Fraud....

Pros

Cons

Lots

Terrible company. Terrible management

Extra hours not paidPoor management Paid for supplies, never got money backHuge staff turn over Understaffed on siteContinue to keep staff even with sackable offences

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Interserve. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Interserve with

• Interserve
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?