Interserve

Interserve Employee Reviews

Found 1,105 reviews matching the search
I liked where I worked for Interserve the staff were always nice the security were not downside was minimum wage but it's a government contract but I enjoyed working there
Pros
Great manager nice staff
Cons
Minimum wage
Badly resourced and managed contract. Management scared of client. Came off 2 weeks leave to a complaint from client at director level to senior management that they kept getting out of office messages and no response so was to be given a written warning which was withdrawn when I asked that it come from HR. When challenged in a client meeting on this matter, my boss hadn’t asked if they had tried alternate contacts as per out of office, we were told that they hadn’t but still expected us to take complaint seriously. Was given separate written warning when I burst out laughing at them in front of client.... also withdrawn by the way
Cons
Don’t try to claim expenses!
I never went through a interview as a member of my family was a foreman there so basically I walked straight into the job but hearing other guys that started working there said it was a easy job interview
Pros
Great company to work for, 3xcellent managment
Poor place to work from start to finish! Hours you work are fine however they put you on shifts without notifying you and make you feel like you cannot turn the offer down. They paid us minimum wage despite us living within the heart of London and refusing to pay the London living wage even when we got our union involved. Following on from the wage we will be underpaid every month and not by a little, the minimum would be £500 underpaid then expect to wait an extra month for our money but was underpaid again! When you took a problem up with the management they would then give you reasons to retract your statement otherwise you would be out of a job.
Pros
Cons
Poor wage, underpaid, poor management.
Managed by inept people who gained their position by default and maintain it by consistently passing their incompetence and accountability to others who are denied any opportunity to challenge decisions.Tutors are overworked and totally underpaid. Customers are hoodwinked into believing they are going to participate in courses which are going to be of benefit to them when actually the courses are chosen by the company on the basis of how much money is generated in funding. Promises of interviews and potential employment are fictitious, thought up by performance managers to drive up figures in their forecast but inevitably fail to materialise.
Pros
Front line staff generally supportive
Cons
Working there
After starting this job I soon learned that many before me had been taken off of Universal Credit and were sacked within a few weeks/months, I was no different, I really liked the job and staff were really nice but there was constant interference from Interserve who were not on site. My real issue was my manager was completely incapable of ensuring that a colleague wore a mask during the third Covid pandemic! I became very unpopular for insisting upon this and this led to me very quickly being sacked, well to be honest, they weren’t actually honest and upfront enough to sack me..... Instead when said non mask wearing colleague went off to self isolate and I was doing my own job plus helping to do Mrs anti maskers, they were actually advertising my own job. So a very deceitful underhand way to treat people, especially during a pandemic. So please be aware of this poisonous bunch. I noticed a very consistent trend of taking on vulnerable staff through a third party agency and then getting rid of them for the slightest of reasons.
An experience I don't care to repeat ever the office I worked out of was run by people who view anyone outside of intetserve or new as mere fodder for their ineptitude , weak skills, bad attitude, whining etc etc.
Pros
Cons
Brought down to their level
It was a great place to work. I felt appreciated and very happy in my work . The staff at B&Q were very helpful when I first started my position. Management was great .
Pros
Fitted nicely around my other job
Cons
Everyone is very friendly. The company is mostly for human rights. I had several health issues, and my line manager has always understood my pains and needs. Very grateful that I was able to gain friends and skills such as leadership and public speaking. To work in a great team and even taking responsibilities of cash handlings.
I miss working there, I had to pass a bunch of tests to get my licences but all where mostly easy as they teach you what you need to know beforehand, EVERYTHING is trained so little to no mistakes can be made, 99% of colleagues, supervisor and managers where friendly and easy going and willing to help you if needed, The hardest task was deep clean and that was absolutely back breaking. but it was a while ago I left and if it wasn't for the pay rate I would 100% chase after this job again as I really enjoy working nights and the unsuspecting feeling of freedom I got working there. also when I interviewed they seemed to prefer people without experience.
Pros
friendly and helpful environment
Cons
The hardest task was deep clean and that was absolutely back breaking.
Bully nature STAY AWAY AT COST !!!!!! Not good and don’t support you and sack you over silly stuff and it’s very much a click and if your not in it be aware you will be forced out. Stay away DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Loads of cons from the interview
Nice friendly place to work. No hassel from supervisour or management as long as the work was done to a high standard. Really friendly work mates that were always willing to help each other.
Cons
Not enough hours
Poor training, rude staff that are at the same level as you yet act like management and look down at you for being new. Poor management, they give you a spiel about great culture and how they will help you.. no this not the case.
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
Negative atmosphere
The job I do for Interserve is important to know how to prep an ambulance with all the necessary equipment needed to save a life but I and others that do this job have said the same was not properly trained in the things we need to do for that vehicle to go on duty I was just dumped with a guy that knew as much as I did that's it the rest you pick up along the way hoping you have done a job write need proper training not just thrown to the lions to do the job come on think about it Interserve...
I have worked for both the Yorkshire Hub and also the North West Branch as I lived half way between both and this allowed me more flexibility for my work.Loved working with the clients and the teams on the packages, all very helpful and also the branch staff were extremely friendly. Before covid I was able to go into branch and have conversations with the staff there, also able to work between them both in order to arrange my rota for me.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
If client becomes poorly
Avoid Working at the jobcentre in Durham cleaning Worked there for nearly 2 years. Jobcentre staff was nice. Other work colleagues were okThe supervisor is such a baby cry's attention if you don't play her game makes life difficult to work there constantly on your back unprofessional. When spoken with interserve management given them a list of issues. Didn't want to know. Even though supervisor is always on the sick. Management back the supervisor
Pros
Job for life if you can put up with the bad supervisor 0
Cons
Bad supervisor
I worked interserve for 4 years it was one of the best company I ever worked foe helpful management lovley staff I didnt want to leave i was sorry I had to leave
Pros
Great company lovley helpful people
Cons
None i was gutted i had to leave
I like the job but the hourly wage was rubbish for what you had to do we have to pickup the ambulance from there based.and taken back to the ambulance hub to clean them back and take them back to to the ambulance department were we pick them up from
Pros
1 hour for a brack
Cons
I work 10 hours for about £9.00 to 10.00 a hour
Boring and lots of equipment broken. Poor managementFood and drinks selection poorAlways running out. Also running out of itemsWouldn’t work for them again
Pros
Cons
Bored
It's been a while since I've worked there but I wouldn't recommend.. Staff was nice but management terrible. People didn't know what to do, no proper training provided. There was always a reason to call you that you did something wrong, never on good occasions.
Pros
Being paid on time
Cons
Spending too much time in the van
Absolutely a terrible place to work for.They con customers, they stab engineers in the back, they are incompetent and don’t care for safety. Don’t work for these
Pros
Engineers I worked with.
Cons
Incompetent management. Fraudulent company
  1. Employee reviews